Divas, Zebra Domes, and Pixie Dust! A Week in an African Paradise! New TR Link Pg.145

Chelsea's ceramic art piece is lovely. :goodvibes Sounds like a fun thing to do.

The flatbread sounds delicious! We had some tasty flatbread pizza on our last day. :thumbsup2

Chelsea did a great job with her box. She is so "crafty!!" :rotfl:
Thanks for the great pictures of "home." Both of our trips are coming up soon!
The Mara does have great food! Yum!
Oh no!!! Another Charles disappearing act? Was he off somewhere in Epcot playing Kim Possible? :lmao:

Tracy

How cool is that ceramics activity! She did a great job, a very cool souvenier.

My reaction is the same as everyone "WHAT?!" Update soon please. :)

I'd like to make a couple of guesses:

1) Hey...let's eat at that Brown Derby place; or
2) ADRs? We don't need no stinkin' ADRs! Let's get the Quick Service Plan!

all caught up.

great tr and pics.

It is making me excited for my stay at AKL.

Hey CP:

How was the first day of school?

(and what DID Charles say about the October ADR's....I must know :lmao:)

Can't wait to see! I see why so many people return to AKL.

I think it is my cure for resortitis!

Love Chelseas box!! When we stayed at SSR last Sept., Connor was barely 3. They had an activity where kids could paint a little wooden car for $1.00. I think it was supposed to be kids 6-12 or some such. Well Connor HAD to paint a car. He was very good about it, said "please", hung his head, a big tear dropped onto his face, when I told him he could do it when baby brother turned 3. The CM said, "Connor, come sit down and you can paint a car right now"!! I love disney magic!!:goodvibes All it took was a couple of swipes of blue, one of red andd he was a VERY happy camper!!

Looking forward to your dinner review!

Your story about Connor is exactly why I love Disney -- the CMs are always so willing to help make a child happy! :goodvibes

Aww Chelsea's box is so cute!!!! She did a great job.

Thank you! Chelsea is very proud of it!

Chelsea's box is so cute-what a great memory...

(Emily has finished your trip report-she obviously enjoyed it and went back to your pre-trip report-and told me I have to read it...:lmao: (I believe in starting them Dising young...)

That's not a bad idea -- I should go check out the Teen Board and see if I think Chelsea should join the DIS -- she does love to write! :rolleyes:

Waiting patiently to hear about the Brown Derby...:rolleyes1

I am updating this weekend (hopefully tomorrow night)...I am going through writing withdrawals!

I was just there Sunday evening. I talked to Jason out on the savannah for a while, because no on else was around. Did you meet him?

I'm going to try to get caught up on report reading today. I know I have missed so much between camp and WDW!

Awww, I am so glad that one of us was at AKL on Sunday -- we never met Jason, but we did make some friends while we at AKL and even got our picture with them -- I can't wait to get to that part of the TR.

It sounds like you all had a great day, Jackie! We went to the Mara on Sunday and it was good. My mom and I shared the falafel pita and vegetable flatbread, my brother got the turkey ciabatta and my dad got the chicken fingers and it was all delicious! We got some Zebra Domes too and I can't wait to go back to get some more. I'm glad you all liked it too! The painting activity also sounds like a lot of fun.

Looking forward to more!

Hi, Mel! I was thinking of you on Friday (when I went back to work and you left for your trip) and knew you must be having a blast! The Mara's food was just so incredibly good for a counter service, and anyplace that has an entire refrigerator section of zebra domes gets stars in my book! :laughing:

Phew..

Finally caught up.

Love the painted box Chelsea made. My DD was looking over my shoulder at it. She's adding painting at AKL to her ever growing list of things to do.

I think Epcot causes everyone to break down at some point. I don't know why but it seems everyone has a story to tell about breaking down at Epcot.

The ceramics activity was a lot of fun!

Yes, I am amazed at how many others meltdown at Epcot -- I am glad I am not the only one!

Just found this trip report. Looks like a blast, I adore the zebra domes too and just looking at them makes me drool. I'm pretty sure everyone in my family has had at least one breakdown in EPCOT though, I think it's just all the heat and walking, almost as bad as Animal Kingdom. Can't wait to hear more though!

:welcome: Luckily, we have yet to have a meltdown at Animal Kingdom (unless I have blocked it from my memory which is certainly a possibility), but the other three parks have witnessed at least one family member misbehaving! :laughing:

:lmao: I think Henry would enjoy cookie decorating....and eating all the frosting! :goodvibes I think we might have to do that....

1:00 every day at Boma! :thumbsup2

:headache: on no Brown Derby! Well, in one way....you have a VERY good reason to go back next year, right? Squeeze in a little side-trip...;)

I like the way you think, Brook! ;)

I didn't know they had ceramics at AK Lodge. So cool! My DD-12 would love that!

Great update! Can't wait for more!

Congrats on your adults only trip!!!!

Thank you! Yes, I think the ceramics activity is perfect for older kids!

Chelsea's ceramic art piece is lovely. :goodvibes Sounds like a fun thing to do.

The flatbread sounds delicious! We had some tasty flatbread pizza on our last day. :thumbsup2

It was very fun! Chelsea is always feeling crafty it seems!

Where did you find your tasty flatbread?

Chelsea did a great job with her box. She is so "crafty!!" :rotfl:

Chelsea has always loved creating things. She used to do a pottery camp every summer where they would make the pottery pieces and then decorate them.

Thanks for the great pictures of "home." Both of our trips are coming up soon!
The Mara does have great food! Yum!

Everytime I look at pictures from AKL, I absolutely ache to go back as soon as possible!

Oh no!!! Another Charles disappearing act? Was he off somewhere in Epcot playing Kim Possible? :lmao:

Tracy

:lmao: No, but KP and Charles were certainly both aggravating at times on this trip! :rolleyes1

How cool is that ceramics activity! She did a great job, a very cool souvenier.

My reaction is the same as everyone "WHAT?!" Update soon please. :)

Thank you! I thought it made a neat souvenir, too!

I am updating this weekend no matter what -- it's my first priority. :laughing:

What did he say????????? :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Just one of those silly, he-should-know-better kind of comments. ;)

I'd like to make a couple of guesses:

1) Hey...let's eat at that Brown Derby place; or
2) ADRs? We don't need no stinkin' ADRs! Let's get the Quick Service Plan!

Jill, you are good (number one was what he said)!

Great update. :thumbsup2

I love Chelsea's little box. It's really pretty!

Uh, oh...is Charles skipping supper, now?

Thank you! Yes, but I will tell you it was the last time he made that mistake!

all caught up.

great tr and pics.

It is making me excited for my stay at AKL.

Hi, Scott! Thank you -- wait until you see some of the later pictures I took at AKL -- then you will be really, really excited!

Hey CP:

How was the first day of school?

(and what DID Charles say about the October ADR's....I must know :lmao:)

We sailed right through the first day of school! It was great! Thanks for asking! Now we just have 176 more school days until next summer! :laughing:

Charles thought maybe we should do Brown Derby again since those of us that ate there raved about it -- I pointed out that we were not going to DHS on this trip so he was out of luck! LOL!

How are you and your kids surviving the beginning of another school year?

We survived -- I think we are all exhausted though! I can tell I will be in bed very soon! You are so close to your trip, Jen!!! Are you packed yet?

Hi, everyone!!! Today was the first day of school for students, so as you can imagine, the last few days have been a whirlwind of activity. Tuesday was Connor's open house, and last night was mine and Chelsea's open house. At this point, I am wiped out and can't wait for the weekend.

I do promise to update this weekend with our Brown Derby meal and the rest of the night at Disney Hollywood Studios.

In the meantime, have you seen the trailer for the new Disney film The Princess and the Frog? I am so excited about it, I could just burst! A princess, New Orleans, a witch doctor...really and truly its premiere cannot come soon enough.

If you haven't seen the trailer yet, here is a link. It just looks absolutely darling!

The Princess and the Frog

That new movie looks adorable! I can't wait for it to come out!

I hope the 1st day of school went great for EVERYONE! :goodvibes

PS; I noticed the Vera Hipster in all of your pictures. How do you like it? I was thinking about getting a Hipster, plus a mini-hipster. What do you think?

ah drat, I'm all caught up! LOL. Loving the report! I can't wait to read more.

Oh, and I didn't read all of the comments, but a brown peacock is a girl peacock- or a peahen. I don't know if someone else noted that, but there you go. LOL.

Hi, everyone!!! Today was the first day of school for students, so as you can imagine, the last few days have been a whirlwind of activity. Tuesday was Connor's open house, and last night was mine and Chelsea's open house. At this point, I am wiped out and can't wait for the weekend.

I do promise to update this weekend with our Brown Derby meal and the rest of the night at Disney Hollywood Studios.

In the meantime, have you seen the trailer for the new Disney film The Princess and the Frog? I am so excited about it, I could just burst! A princess, New Orleans, a witch doctor...really and truly its premiere cannot come soon enough.

If you haven't seen the trailer yet, here is a link. It just looks absolutely darling!

The Princess and the Frog

I totally know how you feel. Your Friday night crash night will be feeling gooood!!!

I'm with you on the new movie. It's nice to see a good old 'cartoon' movie after so long. I love the Pixar ones, of course, and I'm super-excited about Toy Story 3 coming out in June, but I'm also old school, so the trailer made me smile! We saw a poster for Cars 2 while we were in WDW, too.

Have a good Friday, and an even better Frinight! :)
Wonder how late you'll sleep in the morning? Maybe all the way until 6:30 or so? :laughing: I wish my body knew how to sleep late when given the opportunity, but it doesn't know how to do that at all!

Charles thought maybe we should do Brown Derby again since those of us that ate there raved about it -- I pointed out that we were not going to DHS on this trip so he was out of luck! LOL!

Oh, Charles. :sad2: Silly, silly, man.

I've never checked out the teen boards but maybe getting Chelsea into DISing is the answer to her wanting to start blogging? It's kinda like that. :confused3 It would be fun to hear her point on view on your trips!

Man, I still can't believe school has already started for you guys!

Those first few weeks are so hard, getting back into the routine, meeting the kids, all the other behind the scenes work.

Update when you can. :goodvibes:

Glad to hear your first day of school went well! Schools around here don't start until after Labor Day....but I'm guessing you get out quite a bit earlier than students here who have to wait until early June.

I hope your Friday goes well, and I look forward to the update!

I think that the Princess and the Frog has lots of potential and I'm looking forward to seeing it...

hmm...

speaking of the south and since I'm feeling to lazy to pm you-I have a ?-since you are the "Charleston Princess" and I'm trying to convince DH to change a anniversary get away weekend in October to either Charleston or Savannah-I'd just have to figure out drive time unless we could get really cheap air out of Philadelphia...

have you been to both/either and which do you think would make a nice weekend...

We have to go to New Orleans sometime where the Princess and Frog takes place-see I brought it back around to topic....

Ummm....Congrats on starting a new school year...:goodvibes

...We haven't even had our vaca yet... but soon....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter