Do you "date night" in the World?

Would -love- to date night, and have in the past. But can you believe it? The grandparents are TIRED of WDW, after only having gone twice in the past year? We need new grandparents :(

So, sadly on our first trip home in October, there will be no date night. But hey, we'll still be at WDW!

Every night is date night for us as we don't have children. Contrary to what most of our friends think, WDW is indeed a wonderful place for adults with no kiddos. We dine out most every meal, and really enjoy the nicer places for dinner.

I admit that we're a bit spoiled as all our time is for each other. I think "date night" is a huge deal if you do have children--a chance to get away and recall why you fell in love with each other to begin with! Happy and balanced children start with happy and balanced parents!

I second that.....Le Cellier!

You also might consider Bistro de Paris, Chefs de France or Marrakesh for something different. :) You could always eat at Flying Fish on the Boardwalk then head over for Illuminations and a glass of French Wine (my favorite accompaniment to Illuminations) then back to BW to Jellyrolls. Mh DH and I enjoy Flying Fish!

We're trying Todd English's Blue Zoo on our upcoming trip...it's at the Dolphin but not far from Epcot and BW. We'll head to Jellyrolls afterwards as well :banana: .

Last summer we stayed at CR. The kids were 10 and 12 and we had our first date night. Got room service for them, some money for the arcade and desert at the snack bar, and we ate at California Grille and watched Wishes from the roof. It was great. Funny thing was the kids figured out they could charge on their room key and so they spent all the money in the arcade and charged desert to the room!

DD is 5, and this is her first visit to WDW. DH and I have one date night planned -- a return to Victoria and Albert's for our anniversary (15!). :cool1: DD is going to go to the Mouseketeer Club for the duration....Having soloed several times to WDW since DD birth, we are curious to see how a family trip works....Less than 90 days.... :cheer2:

We have found that the whirlpool tubs in the Villa is perfect for "date night".

Wine, straberries, candles...............Then WHAM!!! The baby starts crying, my twins wake up, want mommy to sleep with them and I wind up in the bath alone when everyone is asleep.

So the "WHAM!!!" was when the baby started crying? Because for a second there I thought...

Never mind.

JimFitz said:
We have found that the whirlpool tubs in the Villa is perfect for "date night".

Wine, straberries, candles...............Then WHAM!!! The baby starts crying, my twins wake up, want mommy to sleep with them and I wind up in the bath alone when everyone is asleep.

hahahaha - oh I bet most of us can feel your pain here!

We always do date night. The last two times we have gone to a nicer dinner than we would take our son, then on to Pleasure Island. This time I'm thinking about maybe checking out the Boardwalk area (Jellyrolls) instead? Maybe dinner at the Yachtsman (DH is very meat & potatoes). We have always used Fairy Godmothers in room sitting, they are awesome! All older women, mothers and often grandmothers themselves. My DS has autism, and although he technically will be old enough this time for the kids clubs I think he'll do MUCH better with an in room sitter. Fairy Godmothers are great with special needs kids (or anyone with needs of any age, actually). Besides, I doubt my son will be potty trained well enough to go the clubs anyway, and the clubs close at midnight! I don't want to feel like Cinderella at the ball...

Comedy Wharehouse and Adventurers Club for DW and me. We always get someone from the group to step up and watch DD sleep. They're always in for the night by then anyway.

AC is like a 30's era explorers club. It is a very eccentic atmosphere. There is a stage show and four rooms of "activities" going on. Have a seat on a sinking bar stool. Enjoy a show. And most of all have a Kungaloosh :drinking1 . Have to experience to understand. Disney for the adults.

We let the kids go to Never Land Club last April while we ate at Kona Cafe. It was nice, but I doubt I'd ever get the nerve to go too far away from them.

Our kids are grown so babysitting is no longer an issue. :)
We have started a tradition of sorts where we have dinner our 1st night at the California Grill at the Contemporary and try to time dinner so we can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Our last night's dinner is at Artist Point in the WL.
Of the two, I think that the California Grill was a bit quieter with less children running around, throwing food, fussing, etc than at Artist Point. Then again, we could just have picked a bad night.

Boy do I remember date nights......the good ole days......I really, really looked forward to them....THEN....my wife spoiled things by DEMANDING, and I mean DEEEMANDING to go along.........

QUACKHEAD said:
Boy do I remember date nights......the good ole days......I really, really looked forward to them....THEN....my wife spoiled things by DEMANDING, and I mean DEEEMANDING to go along.........
Does anyone know whether DISboard posts are admissible in court? Seems like they would be...

DH and I are going to California Grill while my mom and dad watch the 3 kids.
After hearing about the Adventure's Club and the Comedy Wharehouse, I may try to talk DH into going to one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter