DLRP Pin Thread

I was just looking at the Disneyland Park map and there are 3 shops or points where you can pin trade.

You can trade anywhere. The points on the map with the pin trading logo are just the places where the pin carts are or where shops are that sell pins.

CM's can not refuse a trade as long as your pin has the official pin trading logo on the back. Stick to those pins and you will be fine.

Oh and at DLRP I found that CM's in the parks didn't tend to wear the lanyards (except for some CM's in the shops.) I did most of my pin trading in the shops in Disney Village or with the CM's in the hotel shops.

You can trade anywhere. The points on the map with the pin trading logo are just the places where the pin carts are or where shops are that sell pins.

CM's can not refuse a trade as long as your pin has the official pin trading logo on the back. Stick to those pins and you will be fine.

Oh and at DLRP I found that CM's in the parks didn't tend to wear the lanyards (except for some CM's in the shops.) I did most of my pin trading in the shops in Disney Village or with the CM's in the hotel shops.

I noticed that aswell that not many CM's in the park had lanyards on, well i dont think i saw any lol. Which is a shame.

Look what my boss brought back for me, released 20/08/09

10976143.jpg

I jokingly mentioned that if he was visiting the Disney parks on his recent Florida hol, I would be expecting a Maleficent pin and he bought me 1, how sweet is that, just been talking to his daughter who said he had the whole family looking. :goodvibes
The pic doesn't do it justice, but it's like half a snow globe with coloured confetti in it.

i love it, thats a great pin. i think i am gonna get ash some pins in november. she thinks they are great. i cant make up my mind whether to buy her a lanyard off ebay or wait till we get there.

Great pin - this thread brings back memories. I've not looked at pins since Lucas has been born, which is a good thing as eBay would suck all my money away!

When we go next year I will no doubt buy a couple. I feel like getting my pin case (the one you can buy in DLRP that looks like a laptop bag) out and looking at my pins later.

I've seen they have started to sell and do pin trading in Disney Stores but I haven't been impressed with the pins on offer - very ordinary and quite expensive too!

Wow, there are some really great collections on here!! :thumbsup2

So far I have a grand total of...zero :rotfl: But I'm going to bid on a couple that I like on Ebay (as I've just sold a few bits, so have a couple of ££ in my Paypal account) and also try and get a few to trade when we get to DLRP in March.

Not sure whether the rest of the family will want to get involved or not, but I'd like to try and build a collection up - especially pins relating to our trip. Doubt I'll ever rival some of the collections on here though - they really are :eek:

was just pipped at the post to a Marie pin on ebay :sad2:

it was to be my first! theres loads on ebay though so i'll just have to keep looking.

ariel pins seem very sought after too

As we're heading towards Christmas, I've decided to try and start my collection off with Christmas themed pins and to that end have just bid on a few (well, 5!:rolleyes1) on Ebay.

My additions from my recent trip :)
Villains Christmas Event Jumbo pin Green Card LE900
pin74934

and
Maleficent Spinner
pin73682

Did you go to the vent Jill or where the pins on sale in the park?

I searched everywhere for the event pin, the rest of the series were on sale in most shops, but not the Maleficent one. Then a lady in the studios gave me the name of a cast member who worked in Harringtons who she said was really into pin trading if it was available anywhere he'd know, but she thought my best bet was Ebay.
Then a little later when we were waiting for my sister to come off ToT I spotted it in a case on the counter of the ToT shop :-)

I can see from you sig, that you were at the event. :-)

great pins jill. i am going to try my hand at pin trading next trip. ash picked a princess starter lanyard and an extra snow white pin in november. so i will start by trading the extras on that.

It was an odd event, the weather was awful and loads of people were worried how to get home. Also the tills didn't work until after 2pm. They aparently had a problem with tills throughout the park until then. I have a couple of photos taken with the characters at the event I will try to scan in and upload soon.

Hi, Some help is needed. My 6 yr old started collecting pins on our trip last March, we are off again this March & I was wondering if it's just the DLRP pins that can be traded while we are there, as I have seen loads on Ebay that don't seem to be DLRP but seem to be official Disney pins.

Thanks

As long as they are official disney pins with the pin trading logo on the back you are good to go.

Hi, Some help is needed. My 6 yr old started collecting pins on our trip last March, we are off again this March & I was wondering if it's just the DLRP pins that can be traded while we are there, as I have seen loads on Ebay that don't seem to be DLRP but seem to be official Disney pins.

Thanks
Be careful as there are a lot of pins around cheap that are old eurodisney pins which will not be accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter