Do You Smoke?

Do You Smoke?

• Yes, I smoke tobacco (but nothing else).

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Yes, I smoke, but not tobacco.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Yes, I smoke both tobacco and "other plant matter."

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • No, I don't smoke.

Votes: 145 90.1%

• Total voters
Most smokers don't necessarily die of anything that's smoking related
By this do you mean like dying in a cigarette induced fire? :confused3

Or dying from maybe lung cancer, COPD, heart disease, mouth cancer, throat cancer, esophageal cancer. Maybe stroke, asthma, colon, cervix, pancreatic, liver, stomach, or maybe just about any kind of cancer? Maybe leukemia, or the lifetime of problems inflicted on babies where the mother smokes? Or stillbirths? Or even the occasional smoking in bed fire death?

Well I'll give you that for some people it helps them relax and be less stressed. For others though it gives them anxiety or if they already had it over time it makes their symptoms worse.

My husband's coworker who I'm close to loves to smoke "plant stuff" like she doesn't go a darn day without it. She said she needed it for her anxiety for her overall welbeing. Well 6 months ago she stopped and whoa you can tell. She now has a fresh look about her she no longer looks zonked out. She was very beautiful before but there is just a glow about her now. She also has regained better usage of her mind. Beforehand she had trouble remembering things like she would think she would tell you to meet her at X time but turns out she never did. Now she hasn't missed a beat. She also seems a bit faster on the uptake if that makes sense.

So yeah works for some not for others.

I'm not delving into the medical usages however.

Your medication - regardless of what it is - has to be right for you. Clearly, "herb" wasn't the ideal way of dealing with your coworkers anxiety.

I have a friend with lifelong clinical depression, who has been on just about every prescription medication on the market (she acclimates and has to switch to new ones regularly). I've seen her when her meds are working, and when they aren't, and when she's transitioning. It's not pretty!

Or dying from maybe lung cancer, COPD, heart disease, mouth cancer, throat cancer, esophageal cancer. Maybe stroke, asthma, colon, cervix, pancreatic, liver, stomach, or maybe just about any kind of cancer? Maybe leukemia, or the lifetime of problems inflicted on babies where the mother smokes? Or stillbirths? Or even the occasional smoking in bed fire death?

Well, most smokers don't actually die from those diseases, although a pretty sizable proportion do. It's certainly not a healthy thing to intentionally concentrate and inhale any kind of smoke, with lung damage and shortness of breath. Smokers do have a shorter average lifespan, but most don't necessarily die of smoking related illness.

Plenty of smokers manage to live to old age, but it's not necessarily a good quality of life. But death from smoking is more like Russian roulette with two bullets than a sure death.

I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, haven't for a while now, but, I do Vape. No nicotine, just flavored vapor. I find that it helps me alleviate boredom and gives me something to do other then just sit here and type. I hardly ever vape during the day, when I'm busy, but, evenings can get long so it gives me a break without the harmful additive stuff.

Nope hate smokers.
I know this will offend many but to me in this day and age it is a sign of poor judgment/intelligence.
I understand why people in my grandparents generation smoked, even my parents generation to a certain extent but anyone my age (early 30s) who does is an idiot.

As far as plant material, don't see this as different than having a couple of drinks although illegal here, don't think people should smoke and drive though
Cigarette smoker on-and-off for 30 years. Poor judgement, you got me - no argument there. But I'd put my IQ up against yours any day. :rolleyes:

As for drugs, no; not pot or anything else, ever. I grew up in the middle of the Nancy Regan "Just Say No" era. Being a stoner just wasn't cool.

I know this will offend many but to me in this day and age it is a sign of poor judgment/intelligence.

I was buying some nicotine gum for my DH at Costco once, and the cashier made a remark about me quitting smoking. I told her I wasn't stupid enough to smoke. She was offended, but so was I at being assumed a smoker. I can't stand being around any type of smoke, even camp fires bother me.

I used to smoke but quit cold turkey 15 years ago.

This thread seems like it's trying to bring out the pot head druggies.

I'm not a fan.

MG

Now no smoking at all.

Smoked cigarettes socially (aka while drinking) in college and my early 20s. I stopped that around the time all the bars went smoke free (2000-2001) bc it wasn't worth going outside to do it.
Smoked the wacky tabacky around that same time frame. At some point that changed from being fun and relaxing to giving me anxiety and paranoia and so I stopped.

Last edited:
Nope hate smokers.
I understand why people in my grandparents generation smoked, even my parents generation to a certain extent but anyone my age (early 30s) who does is an idiot.

As far as plant material, don't see this as different than having a couple of drinks although illegal here, don't think people should smoke and drive though

As many of us who did smoke at one point showed most people don't start smokig when intelligence and logic are apart of the decision. Many people start smoking because they sre surrounded by it. Smoking is definitly a habit you can "inherit" if you know several smokers in your life. Like I said I was no more then 10 when I smoked my first cigarette. Of course I stopped very young but some people get addicted and have a much harder time. Some people don't bring intelligence and logic into the choice until it is too late.

Haven't smoked in 11 years.LOVE smoking!Such a wonderful little treat 20 times a day.Of course,your health comes into play,and you finally say enough.I,however,would never say I didn't adore it.If it weren't bad for you,I'd still be doing it.

So...I guess that's a no for you? I vape. Quit cigs when the price got to be so outrageous. As for other elements, that never was my drug of choice but things change:smokin:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter