Diva & 27th Anniv Trip w/1500+ Pics, Photopass starts #765!!

Is there a pool on the roof of the hotel? Was just watching the 2011 planning DVD and swore that is what they said

I take it Mike really liked the rapids :rotfl:

More great pics.

Animation class looked fun. I think you both did a great job :thumbsup2

I agree about the 1st birthday party ...I hope the adults had fun LOL!

You wrote a lot of updates today! Where are your kids? LOL

It did seem a bit much.....but as you said......the adults probably enjoyed it. The thing that really bugged me about this party was.....when we left at 7:30pm it hadn't even started yet.......shouldn't a 1 yr old be getting ready for bed about that time of night?? It was still going when we came back by after the WoC. I don't think I'd plan a child's birthday party for late evening.

I have my laptop on my lap, and the twins traded off on who was crawling on me......makes for fun posting!! The other 2 are running all over the house like monkeys.....but that's pretty much normal every day living here at the zoo!!

Is there a pool on the roof of the hotel? Was just watching the 2011 planning DVD and swore that is what they said

I take it Mike really liked the rapids :rotfl:

More great pics.

Animation class looked fun. I think you both did a great job :thumbsup2

Yes the pool is on a roof top......of the parking garage. You take the elevator to the 3rd floor, get off & exit to your right.....you walk across & go up a few stairs to the pool area. You don't realize that you've changed buildings.....but you have!

We both love the rapids.....I just hate walking around wet!!! Otherwise I would have joined him for a few more rides.

Thank You!!

The animation class was fun & it's amazing how making a shape can turn into something else. I think Mike did great & I was pleased with mine as well!!

Well here we go.......Last Day!! Hard to believe we're already at that point!! So this is Day 8 for me, Day 4 for Mike, March 10.

Today we set an alarm so we could have everything packed & ready to go & so we could take advantage of the Magic Morning at 8am. We got to the gates about 7:40. We were probably about 30 people back.....so not too bad. I took advantage of not having anyone in front of the floral Mickey, so I took these thru the gates.

001-11.jpg

002-5.jpg

When the gates were opened, we headed to the Tomorrowland side of the Matterhorn to see if it was open. There wasn't anyone in line & a few workers washing some of the vehicles. We went up & asked the CM standing there if it was open & it was!!!! We walked right on!! Neither Mike or I had ever rode this from the Tomorrowland side & it was way more fun!!!

003-7.jpg

We got off the ride & went right back to entrance & rode it a second time with no wait.

We next rode Alice in Wonderland so Mike could see the flooring that was put in on the outside track.

We stopped to do a teacup photo.......ok Mike had me pose in the teacup.

004-8.jpg

Next ride was Mr Toad's Wild Ride. I always take someone's photo with the toad.....but this time I got the picture taken of me!!

005-9.jpg

006-8.jpg

I had Mike pose with the Sword & the Stone.......so strong....just not strong enough to pull the sword out!!

008-10.jpg

We rode King Arthur's Carousel, Snow White's Scary Adventure & Pinocchio's Daring Adventure. Mike snapped this photo of the castle on the Storybookland Canal Boats ride while passing by.

009-9.jpg

Another Popcorn Cart..........

010-9.jpg

We took a couple pics of the Matterhorn as we headed to Small World.

011-9.jpg

012-9.jpg

We walked onto It's a Small World.......it was 9am......so we got to do a lot of rides in that one hour!!

We started off in our boat, looking at the "animals" shaped from shrubery. We noticed that the stag's leg was kinda bare.....so we snapped a quick photo on our way by.

013-9.jpg

We headed toward the BTMRR area. Mike took a picture of the old tunnel/cave & some reflective water pics.

014-7.jpg

015-7.jpg

016-8.jpg

017-8.jpg

We rode BTMRR & then headed back to Fantasyland to see what time the Tangled Meet-n-Greet would start. I got Addy her dress during my shopping spree at the Company D store, so was hoping to get a picture of her. Unfortunately, everytime I walked by it....the wait time was 90 mins. So we were hoping for a 10am opening to get in line when it first opened.....it wasn't open until 11am.....so I gave up on trying to do this.

We went up to the Photo Supply shop to combine our 2 photopass cards onto one. The CM noticed we were missing Tink on one of our "magic shots", so she had to call back east to have it put back in. She had to call twice & it finally did show up.

We made a stop at the Candy Palace to pick up goodies to take home. We got a couple Rice Krispy Bricks, 2 Smores, 2 Peanut Butter Cups & 2 packages of Peanut Clusters. (we had seen them making the peanut clusters the day before......so we had to bring some home!!! One milk chocolate & the other dark chocolate). While I was in line, Mike took a few pictures in the Candy Palace, Penny Arcade & the Gibson Girl.

018-6.jpg

019-6.jpg

020-5.jpg

We headed out of the park & went back to the hotel to check-out & have our luggage stored until later in the day.

We went back up to our room & waited for Bell Services to come up & get our bags. They'll store them until our shuttle arrives later in the day. Here's our key cards.....I took a picture of them.....but we got to keep them!!

021-6.jpg

We grabbed our WoC picnics & went down to the Surfside Lounge to eat them. We had the honey-stung chicken. It's a good thing they told us it was chicken because it was so small & very little meat. It was definitely sweet enough. It also came with potato salad & coleslaw. I didn't enjoy either of them. For dessert you have a small slice of apple pie. The apples tasted very good but I didn't care for the pastry around it. So is the $15 worth it for these picnics???? Sure, it's nice not to have to run to get a FP or stand in a long line to get one. If you can't afford or don't have an interest in doing the dining package, this is a nice alternative. Will I do the picnics again?? Only if we can't do the Ariel's Dining package.

023-5.jpg

We left the PPH through the back & Mike ran over to take pictures of stuff at the Disneyland Hotel (I held down some cement.....lol) I had never seen the smaller gazebo before!!

024-6.jpg

I had seen this one!

025-7.jpg

A couple pictures of upcoming plans at the DLH:

026-7.jpg

027-6.jpg

So at the fence, there was a peephole, so Mike got some pics of the construction going on.

028-7.jpg

029-7.jpg

030-7.jpg

We headed into DTD to ride the Monorail.....there actually was quite a line which surprised us. We eventually got on & I took these pics on our trip.

031-7.jpg

032-7.jpg

033-7.jpg

034-6.jpg

035-7.jpg

036-7.jpg

037-5.jpg

038-8.jpg

039-8.jpg

040-7.jpg

041-7.jpg

042-8.jpg

We got back to DL at 11:30. We get off the monorail & head to the train in Tomorrowland. We ride the train over to New Orlean's Square.

You got a lot done before 9am

what are they going to be doing at DLH?

You got a lot done before 9am

what are they going to be doing at DLH?

They've been redoing all 3 towers......new windows (blue tinted), redoing the all the rooms, etc.

They also are totally redoing the grounds & pool. The picture is of what the pool will look like when they're done......I'm gonna miss the pirate boat & croc being there. They tore out the waterfalls......which I'm just heartbroken over!!! I loved walking the grounds, because it was different.....I'm not sure what other changes they're doing but I know the rooms now are darker now......I kinda liked the "retro" thing they had going.....so I'm not sure I'll be staying there. I've seen some pics of the new rooms.....the new backboards are cool.....but the rooms look like any other "nice" hotel room.

They've been redoing all 3 towers......new windows (blue tinted), redoing the all the rooms, etc.

They also are totally redoing the grounds & pool. The picture is of what the pool will look like when they're done......I'm gonna miss the pirate boat & croc being there. They tore out the waterfalls......which I'm just heartbroken over!!! I loved walking the grounds, because it was different.....I'm not sure what other changes they're doing but I know the rooms now are darker now......I kinda liked the "retro" thing they had going.....so I'm not sure I'll be staying there. I've seen some pics of the new rooms.....the new backboards are cool.....but the rooms look like any other "nice" hotel room.

aww...liked the waterfalls in pics...that stinks

be curious to see what they look when done :goodvibes

There were fences everywhere when I was there in February, I was so curious to see it all.

There were fences everywhere when I was there in February, I was so curious to see it all.

I'll miss the waterfalls....it was so beautiful & serene back there. I'll be curious to see it when it's done as well.....but enjoyed that the DLH was "old school" & now they're modernizing it......doesn't make it as special in my book.

Loved all the lastest updates but am sad your report is almost over. Esp now that I have no trip in my immediate future to look forward to because I have been living through yours LOL. I really love your reports as they are so fun and detailed and you take so many great pics that most people would probably never even think to take and it makes it really fun because you see so many things you probably wouldn't even notice otherwise!!

I agree about the DLH too! I really loved it and although we preferred the actual rooms at PPH for size alone after staying at DLH the last time I did like the themeing at DLH and LOVED their pool and restaurants and such. I don't know that I am going to like the new stuff that they do to it but I am DEF anxious to see how it is going to look when it is all done.

I am going to miss Hook's for sure and not sure how this new restaurant is going to compare!

DLH was always one of the places we used to venture over to and look at all the shops and I just hope that it isn't totally changed!

Loved all the lastest updates but am sad your report is almost over. Esp now that I have no trip in my immediate future to look forward to because I have been living through yours LOL. I really love your reports as they are so fun and detailed and you take so many great pics that most people would probably never even think to take and it makes it really fun because you see so many things you probably wouldn't even notice otherwise!!

I agree about the DLH too! I really loved it and although we preferred the actual rooms at PPH for size alone after staying at DLH the last time I did like the themeing at DLH and LOVED their pool and restaurants and such. I don't know that I am going to like the new stuff that they do to it but I am DEF anxious to see how it is going to look when it is all done.

I am going to miss Hook's for sure and not sure how this new restaurant is going to compare!

DLH was always one of the places we used to venture over to and look at all the shops and I just hope that it isn't totally changed!

I love doing the TR's.......it lets my actual trip continue a bit longer.....so I'm also sad when they're over!!

DLH really is changing....not just little things but a complete overhaul. So with you, curious to see the changes when done......but sorry to see so many of the things I loved about it being replaced. Will have to just wait this out to see if we love the new things too.

Still think if we get the chance to stay on-site we'll go with the PPH......just loved how bright & cheery it was........the staff there also goes that extra mile to make you feel very special!!

When we got off the train in NOS, we were on a mission to get a funnel cake & watch the Billy Hill & the Hillbillies show inside the Golden Horseshoe. There was a small line at the Stage Door Cafe, so Mike went to get the funnel cake & I went into the Golden Horseshoe to find us a table. It was pretty busy in there with it being lunchtime.....but I did find a table about 2/3 of the way back on the right side. Here's a few pics I took prior to the show starting.

043-7.jpg

044-6.jpg

045-7.jpg

046-5.jpg

Mike got back with our funnel cake right before the show started.

047-5.jpg

Here's..........Billy!!!

048-7.jpg

049-6.jpg

050-7.jpg

051-6.jpg

052-7.jpg

053-7.jpg

054-6.jpg

055-7.jpg

056-6.jpg

058-7.jpg

059-6.jpg

060-7.jpg

061-7.jpg

062-7.jpg

063-6.jpg

064-7.jpg

065-7.jpg

066-6.jpg

More Billy to come............

Ok, let's finish up our time with Billy!!

091-6.jpg

092-6.jpg

093-5.jpg

094-5.jpg

095-7.jpg

096-7.jpg

097-6.jpg

098-6.jpg

099-6.jpg

100-5.jpg

101-7.jpg

102-5.jpg

103-6.jpg

I took a lot of the pictures from the end of the snack bar, close to the stage to get some closer shots. At one point Billy said something to me.....but I was so smitten, I don't remember what it was......lol

After the show we headed towards the Rivers of America & noticed the Columbia Sailing Ship was now in dry dock.

104-6.jpg

105-4.jpg

106-6.jpg

107-6.jpg

Critter Country re-opened today, so we headed up to see what we could see.

Splash Mountain under refurbishment:

108-6.jpg

Up in Critter Country, we decided to get in line for the Meet-n-Greet. These are a few of pictures while we waited.

109-6.jpg

113-6.jpg

114-7.jpg

115-8.jpg

116-7.jpg

Pooh & Tigger were at the Meet-n-Greet.

110-6.jpg

111-6.jpg

112-6.jpg

Both characters went to have some honey & a drink, so we waited less than 5 minutes & when they came back out......they brought Eeyore with them!!

Here we are with Pooh Bear!!

117-7.jpg

Here I am with Eeyore & then Mike with Eeyore!

118-6.jpg

119-7.jpg

And here we are with Tigger!!

120-6.jpg

We went inside Pooh's Corner shop & took some pics of the sweet treats!!

121-7.jpg

122-6.jpg

123-6.jpg

124-6.jpg

125-6.jpg

126-6.jpg

127-6.jpg

128-5.jpg

129-6.jpg

We took a ride on the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh......I love this ride, it's so bright & colorful!

We took a couple pics of the Splash Mtn refurb signs.

130-7.jpg

131-6.jpg

We were really disappointed the Hungry Bear Restaurant was still closed.....I thought I had read that it would reopen today as well........super disappointed when I got home & realized they had an all new menu!!!

132-6.jpg

Hillybilly showed looked like it was a lot fun. :rotfl:

Those sweets in Pooh shops looked so good. Mickey and Minnie apples were so stinking cute

Oh, and I Noticed your shirt in one of these pics. That is such a cute top :cutie:

We stopped back by the Columbia, because Mike had mentioned there was a goldfish in the dry dock area. Well we also spotted a crawdad!!

135-6.jpg

133-6.jpg

134-6.jpg

I've heard of stories of the CM's bringing things & putting them in the water (bowling balls, computer towers, etc.) but fish & crawdads??

We went to ride POTC one last time......I took one picture of Captain Jack Sparrow at the end of the ride.

136-6.jpg

When we got off, we headed to Big Thunder Mtn Railroad to take our last ride. So for those of you looking for a fun challenge on this ride.....do it with no hands, & when you see the goat......keep your eye on it until you can't see it anymore!!! You get all spun around & slide all over the seat......so much fun!!!

We walked thru Fantasyland & thru the castle (all of this stuff being tradition for us as we leave the park for the last time).

We stopped at Coke Corner to get a Cherry-Coke. One last stop......it was on the "have to try" list.......Gibson Girl Ice Cream!!!

145-5.jpg

Here's the choices for sundaes & ice cream treats:

146-5.jpg

This is the one we decided to try!

140-5.jpg

Here are some pictures from around the shop as we waited in line.

138-5.jpg

144-4.jpg

147-6.jpg

139-6.jpg

142-6.jpg

143-4.jpg

151-5.jpg

152-6.jpg

153-5.jpg

148-6.jpg

150-5.jpg

155-6.jpg

149-5.jpg

154-4.jpg

Here's our sundae......delicious!!!

156-4.jpg

Hillybilly showed looked like it was a lot fun. :rotfl:

Those sweets in Pooh shops looked so good. Mickey and Minnie apples were so stinking cute

Oh, and I Noticed your shirt in one of these pics. That is such a cute top :cutie:

The Billy show is super funny.....I wish the shows were a little longer....but you can go back during your trip & see new stuff....sometimes its a repeat, but usually each show will have something different!!

We were good......we took pics but didn't taste.........darn it!

Thank you....if you're talking about the blue shirt.....this was an AP shirt for the WoC show......I love it!

After finishing up our yummy ice cream, we headed back onto Main Street & look who was in front of us!! The Dapper Dans!!

158-5.jpg

I was happy to see them off the bicycle, so we waited to see if they were going to perform......snapping photos as we followed!!

159-6.jpg

160-5.jpg

They pulled me up for a photo!!

161-4.jpg

And then they started to sing to me! :cloud9: They sang Sweet Adelaide to me. When they were done, they said "your name is Adelaide right?".....I said "it is now!!" lol

162-5.jpg

163-6.jpg

As we moved on, I took one last photo of the Dapper Dans!!

164-7.jpg

We stopped near the flag pole just to people watch for a few minutes before we had to head back over the PPH to catch our shuttle.

Pinocchio & Geppeto were out together.....we didn't get in line, but we did take a photo of them.

165-6.jpg

We said goodbye to Disneyland & made our way back to the Paradise Pier Hotel. We got our bags & headed to the Valet area to wait for our shuttle. Our Super Shuttle was supposed to be there between 4:05 & 4:20.....it was 3:45. Next thing we knew the shuttle driver comes up to ask if we are the Eck party & we said yes......he was already there waiting for us. He was sooooooo early!!

We loaded up our luggage & jumped on to our shuttle & said our goodbyes to Anaheim. :sad1:

We arrived at the airport with our boarding passes but still needed to do our checked luggage. We got it all checked & then sat on a very hard, cold steel bench for the next hour. We didn't want to go thru security quite yet, so we stayed on the "open" area until around 5pm.

We headed to security with our carry-on & the Duffy bears caused a HUGE problem.......lol. It was the only thing in our little suitcase. They scanned it, & scanned it, & scanned it......... they said there was something blocking their ability to see into the suitcase. I told them, "no, I think you're seeing the bottom of the suitcase or your conveyor belt.....the only thing in there are 4 stuffed bears" It really was quite comical. Mike's carry on did have to be looked thru, since they saw potentially sharp objects. Well I guess there technically was.......we took off our Anniversary buttons & our lanyards & put them in his carry-on, not thinking about the "sharp" tips could be an issue. Well it was all good......but I was thinking the next thing they were going to do was pat us down......but thankfully, that didn't happen.

We got to our gate & waited for our plane.

166-7.jpg

167-3.jpg

We loaded the plane & actually took off a few minutes early!! This is from the plane as we flew over Portland before landing.

168-5.jpg

169-6.jpg

We landed about 15-20 minutes early!! Woo Hoo!! We landed & we sent a text to Nick who was picking us up to give us 30 minutes & then pick us up.

We dropped Nick off at home & thanked him for stepping into a hard role of parenting the 4 kids. We headed home to Salem. We were home just before 11pm. Just in time to catch the news of the huge earthquake hitting Japan. After such a wonderful trip, this was so sad to hear.....we were definitely back to reality.

So this ends the trip report for now. I will have Photopass pictures to add after I receive my CD. Hope you'll stick around to see them when I get them!!

Thanx for sharing my trip with me!!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter