Diva & 27th Anniv Trip w/1500+ Pics, Photopass starts #765!!

Bananas Foster is one of my favorite desserts it is so yummy! Now if you can't afford the Jazz when you have the family go to Mimi's and try the bananas foster cheesecake so good!

Mimi's has good food, but I'll pass on the cheesecake......not a fan of it. I can take about 2 bites of it before the consistancy becomes an issue for me.

I love Ralph Brennan's take out part. They have good food from that part, just don't try their coleslaw. It did not impress me.

Animation Building looks awesome

Zoetroppe looks really neat too. Never heard that word before

How hard is it to get into one of the Lilly Belle Train rides? Do you make a reservation for it the same day? Trent would love that

Flag Retreat looks great. Never seen it at WDW. You can tell the one guy standing there in print shirt and ball cap was in service for sure by the way he was standing at attention during it all :goodvibes

Jazz Kitchen looked like a blast and that dessert looked so good :thumbsup2

Great new installment. It really looks like you guys did some really fun stuff!!

Love the Lilly Belle! Mom and I did the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour a few years back and the Lillby Belle was part of that but it was during the summer and I can't remember if the windows don't open or don't open very much but it was SWELTERING in there and between that and just walking around for several hours in the heat my mom ended up with a bit of heat stroke. She had to go back to the room and missed the meal at the end. I just wish we could have enjoyed it more but we were all SO hot it was tough!

Looks like you guys had a blast though and got some great photos!

We went to Jazz Kitchen on our trip in Dec. It was one of the few nice meals we had. We had ressies at Ariels, CC, the bbq and a few others and EVERYTHING got cancelled due to weather so we ended up going to Jazz and I think Storytellers. We love ST and go almost everytime but haven't gone to JK very much and we enjoyed it. I love the bannanas foster as well.

Seems like you guys really had a nice time and I am glad that the various places recognized your anniversary. Shane and I went a few years back and never had anyone even say happy anniversary much less do anything which I was kind of bummed about. We very rarely get to go at that time of year because of the kids school and such and so it was def a special occasion for us but I am glad they are getting better at acknowleging your special day! It really makes you feel like they care and are trying to make your time their special!!

Looking forward to the next installment but a little sad too because then it will be over and I won't have anyone to live vicariously through anymore LOL.

I so enjoy your reports and all your wonderful photos and feel like I am living it through you guys!!

Hope you have/had a nice night tonight!! :)

I love Ralph Brennan's take out part. They have good food from that part, just don't try their coleslaw. It did not impress me.

We've never stopped in for that......might have to check it out next trip!! Thanx for the tip on the coleslaw.....I usually like it!!

Animation Building looks awesome

Zoetroppe looks really neat too. Never heard that word before

How hard is it to get into one of the Lilly Belle Train rides? Do you make a reservation for it the same day? Trent would love that

Flag Retreat looks great. Never seen it at WDW. You can tell the one guy standing there in print shirt and ball cap was in service for sure by the way he was standing at attention during it all :goodvibes

Jazz Kitchen looked like a blast and that dessert looked so good :thumbsup2

The Animation building has all sorts of fun things to look at & try. They also have a few fun activities which we did later in our trip.....so we'll be going back to the Animation Bldg!!!

When you arrive at Disneyland, go up to the Main St Train Station & ask if they're giving rides on the Lilly Belle. If they are, they'll take a certain amount of people for 2 trips that day. If you get on the list....they'll tell you what time to return. If you don't get the first time......keep trying!!

Good eye on spotting the one veteran (or at least the only one that came forward)......they invite each branch of the service to come forward & stand at the flag pole for the ceremony.....it's really a nice touch. We've seen the ceremony with the Disneyland Band playing & also with the Dapper Dans singing. Both were really neat!!

Great new installment. It really looks like you guys did some really fun stuff!!

Love the Lilly Belle! Mom and I did the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour a few years back and the Lillby Belle was part of that but it was during the summer and I can't remember if the windows don't open or don't open very much but it was SWELTERING in there and between that and just walking around for several hours in the heat my mom ended up with a bit of heat stroke. She had to go back to the room and missed the meal at the end. I just wish we could have enjoyed it more but we were all SO hot it was tough!

Looks like you guys had a blast though and got some great photos!

We went to Jazz Kitchen on our trip in Dec. It was one of the few nice meals we had. We had ressies at Ariels, CC, the bbq and a few others and EVERYTHING got cancelled due to weather so we ended up going to Jazz and I think Storytellers. We love ST and go almost everytime but haven't gone to JK very much and we enjoyed it. I love the bannanas foster as well.

Seems like you guys really had a nice time and I am glad that the various places recognized your anniversary. Shane and I went a few years back and never had anyone even say happy anniversary much less do anything which I was kind of bummed about. We very rarely get to go at that time of year because of the kids school and such and so it was def a special occasion for us but I am glad they are getting better at acknowleging your special day! It really makes you feel like they care and are trying to make your time their special!!

Looking forward to the next installment but a little sad too because then it will be over and I won't have anyone to live vicariously through anymore LOL.

I so enjoy your reports and all your wonderful photos and feel like I am living it through you guys!!

Hope you have/had a nice night tonight!! :)

The Lilly Belle wasn't part of our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour....... :( So I'm glad we got the chance this time. They had windows open when we went......I heard people saying......hi people on the Lilly Belle!!

The Jazz Kitchen is definitely a place we'll be returning to. We've pretty much written the Rainforest Cafe off our list. The food there has gotten consistantly worse.....so not worth the money anymore.

We wore our Anniversary Buttons the whole trip........we got quite a bit of comments from them.....not near as much as we did the trip in 09. We had a couple CM's ask how many years & I said 27 & they said, were you two married when you were 5? :rotfl2: yeah, that's it!! ;)

Hard to believe I'm down to 2 days left. I'll have photopass pics to add down the road.......but the report will be over soon!

Day 7 for me, Day 3 for Mike, March 9th.

I woke up early & decided to go in search of a mini-mart while Mike slept. It ended up being quite a walk, but it was quiet & beautiful out.......I took pictures on my way back from the store.

001-10.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-7.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-7.jpg

007-8.jpg

008-9.jpg

009-8.jpg

010-8.jpg

011-8.jpg

012-8.jpg

013-8.jpg

014-6.jpg

I went back up to the room & Mike had already showered, so I went in to clean up. We decided not to be in a rush this morning, as we were heading to DCA at 10am.

We went downstairs & had a quick breakfast at the Surfside Lounge.

025-6.jpg

024-5.jpg

We went up & ordered & then took pics from around the lounge area.

015-6.jpg

016-7.jpg

017-7.jpg

018-5.jpg

019-5.jpg

I had the Strawberry Creme Cheese Pastry....tasty!

020-4.jpg

Mike had the Breakfast Machaca Burrito....it was huge!!

021-5.jpg

Here are some more pictures from the lounge area.

022-5.jpg

023-4.jpg

026-6.jpg

027-5.jpg

After finishing breakfast, we walked over to the GCH & headed to the DCA entrance. This is a nice little perk for the resort hotel guests to have this private entrance. We wandered into the park & headed towards the Hollywood Backlot. The park wasn't open yet, so we did a little window shopping while we waited for the rope drop. Once 10am hit, we went in to the backlots.

028-6.jpg

029-6.jpg

034-5.jpg

Sully came out & so we went & had our picture taken.

030-6.jpg

We were on a mission to get our Disney Visa picture & Meet-n-Greet. We could have done this everyday last summer on our trip & we never got there. They have a small area for this private meet-n-greet & the photopass photographers take your picture that you can pick up later in the day. You receive one free 5x7 per day.

032-6.jpg

033-6.jpg

035-6.jpg

036-6.jpg

When we were heading back out of the backlots area, we saw Goofy!

037-4.jpg

038-7.jpg

Our next destination was the Pier area, but we had to get some pictures along the way. We stopped to have a pic done with GRR in the background.

039-7.jpg

040-6.jpg

Mike got a picture of the orange tree.

041-6.jpg

When we crossed over the bridge towards the Pier, we noticed a short line for Sailor Mickey......so we stopped to say hello!

042-7.jpg

043-6.jpg

044-5.jpg

046-4.jpg

Loved this one!

045-6.jpg

Lots of great character pics this episode...I LOVE the one where you are saluting with sailor Mickey! Must recreate this with Colton on our next trip I can just see it in my head already!

After we said goodbye to Mickey, we went down to California Screamin'. There was a short stand-by line, so we hopped on. I think we waited less than 10 mins. The music soundtrack was working today!!! Last summer, both times I rode it, the music wasn't working & it freaked me out to hear every little clunk....so was relieved it was working!

047-4.jpg

048-6.jpg

We went to see what the line looked like for Toy Story Midway Mania....it was a 25 minute wait.....so we figured this would be the best it gets.

049-5.jpg

While waiting in line we took these photos.

050-6.jpg

051-5.jpg

052-6.jpg

053-6.jpg

054-5.jpg

055-6.jpg

056-5.jpg

057-6.jpg

058-6.jpg

We actually waited 25 mins!!

Once exiting the ride, I stopped to take these two photos.

059-5.jpg

060-6.jpg

We stopped & did the pose in the box....... I sure wish they could figure out how to eliminate the glare.....this was better than last summer....but still hard to see.

061-6.jpg

062-6.jpg

We took some random pics around the pier.

063-5.jpg

064-6.jpg

065-6.jpg

066-5.jpg

067-6.jpg

Everytime I had gone by Duffy's Photo area, he wasn't there......this time he was there....all by himself.....so sad!

068-5.jpg

Lots of great character pics this episode...I LOVE the one where you are saluting with sailor Mickey! Must recreate this with Colton on our next trip I can just see it in my head already!

I love finding the characters with little to no line!!! So worth it to go in the "off" seasons!!

With all the construction walls, we decided to ham it up with a couple of the Cars Land signs.

069-5.jpg

070-6.jpg

Here's a couple more construction photos.

071-5.jpg

072-6.jpg

Speaking of all the construction.....we went into the Blue Sky Cellars to take a peek of upcoming changes planned for DCA.

073-5.jpg

074-5.jpg

075-4.jpg

076-6.jpg

077-7.jpg

078-7.jpg

079-7.jpg

080-8.jpg

081-6.jpg

082-6.jpg

083-5.jpg

084-5.jpg

085-5.jpg

086-6.jpg

087-6.jpg

088-6.jpg

089-6.jpg

090-6.jpg

091-5.jpg

092-5.jpg

Sailor Mickey is so cute

Love your face in California screamin picture :laughing:

You take such great pics :thumbsup2

More Blue Sky Cellar Pics.

I thought the names on the kegs were kinda funny (sorry they're so dark).

093-4.jpg

094-4.jpg

095-6.jpg

096-6.jpg

097-5.jpg

098-5.jpg

Here's some pics of the new Little Mermaid Ride:

100-4.jpg

099-5.jpg

101-6.jpg

102-4.jpg

103-5.jpg

104-5.jpg

105-3.jpg

107-5.jpg

106-5.jpg

A couple of the Cars Land:

108-5.jpg

109-5.jpg

Finishing up the Blue Sky Cellars.

111-5.jpg

112-5.jpg

Sailor Mickey is so cute

Love your face in California screamin picture :laughing:

You take such great pics :thumbsup2

I loved getting the picture with Sailor Mickey since I picked the kids up the Duffy bears for them & he was part of that story.

Now that I know where the pictures on the rides are taken.....I can't seem to pass up posing for them!!

Thank you....I'm glad you're enjoying them!!

We headed back to the Hollywood Backlots area.

113-5.jpg

114-6.jpg

115-7.jpg

116-6.jpg

117-6.jpg

118-5.jpg

119-6.jpg

120-5.jpg

We went back to the Animation Building to do the Animation Academy & Turtle Talk......something we've missed doing every trip. The Animation Academy was first.

121-6.jpg

122-5.jpg

123-5.jpg

You go into the small auditorium & take a seat. An actual Disney artist teaches you how to draw one of the characters. You have a large clipboard with paper & pencil. He has a camera above his drawing board & he walks you thru the steps. Today's character was Goofy!!

125-5.jpg

124-5.jpg

126-5.jpg

127-5.jpg

128-4.jpg

129-5.jpg

131-5.jpg

132-5.jpg

133-5.jpg

Here's our finished product........Mike's:

134-5.jpg

And Mine:

135-5.jpg

This was a lot of fun & it really can make an artist out of anyone. Mike has no artistic ability at all & I was impressed with his pic.

The classes are held every 30 minutes (on the hour & half-hour) and last less than 15 minutes. So if you get a chance to do this....you'll have fun & its fun to see how everyone elses pictures come out!!

We had a couple minutes before Turtle Talk, so we wandered into Off the Page & watched the artist in there drawing Snow White.

137-5.jpg

138-4.jpg

Next on the schedule was to go watch Turtle Talk with Crush!! This was outside the auditorium.

136-5.jpg

140-4.jpg

141-6.jpg

So you're seated in a small auditorium, little ones can sit on the carpeting in front of the screen or up in the seats. You're given instructions on no eating, drinking, flash photography or video lighting by the little fishies who act them out.

142-5.jpg

Here's Crush!!

145-4.jpg

146-4.jpg

147-5.jpg

148-5.jpg

149-4.jpg

150-4.jpg

152-5.jpg

He asked a couple kids questions & then he took questions from the audience & I was the first one to go.......I asked him if turtles get married. He said, he has a special turtle in his life.......Shell-ee.....they've been together 150 yrs but it only feels like 75. He asked if I had someone special & I said yes, my husband Mike of 27 yrs. He said I bet it only feels like 5 yrs.....I said, no it feels like 27 yrs........a little more convo on that & I commented after 7 kids, it really did feel like 27 yrs.....he says to me......"You know....you still have to go home with him"........lol It was pretty funny!!!

They were going to go to another question but the screen started shaking....Crush goes....."look at me, I'm doing the cha-cha" & then the lights came up & the screen went dark. They had some technical issues.

153-4.jpg

So I really was the only one that got much time with Crush.....felt a little guilty since the little kids there were so excited to see him.....but it wasn't my fault they had tech issues. I had a blast & know we'll make it a point to take our kids next time!!!

This show also runs every 30 minutes (on the hour & half-hour).

We went to pick up our Visa picture & half of the pictures for this Meet-n-Greet were missing......so we would have to come back later.

We went to pick up our WoC picnics at the Golden Vine Winery. We ordered the honey-stung chicken with coleslaw, potato salad & apple pie. We both got a coke & they put it in a WoC tote bag. You are also handed your FP for the show.

155-5.jpg

156-3.jpg

169-5.jpg

Remember if you are interested in doing the picnics, you HAVE to order them on the Disneyland website 24 hrs to 30 days prior to the day you want them. You can not order them at the counter. They're a pretty good deal.....but will go into details of the taste later in the trip report, as we saved them to eat the next day.

We picked up GRR FP's for later & headed back thru the GCH to our hotel.

157-5.jpg

158-4.jpg

159-5.jpg

160-4.jpg

On the way back to the hotel, we were trying to decide if we wanted to go swimming, or eat the picnics, or do both, or drop off the picnics & go back to DCA & get lunch at the Cove Bar. We chose the last option. So we went back to our room & squeezed our picnics into little fridge & headed back to DCA.

While back at the hotel, we stopped off on the 3rd floor to take some pictures of the pool area.

168-4.jpg

163-5.jpg

164-6.jpg

165-5.jpg

166-6.jpg

They have the big water slide, a toddler pool, the main pool & a hot tub. There looks to be a small snack bar area, but it wasn't open.

Mike took a picture of this by the gates going into the pool area.....I think it's kumquats?

167-2.jpg

A couple more pics of the view from our room.

172-7.jpg

173-6.jpg

We headed back to DCA & went to use our FP's on GRR. I have never been stopped at this entrance.....they actually had the chain across. After about 5 minutes the CM let us pass through.....weird. Had a fun ride & got wet....of course!!! It was mid 80's today....so it was ok!!

Mike wanted to go single rider on it & go again, so I let him & I headed down to see if there was a character out at the airplane by Soarin'. Sure enough.....Aviator Minnie was there!!

174-4.jpg

175-6.jpg

Went back to GRR & was able to spot Mike on a raft & got a pic!

176-6.jpg

It was probably after 2pm at this point, so we headed back over to the bridge into the Pier & stopped to have this pic done.

177-6.jpg

Next stop......the Cove Bar!

So our lunch destination was the Cove Bar on the backside of Ariel's Grotto. We had a wonderful view of the pier area.

178-4.jpg

179-2.jpg

180-6.jpg

181-6.jpg

182-5.jpg

183-7.jpg

This is the menu.......we had heard wonderful things about the Lobster Nachos....so that's what we ordered to share!

184-5.jpg

I went to order a drink & she told me that most people send it back, saying it tastes like cough syrup........so don't ever order this drink!!

186-6.jpg

So I ordered this one instead. It was pretty good.

185-6.jpg

Here's the lobster nachos.........YUMMO!!

187-4.jpg

While we were sitting there enjoying our delicious lunch.....I noticed the little "houses" (not sure what to call them) that sit in the water started to open.

188-4.jpg

189-4.jpg

190-3.jpg

I find things like this fascinating......so we watched as all of them opened up across the water, in preparation for the World of Color show later in the evening.

After enjoying our nachos, we headed back over to pick up our free 5x7 from our Visa Meet-n-Greet. Yay....it was there this time!!

Mike wanted to single rider GRR again, so he did that & I took pics of the waterfalls.

191-3.jpg

192-5.jpg

193-2.jpg

194-5.jpg

195-2.jpg

196-3.jpg

Here's Mike!!

197-4.jpg

We went back to the hotel & changed out of our damp clothes. We did a Skype video call with the kids & relaxed for a bit.

We ended up doing dinner at the PCH Grill......love this restaurant & we didn't have it on our places to eat this trip.....so we changed that & that's why we didn't eat the picnics today!!!

200-4.jpg

205-3.jpg

We took a couple more pics inside the restaurant.

198-4.jpg

199-4.jpg

We started with sharing the Cheddar-Bacon Fries....delicious!

201-4.jpg

We shared the Fish-n-Chips & it was still a lot of food.

202-3.jpg

The portions here are good sized & the food has always been very good. I'm glad we tried this place out a few trips ago.........we did the Lilo-n-Stitch breakfast & looked at the dinner menu & went back later in that trip & ever since.....we've been sold on this place!! I don't care where we're staying....we'll make the walk over to eat a dinner here.

Our waiter wasn't on top of things like they normally are......he didn't even mention our anniversary until we had paid & were getting ready to leave. (it was on the slip they use to seat us & then hand to the wait staff).....so no special dessert. :sad2: Usually the service in here is excellent.....so not sure if he was new.......or because they were preparing for a very large birthday party......but he didn't seem as on top of his game tonight.

Speaking of the birthday party.......there were family members in decorating tables & bring in gifts.....then the restaurant manager wheeled out the cutest cake!!!! It was for a 1st birthday. I asked if it was ok for me to take a picture of the cake..........can you imagine what this puppy set them back?? Now is it just me.....or does all of this seem a bit much for a 1st birthday party that the child will never remember???

204-2.jpg

We went back up to our room to wait until it was time to go over to watch the World of Color. This is our FP for the show.

206-2.jpg

We were to the left of center.......getting pretty close to the stairs that takes you back up to the bridge into the pier......so far left. We got on the railing & waited & waited & waited. They never did announce for everyone to get up, nor did the CM's tell people to stand.....weird.....last summer we had to stand a good 30 minutes before the show even started.

So are you ready for this?..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I DIDN'T TAKE MY CAMERA THIS TIME!!! I actually just watched the entire show......so much to see & when you're always looking thru the camera....you miss out on things. So I found this show to be very enjoyable!!!

After the show, we wandered with the masses back through the Grand & back up to our hotel room. We watched a little tv & then called it a day......a very good day!!

I agree about the 1st birthday party ...I hope the adults had fun LOL!

You wrote a lot of updates today! Where are your kids? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter