• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

i booked directly through disney. on MDE it's just listed as "2 Bedroom Villa" with no requests made.

it won't be a problem either way (i'll just make my 10 y/o twins share a pull out, lol). i was just curious.

thanks!
We have stayed in both a dedicated two bedroom villa and a 2 br lock-off. Our reservations were booked through Disney, so we were at the mercy of the room assigners. The best you can do is request the dedicated 2br. DVC members have priority when it comes to the dedicated villas, but you could get lucky. :)

i booked directly through disney. on MDE it's just listed as "2 Bedroom Villa" with no requests made.

it won't be a problem either way (i'll just make my 10 y/o twins share a pull out, lol). i was just curious.

thanks!

Okay. If this is being treated like a room request, then I don't think you would be able to see it in MDE. I could be wrong, but I don't think any room requests are ever visible in MDE.

Sometimes people report that they put in a room request. When they had to call Disney later on, they discovered that the room request was not noted on their reservation. So you might want to call the Disney reservation number (407-W-DISNEY). Ask them to read back to you whatever they see on your reservation as a room request. That will at least let you know if your request was actually noted on your reservation.

Anyone know the best way to make a request for a daybed at BC? We really need one. Thanks!!

Call 407-W-DISNEY.

Or you can try doing it through the Live Chat on disneyworld.com
People have reported mixed success doing that.

If you are making more than one request, make sure you are clear about what is most important.

And do not do any requests when you do online check-in, because supposedly that will override anything you did previously.

I just posted this in a reply to someone else:
Sometimes people report that they put in a room request. When they had to call Disney later on, they discovered that the room request was not noted on their reservation. So you might want to call the Disney reservation number (407-W-DISNEY). Ask them to read back to you whatever they see on your reservation as a room request. That will at least let you know if your request was actually noted on your reservation.

Hi, Dee,

Can you please add us to the BOG list? Finally got our dates nailed down. This is our 7 year old Grandson's FIRST DISNEY TRIP!:love: and oh yeah, and his parents are coming along too.... :rotfl2:

2 rooms - Yacht Club, Garden View - Feb 5 - 12, 2022 - Gramma, Grampa, DD, DSIL, and DGS

We are about to experience our first stay at the Beach Club Villas June 9-13, and I've loved reading through all of the great info on the thread! A few questions/clarifications for the Beach Club experts out there...

1: We are staying in a studio, and I read that there is a laundry room free to BCV guests. However, we are not DVC members and have reserved our studio directly through Disney. Will we have access to this laundry room, or do you have to be a DVC member?

2: Our studio is a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower. Tons of great photos here and elsewhere of the rooms, and I even found one showing the roll in shower. However, no pics of the whole bathroom setup. Would anyone here be able to speak to the bathroom arrangement in the accessible studios? Are the sink, shower, and toilet all in the bathroom together, or are the areas separate to allow more than one person get ready at a time in the morning?

3: I saw in the beginning posts information about the pool showers, specifically that they reopened in the fall of last year and then closed again in November. Did I miss any updates to this? We have a very late flight on our checkout day and I'm trying to figure out if we will be able to use the pool, then shower and change after. Or are the lockers and changing areas at least available?

We are about to experience our first stay at the Beach Club Villas June 9-13, and I've loved reading through all of the great info on the thread! A few questions/clarifications for the Beach Club experts out there...

1: We are staying in a studio, and I read that there is a laundry room free to BCV guests. However, we are not DVC members and have reserved our studio directly through Disney. Will we have access to this laundry room, or do you have to be a DVC member?

2: Our studio is a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower. Tons of great photos here and elsewhere of the rooms, and I even found one showing the roll in shower. However, no pics of the whole bathroom setup. Would anyone here be able to speak to the bathroom arrangement in the accessible studios? Are the sink, shower, and toilet all in the bathroom together, or are the areas separate to allow more than one person get ready at a time in the morning?

3: I saw in the beginning posts information about the pool showers, specifically that they reopened in the fall of last year and then closed again in November. Did I miss any updates to this? We have a very late flight on our checkout day and I'm trying to figure out if we will be able to use the pool, then shower and change after. Or are the lockers and changing areas at least available?

Hope you have a great stay at my favorite!

1. Yes, you will have access to the laundry facilities just as anyone staying in the DVC building. I never do laundry on vacation but I believe the laundry room is on the 4th floor to the left off the elevator. I seem to recall seeing it daily after not receiving a single room request and landing on the 4th floor. :D

2. I can't speak with any specificity on this one since I have never seen one of the accessible rooms. If it is set up like other studios, the sink would be outside the shower/toilet area. Just guessing though.

3. The pool showers/locker rooms were closed when I was in Disney from 5/6-14/21. I recall reading someone else found the companion locker room open but the shower marked as closed. Obviously, this could change at any time with the quickly changing state, federal and CDC guidelines.

Last edited:

Would anyone here be able to speak to the bathroom arrangement in the accessible studios? Are the sink, shower, and toilet all in the bathroom together, or are the areas separate to allow more than one person get ready at a time in the morning?

The sink, shower and toilet are all in the bathroom together. Consequently, there are not separate areas to allow more than more person to get ready in the morning.

We are about to experience our first stay at the Beach Club Villas

2. When you look at photos, be aware that there are accessible studios which do not have roll in showers. For some reason, I always get assigned a handicapped accessible room although I never requested it, don't need it and don't want it. (If the handicapped accessible rooms are not used for people who need it, then anybody can get assigned to anyone.) In the bathroom that I had, the bathtub/shower combo, sink and toilet were all in one room together. The bathroom was huge, but there were no shelves on which to place your toiletries. But a bathroom with a roll in shower might be different. Also, this was before the last refurb, so things might have changed.

3 For comparison purposes: pre-COVID, I stayed at BoardWalk Villas. The fitness center there has locker rooms. The ladies' locker rooms has lockers, 2 showers, 2 toilet stalls and 2 sinks. But the situation has always been different at Beach Club. IIRC, the showers were supposed to be for people using the spa, not for people using the fitness center. Eventually people were banned from using the showers unless they had an appointment at the spa. Fairly recently they added shower rooms out by the pool. I don't know if there were lockers near those showers. There have always been lockers in the Stormalong Bay pool area. I think there may outdoor showers near the pool where you can rinse off the chlorine.

2. When you look at photos, be aware that there are accessible studios which do not have roll in showers. For some reason, I always get assigned a handicapped accessible room although I never requested it, don't need it and don't want it. (If the handicapped accessible rooms are not used for people who need it, then anybody can get assigned to anyone.) In the bathroom that I had, the bathtub/shower combo, sink and toilet were all in one room together. The bathroom was huge, but there were no shelves on which to place your toiletries. But a bathroom with a roll in shower might be different. Also, this was before the last refurb, so things might have changed.

3 For comparison purposes: pre-COVID, I stayed at BoardWalk Villas. The fitness center there has locker rooms. The ladies' locker rooms has lockers, 2 showers, 2 toilet stalls and 2 sinks. But the situation has always been different at Beach Club. IIRC, the showers were supposed to be for people using the spa, not for people using the fitness center. Eventually people were banned from using the showers unless they had an appointment at the spa. Fairly recently they added shower rooms out by the pool. I don't know if there were lockers near those showers. There have always been lockers in the Stormalong Bay pool area. I think there may outdoor showers near the pool where you can rinse off the chlorine.

The only lockers at YC/BC are at Stormalong within the gates of the pool area. I prefer the BWV set up where they are in the men's/women's locker rooms.

Sadly when we were at BWV on the dates noted previously, the locker rooms were open for changing but the lockers disabled and showers not open. Kind of put a chink in our plan for check-out day. We made due--had some grocery bags, stored our suits in those with bell services and changed in our "private pool" restrooms. Not ideal, but worked fine.

Sure hope they get both the locker/shower facilities open again soon!

I posted the dates for our next trip already. Our anniversary trip will be September 9-17 @ YC. But now I have another trip too.

I got a promo from Southwest for bonus rapid rewards points, the catch is you have to fly by July 31. Our trip isn’t til September, but this offer was too good to pass up, so a quick trip it is. Settled on June 17-19, very limited resorts on Disney’s site. I was considering Pop since I had been wanting to try it. But walking to Epcot & Studios is better for such a short trip. Swan had a good rate, but I alsoI checked out Priceline. I was able to get YC with a 10% discount. Now I’m stalking for ADRs. All this to try & keep my companion pass for next year. This quick, unplanned 2 night trip is probably gonna cost more than I will pay for airfare for my DH next year. But hey, it’s Disney math! :lmao:

Last edited:
All this to try & keep my companion pass for next year. This quick, unplanned 2 night trip is probably gonna cost more than I will pay for airfare for my DH next year. But hey, it’s Disney math!
My sister booked a two night trip to Disney because she needed to use her SWA points before they expired. I joined her and we had a great time. I love Disney math. :)

I called last night about 9:00 ET to check the room requests for our upcoming stay (5 days!!) and found out the original CM that I booked with did add to the reservation that we need a room with a daybed. I only waited on hold about 15-20 minutes, which was pretty good, since when I called to book I waited over an hour.

Everything is lined up and we're all getting excited!

Anyone have any recent Magical Express experiences they can share? Wait times, order of drop offs, etc. On the fence about booking a private car or risking it with Magical Express. Have a 8 month old and a 3 year old so don’t really want to deal with a long line with them plus luggage.

Anyone have any recent Magical Express experiences they can share? Wait times, order of drop offs, etc. On the fence about booking a private car or risking it with Magical Express. Have a 8 month old and a 3 year old so don’t really want to deal with a long line with them plus luggage.

we used it this morning. On DME at 8:45 and standing outside SAB at 9:40 -includes the time it took to drop our luggage off at bell services

At SAB now and it’s 12:30. It’s getting fuller but no line to get in and still plenty of chairs, just most are in the sun.
We also did a mobile order for ale & compass that was super easy to do and brought it to eat poolside.

When you got there just before 10, did you have any issues getting chairs you wanted? How fast do you think the prime chair locations went?

Thank you, this is really helpful! I always forget that there is historical info about discounts out there in the world. If I want to make a reservation now, just in case, would any discounts announced in the future apply? Do I just call and ask them for the discount if something is to pop up? I was thinking I might do that and then cancel if nothing happens (or keep it if we win the lottery 😉 )

Yes and no.

They only offer unsold room inventory as discounted and there has to be an available room at the discounted price for them to change your reservation to the discount. For early January, I think it is pretty safe there will be available discounts, but this whole year is a reset of the norms, so ... who knows?

For example, if there are 100 rooms in your category for your stay, an 90 are already booked when the discount drops, then only the 10 available rooms will be offered at the discounted price. It then becomes first-come/first-serve to re-book for those 10 spots. Rooms that become available after the discount drops are not automatically offered at a discount. For instance, there were very few water view rooms available under the late Summer discount, and they went in hours, but some were still avialable at rack rate afterwards. The Poly was so booked, they didn't offer any discounted non-DVC rooms.

But, you are correct, you can just call and have them re-book you to the discounted room. If you book through a good Disney travel agent, like the Dreams Unlimited, they'll get on the phone and take care of it for you automatically.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter