• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello, first time posting on this thread. I first stayed at BCV as a cash stay in 4/2019. It gave us a taste for the Deluxe Resorts. Prior to that we had mostly stayed at value with one stay at POR. We have APs so since then we have stayed at AKL, WL and Grand Floridian.

I took the plunge in September and bought into DVC before the direct purchase minimum points increased since the AP discounts are a big benefit because we live out of state. I bought into AKL due to the price, length of contract, dining options and atmosphere there. We are staying at BCV for our Welcome Home stay from 5/31-6/5. We have a 1 bedroom, this is the first time not staying in a regular room or studio.

My 13 yo is most excited about SAB, she had a great time there on our last stay. we should arrive about 10am on our first day and she doesn’t even want to go to MK that day. Does anyone have any hints on getting a reservation at Beaches & Cream?

Julia

Very weird specific question. If room service is available from 7am-11am for breakfast, what’s the quickest or earliest it can reach your room? Can you place an order for breakfast to be delivered the following morning?

Does anyone have any hints on getting a reservation at Beaches & Cream?

1. Keep checking
2. Especially the evening before you want to dine there, check again. People will cancel that day before to avoid the no show penalty
3. Join the walk up list. The walk up list opens when the restaurant opens at 11 AM. there may or may not be additional walk up availability throughout the day.

Any who has currently stayed at the BCV recently tell me the procedure for getting TP and garbage bags etc. Do I just call housekeeping and they leave it at the door?
Our recent stay at Universal, that is what we did , they left it hanging in a bag from your door handle.
Also, hello Dee we now have three trips on the books.
Can you please add us to the list for 3/20/22 to 3/26/2022 BCV.:)

Someone please refresh my memory. In the past when I rented a cabana at SAB, the reservation showed in my plans with a confirmation number.
I have a current reservation and nothing is showing, also not even a confirmation email.
I was given a confirmation number when I booked and was told I rented cabana 1. I am just surprised there is no paper trail.
When we were there last, back in 2019, we also booked a cabana and received no paper trail at all. You can add a "note" to your MDE noting the reservation number.

Any who has currently stayed at the BCV recently tell me the procedure for getting TP and garbage bags etc. Do I just call housekeeping and they leave it at the door?
Our recent stay at Universal, that is what we did , they left it hanging in a bag from your door handle.
Also, hello Dee we now have three trips on the books.
Can you please add us to the list for 3/20/22 to 3/26/2022 BCV.:)
Yes, call housekeeping. They will leave it in your room if you're not there.

Someone please refresh my memory. In the past when I rented a cabana at SAB, the reservation showed in my plans with a confirmation number.
I have a current reservation and nothing is showing, also not even a confirmation email.
I was given a confirmation number when I booked and was told I rented cabana 1. I am just surprised there is no paper trail.
We rented one this past November. No paper trail either but we did have a reservation number, they called our room at YC the day before our reservation to confirm. No issues for us.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip? Yes

Were you able to use your own, clear tubes at SAB in the past? Yes, multiple trips spanning years 2012 thru 2016 & own noodles

I was always told that outside floats were not allowed at all, and that the only things permitted were pool noodles or floats for babies/toddlers, as long as an adult was in arms reach. We have shown the clear tube(s) to the nearest life guard before using them in the pool or we have asked at the recreation type desk, where they used to sell stuff. We also marked them with a sharpie, so they do not get confused with the Disney owned tubes & noodles. Friends of ours asked/brought a pink tube colored to look like a pink frosted donut with sprinkles and & that was a no go. They were told that outside floats were not allowed.

I do not know about baby/toddler floats/arms length baby toddler floats, as we have never had the need for those, just clear inner tubes, noodles.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

🏊‍♀️

I am curious to see if noodles or clear tubes are allowed to be brought in, due to COVID, cleaning of the tubes/noodles etc.. I do not want to take up suitcase space if it is not allowed.

When we were there last, back in 2019, we also booked a cabana and received no paper trail at all. You can add a "note" to your MDE noting the reservation number.
Same here. It showed up when I last rented in 2019 but not for upcoming trip, so I created a note w/ the confirmation number & cabana # in MDE.

The charge went through on my CC as "WDW DINING RESV".

We rented one this past November. No paper trail either but we did have a reservation number, they called our room at YC the day before our reservation to confirm. No issues for us.

I only have a confirmation number for my SAB cabana rental for our upcoming trip. I was told you could request a certain cabana location, eg some for more private, one or possible two on the water, next to the sand, but that location wasn't guaranteed. I wasn't given a specific cabana number.

However the initial person I talked to said there wasn't a DVC discount either, so I had to call back & get that rectified, I never thought about asking the second more knowledgeable cast member about an assigned cabana number.

I have a dilemma with my upcoming trip 6/13-6/19. I have a cabana on the 19th which was perfect because my flight was scheduled to leave MCO at 9pm. But Southwest decided yesterday to change my flight from 9pm to 4:20pm.

I'm attempting to add another day to the trip- either by booking the full 7 nights and cancelling original reservation or booking a single night for the 19th, but Beach and Yacht are FULLY booked. There's nothing available even at rack rate.

I'm going to call today and see if there is anything they can do to add a day, but my expectations are pretty low. Fallback plan is to book a night at the Swan.

Just booked one this morning And I was wondering the same. I have a confirmation number, but no email and not showing on my plans. I also gave my dvc number, but not sure I got a discount even though she said there was one.

Just booked one this morning And I was wondering the same. I have a confirmation number, but no email and not showing on my plans. I also gave my dvc number, but not sure I got a discount even though she said there was one.

re: confirmation numbers. Y'all are where I was at 4 months ago. Got a confirmation, didn't appear in MDE. You do have to manually add it as a note. It doesn't auto add anymore. We got a reminder call the night before our reservation to make sure we didn't forget our cabana (as IF!).

As far as I know, noodles are still allowed at Stormalong Bay.

@VAtink If you find yourself at the pool, could you ask a life guard or recreation CM about noodle use and/or what guests are allowed to bring to SAB from home.

Thanks!

:fish:

I checked on the noodles and the CM said it's fine to bring your own.

The pool right now is practically empty, no waits that I've seen to get in.

Also, gotta say, the weather this week is the nicest I've seen down here. Not too hot, not too humid, and a great breeze throughout the day. If only it would be this nice when we go in September!

I have a dilemma with my upcoming trip 6/13-6/19. I have a cabana on the 19th which was perfect because my flight was scheduled to leave MCO at 9pm. But Southwest decided yesterday to change my flight from 9pm to 4:20pm.

I'm attempting to add another day to the trip- either by booking the full 7 nights and cancelling original reservation or booking a single night for the 19th, but Beach and Yacht are FULLY booked. There's nothing available even at rack rate.

I'm going to call today and see if there is anything they can do to add a day, but my expectations are pretty low. Fallback plan is to book a night at the Swan.
Your issue partly is related to all of the conferences and conventions, whose attendees are booked at the EPCOT resorts. The Swan and Dolphin have sizable groups, with overflow coming to the YC and BC; that’s in addition to the YC and BC groups.

Your issue partly is related to all of the conferences and conventions, whose attendees are booked at the EPCOT resorts. The Swan and Dolphin have sizable groups, with overflow coming to the YC and BC; that’s in addition to the YC and BC groups.
Thanks! Didn't think to check for conventions. Swan had availability as of last night and a decent rate on Expedia, so it looks like that may be the only option to keep my cabana day.

I'm curious about Disney's current resort capacity. I go to Yacht/Beach around this time every year for the past 5+ years and I've never seen it fully booked before. This has been the most frustrating trip to plan.

Congrats on snagging a cabana. I got the last one for the day I booked. Full price is $318 . With a DVC discount should be around $265 ish.
I have booked in the past and it showed on my plans. This time I created a note in my plans with the confirmation number. Hope you have a great vacation.8-)

I took the plunge in September and bought into DVC... We have a 1 bedroom, this is the first time not staying in a regular room or studio.

Uh, oh. You're in trouble now. Once you stay in a 1-bedroom, you do not want to go back to a studio or regular room. This is how addonitis (add-on-itis) happens; you'll want more points.

I am so sorry! We leave on 6/21 around 9 pm and only our flight number was changed. I would be so irritated if the time changed to 4 pm. DD has 6 different flights this summer and every single one had a change yesterday. Last August, we flew to WDW and our morning flight was pushed to later in the day which was sad. I was hoping all the changes were COVID related and they would stop changing so much. So far, we still arrive at 9 am on 6/13 and leave 9ish on 6/21. I hope Southwest stops making changes.

Well then. . .
Maybe many of the YC and BC guest will attend conventions during the afternoon and SAB won't be as crowded as I fear it will be in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter