do you make ps for all your meals

natalielongstaff

<font color=deeppink>I need a cup of tea and a big
or just lunch or dinner ?? is it possible to walk in any places on the days we dont make a ps, i have never been b4 and this part of the plan is bothering me a bit lol
i would also be grateful for any restaurant reccomendations suitable for a girl age 6 and a boy age 3 :sunny:
thank you

It would depend on when you are going and how busy it is.

We love Crystal Palace for breakfast and my DD and I do Cinderella's Royal Table and the Storybook breakfast at Epcot. I've never been to Chef Mickey's, but it gets great reviews. My DH and DS like Donald's Breakfestasourus (sp?) but it gets mixed reviews at AK. They think it's great. You would need ps for all of these.

We go in June and ps are a must for lunch and dinner. We would have had a long wait at Prime Time for lunch. The only place there wasn't a wait was at Epcot for lunch, but I cannot tell you about dinner at Epcot. Rainforest for dinner at AK was packed and we eat at Boma and ps are a must there as well.

I just made a few PSs. Haveing two DSs, I know our park schedule can be unpredictable....that being said, there were two places I really wanted us to go to. Well, actually, my youngest really wanted to go to Chef Mickey's for breakfast one day, and 'Ohana was a must for me, so I made PSs for the night we get there for 'Ohana, and Chef Mickeys breakfast for the day we go to Magic Kingdom (kind of "kick off" the mood!) Besides that, we will probably have a lot of counter service (turkey leg another "must" for my son) and catch as catch can...and dare I say a lot of junk food? I can't imagine wanting to eat a big meal after having Mickey bars and the other goodies at the MK! Our day at EPCOT, we will probably just eat "around the world".

I'm going to make one PS per day, then the rest will be counter service in the parks or the food court at the resort.

We make 1 - 2 PS's a day to fit with our park itinerary.

There is no way we will use them all, but it is good to know that if we need to eat, we have a PS at a restauarant that we actually want to try, rather than being stuck with an alternative that we don't like.

I always make PSs before each trip. We like to return to our favorite places, and most aren't the kind of places where you can just show up and expect to get a table.
I always do one big meal each day. If we do a sit-down breakfast, we don't do a big lunch, but we'll probably do a sit-down dinner. Sometimes we grab some bfast at the resort, eat a sit-down lunch, and then grab something later if we're hungry. All of our dining plans are flexible. I've cancelled PSs so we could have more park time before heading home.

We typically do a couple during our trip but usually no more than 1 per day. Our first trip we didn't know much about PS and really wanted to eat at Crystal Palace one morning but couldn't get in so I learned my lesson the next time. I've also found that we usually fill up so much at lunch that we either snack at dinner or get something quick so that we don't need to have another sit down for dinner. I kind of like making PSs to help keep the Disney feeling going throughout the year so I may make some I don't necessarily need (because it is a slow time) but will use and enjoy!

It depends on when you are going and how good you are at planning. If you're going at a slow time, with the exception of character meals, I wouldn't worry. I believe in January you can pretty much walk in anywhere or call that morning for a PS.

In July dinners at most restaurants and any character meals need to be PSed at the 90 day mark. And you can't wait too long for lunches because they will eventually fill up too. In the summer a fine dining PS will sometimes get you a meal in less time then waiting in line at counter service at peak meal times.

All this applies to eating at normal meal times at peak park times. But PS's also remove any worries of where, when and if you'll eat.

If its a place you really want to eat at then I would say make a ps ressie. We tried to get in to Sci Fi our last trip in Dec (the beginning of Dec slow time) and were told they were booked up--not taking any walk ins.

I do, but I'm an avid planner anyway. My last 2 trips have been during busier times, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I would recommend the Crystal Palace, LTT, Garden Grill & 50's Primetime Cafe. These are all great places to dine. If you do Chef Mickey's, I would strongly recommend breakfast over dinner. Had dinner here last trip and it was the worst meal ever!!

wow !! thaks everyone for replying,we are going early november and so far im cosidering mama melroses and fantasmic,rainforest cafe,chef mickeys, and the ice cream social at epcot
thanks again

We were there from 4/24 - 5/1 and had PS for CRT breakfast, Crystal Palace dinner, RFC breakfast at AK, Hoop Dee Doo, Sci-Fi lunch, and Chef Mickey's for dinner.

I am glad we had made PS for all of these, because at every one (except RFC) walk-ins were being turned away. The only place we went to with no PS was Planet Hollywood in DD and it was a 20 min. wait. Food was good, but did not like the atmosphere much.

Chef Mickey's was our favorite character meal. Most character interaction. Was a little disappointed with CP. Characters were very rushed and Tigger never made his way to our table. :(

CRT was a dream come true for my little 5 yr. old princess.

If there is a character meal or special meal you really want then go ahead and make a ps - just to be sure! Other than that I just make a late lunch ps each day, that's usually our "big meal" and gives us a good rest in the mid afternoon. Breakfast is in room cereal or bagel and dinner is usually counter service.

TJ

If it is a place that takes PS I make them always, better safe than sorry.

We go during a slower time of year and last year at Sc-fi they turned away people who didn't have ps because the wait was so long, over 2 hours. Mind you I had a ps and got in within 10 minutes of my ps time.

So if they take a ps and I know what days I am going to be at what parks I make a ps.

We never make PS's in advance. There is no way we can know before our trip where we will be on any given day. We will sometimes make a PS for lunch when we first enter a park in the morning. For example, when we enter MK, we'll stop at City Hall and get a PS for lunch at Crystal Palace. If we are planning a nice sit-down meal one nite, I'll usually call the night before for a PS. Other than that, we go with the flow and eat when and where we happen to be.

I plan out my vacations detail by detail so I always know where I'll be and when. It worked out for me last year very well...well we messed up at AK on a Monday because it was hot and my daugther wanted to see the barn animals at Rafiki's Planet Watch and everything just got out hand...we almost missed our PS at Rain Forest...I blame it on the hot weather. Anyway...I thought I'd share that for no apparent reason.

Umm, back to the subject at hand...I think a family should have at least two PS dates on vacation. It's nice to take a load off at the parks and just to experience Disney dining.

We usually make ps but last year we have decided this year only to make ps for restaurants we know are hard to get.

phew ive stopped panicking now and all your suggestions have given me food for thought !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter