• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you "date night" in the World?

kaw1106

Live everyday like it is the only day.
My DH and I always make sure to have at least one "date night" while we are at the world with family. We take them on a great trip if they promise to babysit at least one night.

So do any of you "date night" and what do you do? Please keep this G rated :blush: I need ideas for this years date night in January.

Kathleen

I have not done it yet but this Sept DW and I will be doing date night. DM and DMIL will have the girls for a night while we go to dinner at Artist Point. After that we will probaly take the boat and make it over to the Poly and have a couple drinks on the beach. It is a beautiful walk over to the GF. Or we may go over to the Boardwalk and have a nice stroll. I would love to have a look around BC. I think it may take too long to get over there though. Any suggestions for after dinner?

We do a date night on every trip. When the kids were younger we used Cubs Den or Kids Nite Out. Our last trip was with relatives who watched the kids for us. Soon the kids will be old enough to fend for themselves for a short time.

We always take our date at the Brown Derby, where we start with Cobb Salad and end with Grapefruit Cake.

we are fortunate enough to have teen age sons who are usually looking for a break for us as we are from them so a night out alone works well for us. we always go to PI and dance the night away. then allow them to make fun of us the next day about doing the hustle, asking me if i wore my disco shoes and gold chains etec. always have a great time

We are staying at the BWV on our next trip to the World, so our date night will be dinner at Epcot, a couple of rides, IllumNations, and then off to Jellyrolls... then a quick stumble back up to the room.....

Well since it is just the two of us I guess you could say that every night is date night. :) To be serious however we do take a least one night that is a little more special to us. One year it was dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, in June it was Flying Fish. Just an evening where we can take things a little slower, spend time together and relax.

Jellyrolls is the perfect place for date night. It's so much fun there :)

Karen

We definately "date night!"

We have gone to Pleasure Island, out to dinner (Narcoossee's was great), movie, BUT our favorite thing is to go to Epcot.

We love to eat our way "around" the world by sharing a kid's meal/snack/beverage at each country -- topping off the night with a pastry and Illuminations. Magical! :wizard: :love:

Kristen

The last time we were at the world, DH and I went to cirque then had dinner at Victoria's and Alberts on our "date"!

Hubby and I would love this, but its my understanding that babysitting services are for 2 and up only? I know the clubs are higher aged than that. If we go with friends and family, we might try swapping off nights to go out, but I really enjoy the time with the kiddies right now when we are there and late evening swims, etc are really a nice time for us all to unwind together.

Thanks for the great thread. We're taking Grandma and Great Aunt with us in December and everybody involved is looking forward to a date.

And...we're in a two-bedroom! pirate:

very romantic!!!

love the idea.

do you have annual passes? then I would say either France - the upper restuarant Bistro de Paris.

or the one in Mexico - San Angel Inn

at the hotels I think Artist point at VWL/WL, hey I even Kona cafe at the Polyn (it is not too romantic but a fun place), and Cape May Cafe are fun places to eat too.

then you could easily walk over and visit BW

We haven't done Date night, my kids aren't old enough yet to go to the kids clubs, and I just don't think I could hire a babysitter to come to the room that I don't know(not passing judgement, it's just a personal thing). But when we took my parents in Feb. they watched our kids and we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK. Since you have to be over 16 to do the tour, it would have been a long time for us to wait for our kids to be that old. It was so nice to have half a day with just DH at the world. We enjoyed the tour so much, but I also just enjoyed walking around the world and not chasing after 3 kids (which I never get to do). So although not a night activity, it was a great time to spend together. The next time we take family again, we'll try another tour. My kids had a great time with my parents while we were on the tour. My dad took the girls to Once upon a toy, and let them pick out several toys because he wanted the free train set with a $75 purchase! So a good time was had by all!

We definitely try to do date nights. We always ask Grandma and Grandpa to cover for us for one evening, if they are with us, and we have taken our au pairs a couple of times. We have also taken the kids to the kids clubs on occasion, but they are now getting too old to want to do this. We usually go out for a nice dinner, with plans to go to PI afterwards. Have never made it to PI afterwards, because after a long day in the parks and a bottle of wine with dinner, we find that we are too pooped for partying. Some of my favorite date night restaurants are: Bistro de Paris in Epcot, Blue Zoo at the Dolphin, and Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian.

DH and I had a date weekend in June!!! It was fantastic!!! I highly recommend Victoria & Alberts. We also went to the Adventurer's Club in PI, and although not terribly romantic, it was a TON of fun!!! We laughed for 3 hrs and had no idea where the time went. We looked at our watches and it was 1:00 AM!!!

We almost always travel with my parents so they give us one night our on our own. We like to eat at San Angel Inn (Mexico) - it has great ambiance. Last time we went it was F&W festival so we strolled around World Showcase after dinner tasting wines and desserts and watched Illuminations! World Showcase at night is a great place for a "date." :love:

We use Fairy Godmothers every trip since DS was born, and do one or two date nights. We've been to Jiko's, California Grill, and our favorite, the Yachtsman Steakhouse!

Yes :), we always do one date night. We've travelled with my in-laws to WDW many times and they always offer to babysit for one night. We used to go to MGM first and ride our favorites then off to dinner somewhere!

On the occasions where we've travelled without family we used Fairy Godmothers once (they were WONDERFUL) and we used Cub's Den, Simba's Clubhouse and Neverland Club. So far my girls have liked Neverland Club the best but they had fun each time!

Date nights are so wonderful in WDW!!!

I agree, in my opinion, after dark, DisneyWorld turns into a very romantic place!!! Don't get me wrong, my husband and I adore our children, but being only 4 and 6, after a day at the parks they are ready for bed and we are ready for a night out.

Thank you for all the great ideas, I think since we are staying at BWV's we will do the World Showcase, Illuminations, then Jelly rolls (we have never been there) Now, we just have to pick a place to eat, we have done San Angel a few times and love it, but my DH wants to try something new? Any suggestions?

Kathleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter