Do you like to look at pics of your parents

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
when they were real young ? what are your thoughts about them ?

I love looking at pics of them, my dad was good lookin, tall, dark and Handsome, but he really hit the jack pot with my mom, she was stunning at how beautiful she was, Im really proud of both them

I love looking at pictures. I have albums and pictures of them hanging on a wall.
Wedding picture. Dad was in the Navy and in his uniform (very dark), mother wearing a tailored suit (she had a much lighter complication)

I love looking at pictures. I have albums and pictures of them hanging on a wall.
Wedding picture. Dad was in the Navy and in his uniform (very dark), mother wearing a tailored suit (she had a much lighter complication)

dont you wish, you could put the pic in a machine and see a video of what was going on when it was taken, I never minded getting old myself but I hated to see my parents get old

I don't have any. Have no idea what my dad looked like. And the few I had of my mom someone threw them away.

I don't really have many childhood pictures of my dad. My aunt had them. I have my parents wedding picture. Don't know about my mom's childhood pictures.

I do. I cleaned out my grandmother's house last year and have all of her pictures.

There are about 12 pictures taken on the same day of her, my grandfather and my aunt who would have been under 1 at the time with friends of theirs. This would have been about 1942. They were on a picnic and some very happy, candid, playful shots of my grandparents in their early 20s were captured. There's even one with my grandmother scratching her behind! Lol. She was always a proper, gracious Southern lady. So this one has given us several laughs.

I love old pics of my family. I have albums, pics hanging around the house, and digital images I've taken from family posts and ancestry.com. My dad was good looking and my mom was one of the pretty and popular girls in high school - social club, princess in town festival, etc. SO not like me! I don't know how two outgoing people ended up with an introverted kid. I also don't think that I'd want to go back and see how they behaved back then. :scared:

yes. I have the wedding pic in my living room. I also have my Mom's pin up type pic that was my Dad's fave. mom.jpg

We also used it for her obituary picture. She was a hot lady in her day.

My wife is big on family photos.
We have a photo of my parents out to dinner when they were still dating, from 7 years before I was born.
We have their wedding photo up.
We have a photo of my wife's mom when she was a teenager.
And we have my wife's parents wedding photo. They divorced after 9 years.

I used to. It's been really hard to look at photos of my father since he died, DH had to stop me from putting them all away for a while (he's not a jerk, he just knows I bury my head in the sand rather than deal with things). I can look at them now and not break down, but I wouldn't say it's particularly enjoyable yet.

when they were real young ? what are your thoughts about them ?

I love looking at pics of them, my dad was good lookin, tall, dark and Handsome, but he really hit the jack pot with my mom, she was stunning at how beautiful she was, Im really proud of both them

Proud of them for being beautiful? People can only help their looks so much. Or is there something else you are proud of them for?

I have their wedding album. It is fun to see them, my grandparents on both sides, my aunts and uncles, etc.....

My mom did not have a happy childhood, and they were poor, so there aren't a whole lot of pictures, but she doesn't like to look at them, they remind her of an unhappy time. Her dad died when she was young, leaving her uneducated mother to raise 6 kids, in a rural part of the country, with no means of support.

My dad has a lot more pictures of the family when he was a boy. He had a happy childhood and so many stories from growing up with 4 brothers. It is fun to go through their albums. His mother made 6 photo albums of everything.....one for each of the boys and one for herself. The boys didn't care about them much, but the wives cared more, and the kids (me and my cousins) seem to care about them even more and we are so thankful we have them.

dont you wish, you could put the pic in a machine and see a video of what was going on when it was taken, I never minded getting old myself but I hated to see my parents get old

Oh yes.....they both died rather young. I am older than they were :(
Pictures are a good way to relieve the memories.

We weren’t really “picture people”; during my childhood our household didn’t even have a camera. I’m not particularly sentimental but I do wish there were more to have chronicled those days. I do have some, mostly given to me by others and I especially like the really old ones from their youth and wondering about the events that were going on when the pictures were taken. It’s a rarity to haul them out and look though. We do have one formal portrait of my parents and one of DH’s hung in our home.

Yes, I look at pictures of my parents, who are both deceased, Dad, 5 years, Mom only a year and a half. I love looking at pics of them with our 2 sons, grown now, when they were younger.
We and our sons were quite blessed as to how devoted and involved they were with our 2 sons and my sisters 2 sons. They were fabulous grandparents. Miss them dearly. :rose:

Yes! Even though both of my parents are gone(lost them both only 90 days between the two) as of 2011 I still love looking at pictures of my parents. My mum was such a beautiful woman and my dad was handsome as well. You could tell my dad knew he was 'the stuff' too just by looking at the pictures. He just had that vibe, nothing conceded just playful. My mum on the other hand was very shy and downplayed her looks. Her friendliness shows through her pictures. I love seeing them at a time before I or any of my older siblings were thought about. Seeing how carefree those days were for them. I love seeing how they were with my older sisters before I came on the scene. I have several framed pictures of them throughout my home that helps to make our house into a home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter