Do EMM generally sell out in advance?

It depends. They have definitely sold out, sometimes well in advance. But some have a handful of tickets available the day of. Keep in mind, it's limited to 200 or so people, so it's very limited to begin with. I've been to 3 now and all were awesome, I highly recommend it.

I considered moving things around to include EMM on an upcoming August trip and I checked to see how many spots were left, there were 11 for August 27th... you can check the spots by checking for reservations for 49 people, then 25, etc etc. To give you an idea of how much time you have to make your decision...

But I highly recommend EMM. EMM is #2 on my personal list of best additional cost events (After Hours is #1).

14 is the most you can book before needing a group reservation, so you won't be able to check if there are more spots than that

14 is the most you can book before needing a group reservation, so you won't be able to check if there are more spots than that

Ah, thanks for clarification. I wonder why they let you choose up to 49 online. It explains why none had more than 14 open spots...

I just booked this yesterday with a giftcard, I called the number listed on the website, and not sure if I pushed the wrong button or what but they had to transfer me twice. Pretty sure I should have called the Dining line. It seemed like I was on hold FOREVER but superexcited to attend this event on Sep 24th!

I called yesterday evening. FYI - I agree that I think the right prompt is dining. I tried other reservations and that was wrong & the cast member had no idea what I was looking for.

I was able to use a GC when I got connected to the right person. Will be there on my 40th birthday - very excited.

we're staying at the Poly Villas, so we won't have to leave THAT early to get to the MK by 7:30.

Just FYI- we went in June. They let everyone in at 7:45, and the entire front gate area was packed. They did not distinguish between guests with EMM or ADRs from those waiting for rope drop that morning once you went through the tap stile (which was set aside for ADRs and EMM). If you're at the back end of that group, you will definitely end up losing 15-25 minutes of your EMM. We were at the front of the group and we still didn't get on to Pooh until a minute or two before 8. I highly recommend planning on being there before 7:30.

I just booked this yesterday with a giftcard, I called the number listed on the website, and not sure if I pushed the wrong button or what but they had to transfer me twice. Pretty sure I should have called the Dining line. It seemed like I was on hold FOREVER but superexcited to attend this event on Sep 24th!

Sept 24th is the date I'm shooting for! :-)

Excellent advice. I would have said something very similar. It is also my second favorite upcharge event, second only to After Hours. :-)

OP, I've been to two... one July 2016 that wasn't sold out, one November 2016 that DID sell out. I made those reservations around 30-45 days out and I'm pretty sure I was among the last to book as it showed no availability shortly after that. I just booked this week for one coming up on 9/3, which was around 45 days out at the time I booked.

If you do wait to book, I'd keep your expectations in check just in case it does sell out - because it definitely could.

Hope it works out for you.

My husband and I & our 2 oldest boys will be there on 9/3 as well :)

Okay, this thread tempted me... I was checking 8/27 and there were only 5 spots last night. I couldn't resist and signed up. One spot remains for 8/27... This is our 4th EMM, clearly we like it. =)

Now I need to figure out the best way to get from MK to AK by 10:45am (when our FOP expire). Either express bus or minnie vans...

Okay, this thread tempted me... I was checking 8/27 and there were only 5 spots last night. I couldn't resist and signed up. One spot remains for 8/27... This is our 4th EMM, clearly we like it. =)

Now I need to figure out the best way to get from MK to AK by 10:45am (when our FOP expire). Either express bus or minnie vans...

:rotfl: Good choice! 9/3 will be my third. I guess we are all nuts!

Sounds like an excellent time for the Express Bus to me!

Have fun!

Just FYI- we went in June. They let everyone in at 7:45, and the entire front gate area was packed. They did not distinguish between guests with EMM or ADRs from those waiting for rope drop that morning once you went through the tap stile (which was set aside for ADRs and EMM). If you're at the back end of that group, you will definitely end up losing 15-25 minutes of your EMM. We were at the front of the group and we still didn't get on to Pooh until a minute or two before 8. I highly recommend planning on being there before 7:30.

Thanks for the info, this is great info. Guess we'll have an even earlier morning!

Thanks! I'm wondering what the best way to get to EMM from the Poly will be. I will look at the monorail schedule. I wonder if it ever starts running by 7:00? I imagine getting on the monorail by 7:00 would get me in in plenty of time.

Thanks! I'm wondering what the best way to get to EMM from the Poly will be. I will look at the monorail schedule. I wonder if it ever starts running by 7:00? I imagine getting on the monorail by 7:00 would get me in in plenty of time.

Usually it's the monorail, but unfortunately there's no one set answer to your question. Resort Monorail hours can vary week to week so you have to pay close attention to the Times Guide for the week when you are there. This is a good link to bookmark as they usually post the current Times Guide: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

As you can see, the Resort Monorail line starts at 7AM every day this particular week, so you'd be good coming from Poly. If this were me, I'd probably be leaving my room around 7AM to head to the monorail station.

Hope that helps!

You guys are making EMM sound like a really good idea. I'll have to see what the dates look like when they open up for November.

Hopefully we'll see you there! :wave:

I reserved September 24th this morning. See you there :-) I'm really excited for an empty park and for my son to be able to ride his favorite attractions with no wait (I'm anticipating SDMT being a new favorite now that he's tall enough - he LOVES roller coasters)

The CM on the phone said that since it's a dining reservation, it can be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance. Is this accurate? My son is definitely over 38 inches in shoes (he was 37.5 in bare feet at the doctor's office last March), but those measuring sticks can be tricky. If something crazy happens were he tries to ride SDMT on Friday, and he's refused entry, does this mean I can then cancel EMM for Sunday with no penalty?

Thanks for all the info & encouragement on this thread!

We went on 9/6 last year and when I checked, tickets were still available for it the day of. We are booked to do it again on 9/5. We loved EMM.. it ended up being the best morning of our whole trip and the breakfast is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter