Do you get better service at Deluxe resorts?

Do you get better customer service at Deluxe resorts?

• Total voters
It depends on your definition of service...
are the CM's friendlier... that can be hit and miss at any resort.
There are CM's at Deluxe who's only job is to greet people and have gone as far as taking my child by the hand and walking him in. There are more amenities so there will be more CM's that can go out of their way. In some of the Deluxe resorts there have been long time employees as the poly was well know for that like their job ans hence seem nicer... Their was a long time greeter at the Beach club that retired years back but was there fr many years as a few examples.
If you define service as how friendly the staff is, it is hit and miss, but a higher end resort will have more amenities and a larger staff to service them.. examples can range from pool slides to the Tiki torch lighting at the Poly or entertainers they have through out the day... and these CM's will interact with the guests.

Yes and no...
To a certain degree, it always depends on individual CM's, including their level of training, how they are feeling, your attitude, and etc.

It also always depends a good deal on what you are asking the CM to do. Pretty much every CM will automatically greet you with a smile. If that's all you need, then you'll generally get friendly service everywhere.

The quality of the CM, IMO often comes out when you delve deeper, like if you need something complicated or unusual. Some CM's know what to do, and love the challenge. If you get a CM who doesn't know what to do though, that's when you get more mixed results. These CM's might tell you your request can't be done, but they do it with a smile, and if you don't know better, you'll think you got great service.

A subtle difference is that the CM's at the higher end hotels are sometimes a little more flexible.

But yes, we've noticed some difference in the level of service. It tends to show up when you need something unusual or slightly complicated. That said, we've sometimes had great service at the values and sometimes had bad service at the deluxes.

I really think it depends on each hotel. Some are great and some go through spells of not so great.

Not saying we’ve had bad service at Pop. The CMs at the front desk and gift shop were very helpful. But housekeeping although kept room clean, restocking supplies was a hit or miss. I’ve never had to phone as much to request supplies as I did at Pop. And I had daily housekeeping. Had to request cups, coffee, tea, I made a habit of stopping by food court to grab creamers and sugar as these weren’t restocked either. It was probably our housekeeper rather than a resortwide problem.
Also values don’t have full Bell Service like the mods or value resorts.

We have stayed at moderates in the past and more recently deluxe. The amenities are much better in the deluxe resorts. Much more to offer, better restaurants, lounges, fancier pools, etc. But I did not notice any difference in the level of service offered at either level. I think the CM take pride in what they do at the resorts.

It really does depend...but with that said I've found service to be better at the Deluxe and we've stayed at all levels. CM's are generally friendly at values but I think they deal with so many more issues (ie. noise from sports teams) that they are sometimes at a loss of what they can really do to help that it seems like indifference.

I've stayed all three levels and have not noticed an overall difference attributable to the level of resort. In fact, I'd say that during our stay at ASMu we experienced the most helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable cast members. Though, I don't think that, overall, that's what you can plan to expect; I think it was just our experience during that specific trip. Thinking back, I'd say it was at the Polynesian that we experienced the least enthusiastic cast members. But, again, I think that was just our personal experience during that specific trip.

It depends on your definition of service...
are the CM's friendlier... that can be hit and miss at any resort.
There are CM's at Deluxe who's only job is to greet people and have gone as far as taking my child by the hand and walking him in. There are more amenities so there will be more CM's that can go out of their way. In some of the Deluxe resorts there have been long time employees as the poly was well know for that like their job ans hence seem nicer... Their was a long time greeter at the Beach club that retired years back but was there fr many years as a few examples.
If you define service as how friendly the staff is, it is hit and miss, but a higher end resort will have more amenities and a larger staff to service them.. examples can range from pool slides to the Tiki torch lighting at the Poly or entertainers they have through out the day... and these CM's will interact with the guests.
Mods have these too, by the way. Long time ones at that. Just in case that wasn't well known. Maybe none at the Values, we don't stay there much.
POFQ has an awesome guy

We have had excellent service at every Disney resort. Like other pp, there seemed to me more CMs around at the deluxe properties, but even at POP, we had the same great Disney service everywhere.

In my experience, yes, definitely. I've had numerous instances of CMs going above and beyond at deluxe resorts. At values and moderates, they do their jobs with a smile (usually) , but never have even given 100%, IMO. There is always some slacking going on. I often find myself very frustrated with the glacial pace of EVERYTHING at the values. It's like everyone working there is going on slow motion.

I voted for 'Maybe a Little'. I think its very resort specific. For instance, I love AKL and most others I know who have stayed there do as well. However, from my own personal experience and those that I know, the Beach Club has overall mixed to negative service. While it is beautiful, I have heard really bad stories of room maintenance, unresponsive management, and nasty CM's.

The Coronado Springs is a moderate which is wonderful, however the Caribbean, not so much.

I would say it is somewhat better if you go up in category, however not nearly enough for that to be a deciding factor.

We had stellar service at The Polynesian and AKL. The service at BW and Coronado left a lot to be desired. I’d say hit or miss. I imagine a lot has to do with management at each individual property.

We had stellar service at The Polynesian and AKL. The service at BW and Coronado left a lot to be desired. I’d say hit or miss. I imagine a lot has to do with management at each individual property.
Yep, we've had great service at the Grand. But we also had great service at All Star Sports.

On the other hand we've had a couple of hiccups at Saratoga and Beach Club.

I don’t think it’s attributed to what you pay but just different everywhere you stay. I do however feel that the Polynesian has the best staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter