• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We'll be there April 8-April 16 at the YC :yay::yay::yay:

We can't wait and we weren't even sure we were going to be able to go until two days ago because of my teen DD's crazy schedule! My AP is blocked out until 4/10 so we will be having a couple of lovely, relaxing resort days when we get there :lovestruc:flower::cloud9:

We are here now and having a FABULOUS time.
Question for my children’s tired feet- is there a way besides walking to get to HS before rope drop? I can’t find what time the boats start running and I’m pretty sure it’s not early enough.
Just to add to the comments from @Wood Nymph about the Friendships the parks open about 45-50 minutes before posted hours. So this week DHS opens a 9 AM so the health checks and security open about 8:10-8:15 depending on their operational readiness.

Just don't plan to use the Disney Skyliner at the International Gateway that early in the morning. That line does not start loading from the IG that early.

Dave

Hey everyone it’s been way too long that we have planned a stay at YC! So the family had a trip planned for this Spring Break (April9-17) but hubby found out he would still need to come home and quarantine even being fully vaccinated so the trip is now my two daughters, myself and my bestie!!! So excited for a girls trip!
Here’s my question... I vaguely remember off menu drinks at HH. Would anyone be willing to share their favorite drinks from HH? Bonus points for pics!
Thanks in advance! Gretchen
Worried about this issue here too. We have June planned , central NJ to yacht. Concerned our King Murphy will not let up the quarantine and will affect one member of our party and work obligations even though member is fully vaccinated. Very upsetting your dh can't join you....

Good morning everyone, we should be arriving at the YC tomorrow morning 🎉 this trip is a long time coming..
does anybody know if the ice machines are working? I wasn’t sure because of Covid, but filling up our camelback backpack is a big part of our morning routine..
The ice machines are operational.

Just hopping on the boards now for my June stay. sorry to bother you all but its my first trip during pandemic times can i get a highlight of yc expectations or things I need to know to catch up to all of you? cheat sheet?
and also I was wondering about rooms that may have walk-in showers that are not handicap accessible rooms and how to get one of those in the water view rooms category?
Thanks!!!

Just hopping on the boards now for my June stay. sorry to bother you all but its my first trip during pandemic times can i get a highlight of yc expectations or things I need to know to catch up to all of you? cheat sheet?
and also I was wondering about rooms that may have walk-in showers that are not handicap accessible rooms and how to get one of those in the water view rooms category?
Thanks!!!

The YC/BC/BCV page from our “open/closed FAQ” sticky can help get a general rundown of some of the basics: https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-resorts-open-closed-detail-faq-thread.3826299/post-62693878

May be a good place to start.

Enjoy your trip, and ask away with any questions, lots of people happy to help.

Hello Dee!
Can you please add me to Be Our Guest list, 4/16-4/24/21 Yacht Club, Water View. If you need any info, pictures or updates please let me know. Thank you!
Shelly

We'll be at BCV from 5/25-6/1!
Can anyone tell me if the rooms have the wall soap and shampoo dispensers
or do they have the individual bottles? Also do they still have the Mr. Coffee type coffee pots? Are all of the cups/plates now paper or do they supply the ceramic/glass type as before?

or do they have the individual bottles? Also do they still have the Mr. Coffee type coffee pots? Are all of the cups/plates now paper or do they supply the ceramic/glass type as before?

Studio, 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom?

I thought recent Trip Advisor reviews for the YC were interesting, with a problem about rooms not being available till very late in the day being noted more than once. There is one review detailing multiple issues, with kudos to excellent CM Debby for taking measures to try to make up for the problems. It was good to see a familiar name still working the YC’s front desk.

There are two reviews posted on the same date by “different” posters. Both reviews rate their stays as terrible. Even though they are posted under different names, it appears as though the reviews may have been posted by the same individual. Reading the reviews, you wonder if they are legit or not, but they are somewhat funny to read.

Recent YC Trip Advisor Reviews

No wall soap or shampoo dispensers at the BCVs. Individual containers for all toiletries; shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, facial soap and bath soap. Coffee pots are the Mr. Coffee type.
Studios will have either the 4 cup pot or the larger 12 cup pot. If you get a studio with the smaller pot and want the larger one, a quick call to housekeeping will remedy that situation. Likewise, if you have the larger pot and prefer the smaller one they'll swap it out. Studios are stocked with paper plates, bowls, plastic flatware, plastic cups and paper coffee cups. 1 and 2BR have the larger coffee pots and regular plates/cups, and flatware. All of the cooking needs as well for stove and oven. Not to mention a dishwasher to clean all of those "real" plates, bowls, cups and glasses. It's not a problem to request paper products in the 1BR or 2BR if you so desire.

Last edited:
I thought recent Trip Advisor reviews for the YC were interesting, with a problem about rooms not being available till very late in the day being noted more than once. There is one review detailing multiple issues, with kudos to excellent CM Debby for taking measures to try to make up for the problems. It was good to see a familiar name still working the YC’s front desk.

There are two reviews posted on the same date by “different” posters. Both reviews rate their stays as terrible. Even though they are posted under different names, it appears as though the reviews may have been posted by the same individual. Reading the reviews, you wonder if they are legit or not, but they are somewhat funny to read.

I've been reviewing on Tripadvisor for over ten years. I have learned to not pay much attention to a review where the reviewer has posted only once, or really less than five times. They are either majorly disgruntled, or paid to leave a good review. I don't really think Disney has to pay for good reviews though! I will read them, but with skepticism. Tripadvisor needs to up their game and verify reviews, but as I understand it, they don't really have a moderator.

Last edited:
I've been reviewing on Tripadvisor for over ten years. I have learned to not pay much attention to a review where the reviewer has posted only once, or really less than five times. They are either majorly disgruntled, or paid to leave a good review. I don't really think Disney has to pay for good reviews though! I will read them, but with skepticism. Tripadvisor needs to up their game and verify reviews, but as I understand it, they don't really have a moderator.
I have had the same thought about reviews not being verified. So, I know the reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt.

The reviews were comical. Obviously their first trip to Disney which was not researched at all...."couldn't even eat at the ice cream shop." :rotfl2:

My DD collects pressed pennies. Does anyone know, offhand, whether the pressed penny machines at YC/BC take a credit card or currency? I've read multiple threads where I'm getting conflicting information that some machines are credit card and some are still currency. Just curious about the YC/BC.

No wall soap or shampoo dispensers at the BCVs. Individual containers for all toiletries; shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, facial soap and bath soap. Coffee pots are the Mr. Coffee type.
Studios will have either the 4 cup pot or the larger 12 cup pot. If you get a studio with the smaller pot and want the larger one, a quick call to housekeeping will remedy that situation. Likewise, if you have the larger pot and prefer the smaller one they'll swap it out. Studios are stocked with paper plates, bowls, plastic flatware, plastic cups and paper coffee cups. 1 and 2BR have the larger coffee pots and regular plates/cups, and flatware. All of the cooking needs as well for stove and oven. Not to mention a dishwasher to clean all of those "real" plates, bowls, cups and glasses. It's not a problem to request paper products in the 1BR or 2BR if you so desire.

Thank you so much!

We'll be there April 8-April 16 at the YC :yay::yay::yay:

We can't wait and we weren't even sure we were going to be able to go until two days ago because of my teen DD's crazy schedule! My AP is blocked out until 4/10 so we will be having a couple of lovely, relaxing resort days when we get there :lovestruc:flower::cloud9:
Hi stranger :hug:

I’m happy to see you’re going in April. Hope you have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter