Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone mentioned earlier, I'd get a kick out of the room checks if it was Goofy in a security uniform or Stormtroopers doing them.
People would line up in droves and pay extra for that.

Actually, not quite. I said I was not going to argue on a message board for others' entertainment. Still not, but I will partake in a discussion if I so choose. :)
Well, when someone states “I’m done with this” it usually means they are bowing out. If that’s not what you meant then I stand corrected.

At any rate, the only ones that should be policing the boards are the moderators.

I still am not seeing how they think this is going to prevent a possible incident.

Anyone who wants to commit a terrorist act or mass shooting at WDW isn’t going to be flying down, because of the security at the airports. They will either be a local or someone who drives down there. As I stated before, easy enough to store firearms and other materials in a car. If they’re local, it’s even easier, they will have ample opportunity to scope things out there.

To be honest, I think if we see an incident there, it will be a disgruntled employee or ex employee.

I cant remember the thread but it has already happened, someone reported having children in the tub while the husband went out, someone knocked on the door wife thinks its husband but cannot leave baby in tub alone, door opens and its a cast member who walks directly into the room and stands outside the bathroom.

That post wasn’t legit and has been removed.

Between the political comments and the personal arguments, this thread is rapidly becoming unmanageable. I'll keep it open for now, but it's not going to stay open if folks don't respect each other and the DISboards guidelines.

My lips are zipped! Sorry about that!

(this board is supposed to be my escape! something about this thread really pushed my buttons...:rotfl:)

So, is there still a deadbolt or other type of locking device on the doors? Or do employees have the ability to get in at any time?

That's so disappointing. I was skeptical but people take others at their word and believe these incidents happen and share the information.

Thanks for taking care of it.
While I don’t like that someone fibbed about what happened, I’m relieved that they aren’t barging into rooms.

I'm sorry. the only way this works for the purpose it was purportedly intended.."security" is if it is unannounced.... setting up an appointment to check for ammo? lol! telling the housekeeping to "come back later"? what is the point? we culd hide whatever you may be looking for. , I do NOt have to tel the housekeeping staff what time I plan on waking up in the morning.. what time we may or may not take a nap. we are an elderly couple.. oneof us is disabled. if he can ignore thepain long enough to fall asleep.. do NOT!!!!! knock on the door and wake him out of the few minutes he has pain free!!!! and we do what we can do whenever we can do it.. period!
"he who would trade their liberty for security deserves neither and loses both" Ben Franklin

I have every confidence it won't be as extreme as some think. :)

I am in agreement. I think that after Vegas there is an increased sense of concern from guests, and DIsney is simply making a public statement about a policy that they have had in place anywhere. DND is not a directive from Guests really, and security was always able to enter if they saw something to concern them. Personally, I htink this is to make their resorts less of a target from someone who wants to be a copycat.

I have never seen security like I see in Disney, although I am sure that many other destinations have plans in place as well. In the resorts I have always felt as though the CM's know me after a day or so, and bet you a buck that there is training in place to manage that friendly feeling of coming "home." It is not a leap to believe that there is security who is also very good at recognizing the people who come and go, who behave oddly, or who seem to be using the resort as more of a staging area rather than a place to relax and enjoy.

We don't nap, and I appreciate that there is some effort to address whatever threats they are aware of. But...I would rather see cars checked as they come in. Yes, it would slow things down- I get it. But similar to getting checked before a flight, or entering a park, I would see that as more of a deterrent than housekeepers ( untrained people) randomly peeking in rooms when someone could easily hide weapons. People arriving by DME have been checked already, before flying and the driver loads the bus.
Its terrifying to think that there may be a threat and this casual peek in the room thing will handle it.
I guess I don't get annoyed at bag checks at the airport of parks- and appreciate efforts to keep us safe.

I'm sorry. the only way this works for the purpose it was purportedly intended.."security" is if it is unannounced.... setting up an appointment to check for ammo? lol! telling the housekeeping to "come back later"? what is the point? we culd hide whatever you may be looking for. , I do NOt have to tel the housekeeping staff what time I plan on waking up in the morning.. what time we may or may not take a nap. we are an elderly couple.. oneof us is disabled. if he can ignore thepain long enough to fall asleep.. do NOT!!!!! knock on the door and wake him out of the few minutes he has pain free!!!! and we do what we can do whenever we can do it.. period!
"he who would trade their liberty for security deserves neither and loses both" Ben Franklin
I totally agree. The more they do to make it palatable to customers, the more worthless it is.

I totally agree. The more they do to make it palatable to customers, the more worthless it is.

I honestly do not think that the real security checks will be conducted in this manner. Just as the bag check is not the only level of security in place entering parks, I bet this is not the only security measure that Disney has implemented. It is the first level that they are sharing. If they see cause for concern I rather doubt that there will be an appointment made to check.

I also think that should there be more incidents throughout high traffic destinations there will be more security measures put into place.

My sister was in Vegas that night and thankfully survived that carnage, so I admit that I am pretty sensitive. I want more, rather than less security .

Just anecdotal, but my family just returned from a fabulous trip to Aruba. We stayed at an All Inclusive resort, and had a CL experience. Anyway, one of the perks of our level of stay was additional visits from staff to change towels and restock the refrigerators. Housekeeping services started later than we are used to, but we did nto care. One afternoon DH and I were lying on the bed, he was watching TV and I was dozing when a housekeeper came in teh room. SHe apologized and I thought she left. No....she was in the bathroom cleaning the monster jacuzzi! DH was in his shorts, and he was frozen on the bed! LOL!!!! Oppps, we are just leaving! And we got the heck out of Dodge!

There was also more security visible than I had ever seen anywhere. The concierge said that this was becuase rather were all inclusive, but I wondered if the number was overkill if it was to keep people from accessing the frozen pina coladas.

Just anecdotal, but my family just returned from a fabulous trip to Aruba. We stayed at an All Inclusive resort, and had a CL experience. Anyway, one of the perks of our level of stay was additional visits from staff to change towels and restock the refrigerators. Housekeeping services started later than we are used to, but we did nto care. One afternoon DH and I were lying on the bed, he was watching TV and I was dozing when a housekeeper came in teh room. SHe apologized and I thought she left. No....she was in the bathroom cleaning the monster jacuzzi! DH was in his shorts, and he was frozen on the bed! LOL!!!! Oppps, we are just leaving! And we got the heck out of Dodge!

There was also more security visible than I had ever seen anywhere. The concierge said that this was becuase rather were all inclusive, but I wondered if the number was overkill if it was to keep people from accessing the frozen pina coladas.
Consider yourself lucky! If you had been at Disney, the housekeeper would have burst in without knocking, terrorized you and your husband, stolen all your things and pooped in your toilet. Sorry - it's been building up for days lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter