Do we really need a portable charger?

Yes. They are a must have. Not only do you need your phone to use genie+ but i feel like my battery drains faster when it’s hot outside and in Florida it’s usually hot most of the year.

The Disney Parks have little kiosks inside gift shops that sell “fuel rod” chargers. You pay a one time charge of $30. The charger comes with the short wire connections and an adapter for charging your phone and also for recharging the fuel rod. You can exchange a spent fuel rod for a fully charged one for free at these kiosks. (It’s only slightly bigger than a roll of lifesavers candy.)
Yes - but you can get a good deal and actually buy fuel rods on Amazon and two for 30. That’s what I did and then you can still exchange them at the Disney kiosks in the park for free for full ones after you use it.

Yes - but you can get a good deal and actually buy fuel rods on Amazon and two for 30. That’s what I did and then you can still exchange them at the Disney kiosks in the park for free for full ones after you use it.
Thanks for the tip! The reason I bought one from the kiosk at Disney World was because I found myself with low Battery at Epcot Flower and Garden and I wanted to take so many photos! So it saved the day for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter