Do Tickets link to a reservation expire if I'm not able to show up?

themouser

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip to Orlando (from Abroad) in May and my question is relevant to should I buy tickets just yet or wait until I get there. Here is my reasoning:

Say I buy tickets for 2 days (2 parks). I go to the app and make reservations for the parks. So at this point I have the tickets and my expected dates secured with Park Reservation. However due to the current situation say I get a positive Covid test prior to flying!!! Or some other unexpected situation. What is going to happen:

1. I loose my tickets?
2. I'm clear that I loose my reservation, but could I apply for another reservation?
3. Are my tickets still valid and if so for how long?

Thanks!

If you cancel before your trip, you can change the dates of your tickets online. If you can't change them before the dates they're for, they'll disappear from your view in your MDE account, but Disney will still be able to see them. The value of your tickets when you bought them will remain in your account as a credit indefinitely and can be applied to the purchase of future tickets. Once you have purchased the new tickets, you can make park reservations for those dates, assuming the park reservation system is still in effect.

So basically you never get a refund, however you get a permanent balance to be used whenever possible to be used at some point in the future?

So basically you never get a refund, however you get a permanent balance to be used whenever possible to be used at some point in the future?
Yes, usually on a one-ticket-to-one-ticket basis, i.e., you can’t use the value of two regular tickets to pay for an AP.

We did that in Dec, decided not to go at the last minute. The tickets disappeared from view but I had kept the email with the confirmation number. Both as an email and a screen shot before I canceled the original park reservation When I went to reschedule a park reservation I called Disney, gave them the number and they easily just applied them again so they showed up in our MDE account so we could make new park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter