Do you have a summer vacation booked?

No - every weekend is softball tournaments starting the first weekend in June and ends the first weekend of November (we may have one or two weekends off). We haven’t had a family vacation since 2012 and that is not a complaint. I love our softball weekends:love:

Bad timing. It's freezing in Phoenix right now. It's usually much warmer.
Yes we usually have great weather luck, but it’s pretty cold at the moment. We do have better weather coming, though, and it’s nice to see greenery and flowers instead of snow.

No summer trips booked, but I think we plan on doing some camping up by Lake Superior now and again.

I don't really do "summer vacations." But I do not have a birthday trip planned again this year. Keeping out hope for 2022.

I have a few just me but a couple with the hubby and our two young adult boys. Going to Hawaii to visit friends before they move back state side this summer. My dad isn’t doing so hot so I plan on going back for a few days. The family and I have a couple disney trips planned. Also going on a road trip to see my family back in MT. Then doing stuff on the way back home. The kids miss doing road trips. Use to do them every 4 years when my hubby was active duty. So it’d been about 5 years and the kids are craving another one

What about you?
Yes, and no. We had a 2 month RV trip (with an organized group) in the Canadian eastern provinces reserved for last summer. Well, that didn't happen, it's been moved to THIS summer, but it looks like Canada won't be opening up any time soon. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop and either move the trip to NEXT year, or something...

Nope. We are staying home until back to normal. I don’t understand everyone who can’t wait a year to travel. I understand life is short and mental health is a factor but not for the number who travelled this year and spread this virus all over. (I know this isn’t a popular opinion)

But this started last March. Anyone booking for this coming summer HAS ALREADY waited a year. (well, maybe they have done other trips in the interim, but not necessarily)
So, did you really mean you can't understand people who can't wait TWO years?

I don't do Summer vacations. I go in the Spring (May) and the Fall (October). The temps are better, things are often cheaper, and in the case of WDW, their are two festivals at Epcot to go to.

I have not booked anything yet but we are planning to travel out West. We will fly into and out of Las Vegas. We plan to spend a day at Zion national park and they Bryce Canyon National Park. Then we will go to the north rim of the Grand Canyon (we have already been to the South Rim) and finally we will spend a few days at my cousins summer home in Flagstaff, Arizona. We really want to make this happen so I am probably going to book air fare in the next couple of months.

Not yet, I still get the sense that businesses are waiting for this to go away so they can do things in their comfort zone instead of mine. Guess I'm waiting to see which businesses will bend and which will remain steadfastly in denial.

Vacation shopping feels a little like looking for a car, I'm ok to spend more if it has the right sort of safety features. Yes a SUV costs more in price, insurance, upkeep etc. but I'll get home safely in a blizzard, it's like this now.

We usually don't travel much in summer.
We do have a British Isles cruise booked for July, but I think we are going to postpone it for a year

Once again, we canceled our trip to Europe. Instead, it’s a beach condo for us. We missed out on a vacation last year, and I’m not missing two years in a row. We will have gotten our vaccinations by the beginning of March, so we are risking it.

Last edited:
We’re still hoping to reschedule the Naples/Marco Island trip we had to postpone last April, but nothing is booked yet.

Fall 2021 was supposed to be London but I doubt that will happen.

Hawaii (Maui) in July for 2 weeks. I know it's over 5 months way but I'm am planner happy with it right now. We have our flights and AirBnB booked.

We have a cabin booked for August but it is just an hour away from our home here on Vancouver Island. We are going with my mother who has been in our bubble since the beginning of the restrictions last March so no issues there. She lives alone so she is allowed to be with one family. We are hoping my sister can come out from Ontario to spend the week with us there but that is on hold until it gets closer to the date.

I was hoping to be able to travel outside of BC this summer but that is not looking likely so maybe November if all 3 of us are vaccinated (DS turns 16 in July so he can get the vaccine after that). We also need for the travel restrictions to be lifted of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter