DL Dining

Funbobbi

Mouseketeer
There are so many restaurants to choose from, I need help? Looking for something for dinners that are a reasonable price. We are from Canada and don't want to spend the $20 to $30/each American on a meal especially since there are five people going. Any suggestions? Also, do many of the restaurants take reservations?

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005

Denny's across from the park was pretty good and cheap. $40 fed my family of four. In park, now, that's a bit more difficult.

If you have a car there was a Sizzler about 5 minutes away. We went once and had the buffet which had a bit of everything under the sun such as spaghetti and assorted Italian type foods, a huge salad bar with lots of fresh fruit, chicken nuggets and kid type foods and a lot of mexican type dishes, they even had a taco bar where you build your own taco. I think the cost was about $7.99 each. I saw several families with hungry teenagers make good use of the all you can eat aspect LOL The restaurant itself was nothing fancy a bit older but it was clean.
Evidently there is an In and Out Burger somewhere near DL, we never found it, but I always wanted to try it because I have heard the US people make good comments about it and we don't have one in Canada.
We found coming from Canada that we were not used to the heat in California and were not really hungry as much as thirsty all the time also the portions we found were quite large, if you have light eaters in your group you could easily split an entre at any of the restaurants and still go away satisfied.
The first night we were there we went to the Rain Forrest and we were not really hungry so we each ordered an appetizer instead of a main dish. We ended up with 3 huge platters of food which we weren't able to make a dent in and that pretty much set the tone for our entire holiday, everywhere we went the meals were big. The chocolate cake at the Golden Horseshoe kept my dd busy snacking for the entire week when she asked for a doggy bag and brought it home to the hotel fridge LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter