Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My son & DIL were at BC last month. The line at B & C window was backed up to the doors into BC. They went to Boardwalk & got ice cream there instead. It’s the same ice cream, the sundaes are the same just different names. DIL said the prices were lower than at B & C. They said they’ll probably go there in the future instead of B & C.
Good to know, BW it is then. Thanks

Years ago B & C served Hershey ice cream (I believe the Plaza on Main St. did as well & even had a sign that the Plaza ice cream shop was sponsored by Hershey’s) and it was much better. Actually all the food was much better at B & C back then. @ Ricguz is correct that they are both Edy’s now.

Any regular ice cream on property from a disney owned and operated location is Dreyers (Edy's). Same for the plaza ice cream parlor, value/moderate resort food courts, etc. Years ago the contract was with Hersheys, and IIRC Breyers before that.

I’ve only had ice cream at B&C once because it tasted nothing special to me, it being Edy’s makes sense. RIP Ample Hills tbh. Even the local shops in NYC have been closed and don’t look like they’re ever reopening. They owe over $100k in back rent on the original location I grew up going to. 🙁

Not sure if anyone here may know from experience but giving it a shot…

I booked two CL rooms at YC 7/18-7/25. We’re a family of 7. I know *some* YC rooms have the (2) queen and one pullout layout. Does anyone know if they have that configuration in the club level rooms?

Yes, some do! We stayed in one over Easter weekend. It was a Standard View but actually had a nice view of Stormalong Bay. I will update with the room number later after I look at a map. There were 3 of us and it was nice to have our own beds. The couch back pulls down to a single twin(ish) size, so much smaller that the 2 queens. Very similar to the couch beds that are in the Contemporary rooms.

We originally extended our BC stay for 1 night. I asked the front desk CM if there were any BC CL rooms available to upgrade. She said no, but there is a YC CL room for $200 more (key upgrade amount, LOL!). The room was on the CL floor, 5th I believe? It wasn’t a nonCL room with added CL access.

Last edited:
Sorry, editing because I missed the quote from @Lilysmom who was looking for this information…

In April 2021 we stayed in 5175 at the YC. I believe this was a CL room but CL wasn't open at the time. We did have the sleeper sofa in the room. My daughter ended up sleeping on it and said it was comfortable.

yc1.jpegyc2.jpegyc3.jpeg

Last edited:

What exactly could be done to avoid such views? The hotel design is that lower floors jut out further than higher floors. Many guest rooms are in higher floors so above the rooflines of lower floors. Should they just have less rooms so they don’t have guest rooms in those areas? The bad view rooms are designated as standard view, the description on the booking page actually says “view of rooftop or parking area”. So you know what you’re getting when you book. Yes there are a few standard view rooms that don’t, but the majority of rooms are designated standard because they have such views. The way to avoid those views is to book a higher category.
Some places put down a nice overlay on the roof, making it look like some sort of deck or finished area that is not accessible. Plantings and other creative structures can hide vents and the various metal structures that you'd find out there. It could happen!

Some places put down a nice overlay on the roof, making it look like some sort of deck or finished area that is not accessible. Plantings and other creative structures can hide vents and the various metal structures that you'd find out there. It could happen!

Yes, some places do. Disney does not do that. The old New England hotels they’re modeled after do not have that. These hotels have been there for 30 years. They look how they look.

I’ve only had ice cream at B&C once because it tasted nothing special to me, it being Edy’s makes sense. RIP Ample Hills tbh. Even the local shops in NYC have been closed and don’t look like they’re ever reopening. They owe over $100k in back rent on the original location I grew up going to. 🙁
Off topic, but the original owners/creators of Ample Hills opened a new creamery in Brooklyn called The Social. They seem to be doing well! It’s on my list to try this summer.

Anyone have (recent) news on the refurbishments progress at Beach Club Villas? Planning a vacation for September with a Toddler and want him to be able to nap in the hotel room. Am I playing Russian roulette with construction noise if I book there?

Anyone have (recent) news on the refurbishments progress at Beach Club Villas? Planning a vacation for September with a Toddler and want him to be able to nap in the hotel room. Am I playing Russian roulette with construction noise if I book there?
No news yet, villa refurbs stopped very abruptly and now the hotel side is suddenly getting refurbed instead.

Arrive in 3 weeks and have not put in a room request yet. But we arrive at 10pm and don't want stuck in something awful though we do only have standard booked.

We want something reasonable distance to either pool because I think we will use both.
I looked at touring plans and it only shows standard view rooms on 2nd floor and no other floors at all. wondering if it's not working correctly.

Anyway, wondering how to word a room request when I am unsure of what to request. LOL Sounds crazy I know but any help appreciated! THANKS!

Arrive in 3 weeks and have not put in a room request yet. But we arrive at 10pm and don't want stuck in something awful though we do only have standard booked.

We want something reasonable distance to either pool because I think we will use both.
I looked at touring plans and it only shows standard view rooms on 2nd floor and no other floors at all. wondering if it's not working correctly.

Anyway, wondering how to word a room request when I am unsure of what to request. LOL Sounds crazy I know but any help appreciated! THANKS!
I've had zero success using Touring Plans room requests. Hopefully, someone here can give us both some insight.

I've had zero success using Touring Plans room requests. Hopefully, someone here can give us both some insight.
Well I don't have to use that to put in my request I was just looking at it for ideas of what to request though.
I am just unsure how to word a request at BC.

To be honest we usually stay at Pop and I find requests easier there because I just request a decade section and a top or bottom floor. Ex 70's 1st floor. and that's it.

I am finding what to ask for or how to word a request at BC harder since I'm so unfamilar.

The vast majority of Beach Club standard view rooms overlook the flat roof and are on the third and fourth floors. Half of these rooms overlook the Crescent Lake side and half overlook the parking lot side, although they are not close to the parking lot.

I like to request a large balcony and a nice view. :)

Utilize the additional details box and explain exactly why you want that room and what your priorities are. Most people just click on the room they want and let the automatic request handle it, and while you can have success that way, that still doesn't tell the room assigners why you wanted it. Only twice I've not been successful doing it this way, and one of those times was at GF when I got pixie dusted into the main building. But I also have our TA call Disney and note our requests on our reservation too, just to be on the safe side (a lot of people don't realize you can do both. Just make sure the requests don't contradict each other). This time we are booked in Garden/Woods view at YC and in the additional details box I put "top priority is close to elevator".

That said...it's best to remember that requests are just that, requests. If lots of people are asking for the same/similar qualities in rooms, inevitably someone is going to lose out.

Just made reservations at the Yacht Club non CL October 27 to November 1st this time. Last December we were at YC CL for 11 days. CL was great, CM superior, but I can’t justify the 300 dollars per day differential. Plus I have 700 in gift cards we need to use which we will for food. So I book a garden view room. Any recommendations on which room area? I have requested king bed, and full balcony. My last half dozen stays have been club level so this is a new experience. We are also just doing resorts this time around other than the Halloween party.

Just made reservations at the Yacht Club non CL October 27 to November 1st this time. Last December we were at YC CL for 11 days. CL was great, CM superior, but I can’t justify the 300 dollars per day differential. Plus I have 700 in gift cards we need to use which we will for food. So I book a garden view room. Any recommendations on which room area? I have requested king bed, and full balcony. My last half dozen stays have been club level so this is a new experience. We are also just doing resorts this time around other than the Halloween party.
I’m not sure where the king bed rooms are located, but when we’ve had a regular garden view we’ve requested a gazebo view (and also close to main lobby).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter