Do I need a paper ticket for lockers and EP?

MickeyMinnieMouse

Mouseketeer
We have purchased tickets and will be entering the park using our phone. I understand we may need a paper copy of tickets in order to retrieve items out of lockers from rides and perhaps use paper copies to speed up time to get thru Express pass lines. Will we be issued a paper ticket upon entry or will we have to go somewhere to get one printed? And is it absolutely necessary to have a paper ticket?

I've never toured without a physical ticket (either paper or a plastic AP), but I have seen TMs at the lockers that have bar code cards - just a paper ticket-sized card with a barcode that you use for the lockers. Those would work, but would require you to ask a TM at least once (I'd assume you could save it and use it at the next set of lockers).

For EP, how are you getting your EP? The hotels that come with EP use the room key as your EP. Not sure if this is still the case, but the lockers only needed a bar code - you could use: a paper park ticket, AP, or an EP and all worked.

Thank you for the quick reply - I bought the EP the same time I bought the tickets so only through the phone as we are not staying onsite. So, sorta sounds like I may need a physical copy of the tickets to expedite things. Can they print tickets off for us as we go through the turnstiles or will I need to go to guest services or similar? Seeing some things on lanyards holding tickets/cards and looks to be the way to go for easy access just not sure how we get them printed to use in a lanyard.

Thank you for the quick reply - I bought the EP the same time I bought the tickets so only through the phone as we are not staying onsite. So, sorta sounds like I may need a physical copy of the tickets to expedite things. Can they print tickets off for us as we go through the turnstiles or will I need to go to guest services or similar? Seeing some things on lanyards holding tickets/cards and looks to be the way to go for easy access just not sure how we get them printed to use in a lanyard.
Ah, got it. They won't print at the turnstiles, you'll need to go to guest services. There is one in CityWalk (just to the left of Red Oven Pizza) that typically has a short wait - the Guest Services lines near park entry are usually much longer, in my experience.

I haven't done this myself. But, I read that any barcode would work. Your library card for example. Might be worth a trial run if the guest services line was lone.

I think any barcode does work. I had a problem with one of the lockers opening back up to get my stuff one time. I had to get a team member to help me. They tried my park ticket, my room key, then finally my photo pass, and the photo pass popped
it open.

I haven't done this myself. But, I read that any barcode would work. Your library card for example. Might be worth a trial run if the guest services line was lone.
That would be nice if it works as I really dont want to waste time at guest services to get paper tickets just for the lockers. Really would like to avoid this if possible.

That would be nice if it works as I really dont want to waste time at guest services to get paper tickets just for the lockers. Really would like to avoid this if possible.

Thanks to cartydog's update, you know a photopass card will work. You can get one of those by just standing still for a park photographer. A photopass card is one of the same cards that has been associated with with a photopass.

Thanks to cartydog's update, you know a photopass card will work. You can get one of those by just standing still for a park photographer. A photopass card is one of the same cards that has been associated with with a photopass.
Sounds like another good option. Thank you. Maybe we can find a photographer on the path to Hagrid's in the morning for a quick pic.

FWIW, the last few years we bought our HHN ticket online and went to guest services outside the park to have our tickets printed as card/lanyard size so that we could use them in our lanyards. If the guest services line isn't long, it takes two minutes for guest services to print it out for you.

IMO, its much easier have your EP and your ticket around your neck on a lanyard with one side as the ticket and one side as the EP. You'll need to scan the ticket to enter the park at the gate (or to ride HE), you'll need to scan your ticket to open the locker before and after you ride certain rides, and you'll need to show your EP when entering an EP queue and again when the TM scans your EP later in the queue.

If your EP is on your phone, you may be able to shove your phone in your pocket on many of the locker rides. But, for the locker rides that have metal detectors (Hulk, RRR), you can't have anything in your pockets or on your person except a lanyard. You wouldn't be able to bring your phone on those rides.

FWIW, the last few years we bought our HHN ticket online and went to guest services outside the park to have our tickets printed as card/lanyard size so that we could use them in our lanyards. If the guest services line isn't long, it takes two minutes for guest services to print it out for you.

IMO, its much easier have your EP and your ticket around your neck on a lanyard with one side as the ticket and one side as the EP. You'll need to scan the ticket to enter the park at the gate (or to ride HE), you'll need to scan your ticket to open the locker before and after you ride certain rides, and you'll need to show your EP when entering an EP queue and again when the TM scans your EP later in the queue.

If your EP is on your phone, you may be able to shove your phone in your pocket on many of the locker rides. But, for the locker rides that have metal detectors (Hulk, RRR), you can't have anything in your pockets or on your person except a lanyard. You wouldn't be able to bring your phone on those rides.
Thank you for the reply! This is exactly what I want to do. Hopefully guest services in Citywalk will open a bit before park opening so I can take care of it before I get to gate. Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter