Do you think Disney will cancel the renovations?

Do you think they will cancel the renovations?

• No way

• Yes

• Wouldn't be the first time they didn't do what they said

• Who knows

Results are only viewable after voting.

loveDmouse

Mickey was first
Just curious what you guys think. Would Disney stop the renovations at the Fort? I am a little nervous because it seems they haven't started yet like they were suppose to and we upgraded from a preferred to a premium when the information first came out. I sure don't want to be without a site because of it.

I hope they do what they said they where going to do. But look how they did not finish POP after 911.:confused3

I just looked for a week in early November, and they are still showing Premium campsites as an option. So until that goes away, I would say the renovations are still happening.

Who knows? Do I think it will get done on the time table they set? NO WAY !

In my humble experience working for a large corporation for 30 years, if a "plan" won't bring a sizable return for the investment - it'll be scratched. Disney isn't just theme parks and resorts. It's movies, cable stations, major news networks, cruise line, real estate corp's, wildlife habitats (they have a huge, unadvertised wildlife preserve somewhere off US 27 in Polk county). Heck, for all I know, they own the oil company that G. Bush & D. Cheney claim to own. Disney is in everything!! FtW is just a very small piece in a huge puzzle.

When they did all the clearing of vegitation last year, I couldn't help but ask myself...hmmmm... why didn't they do this after all the hurricanes of 2004? They had fleets of tree clearing companies (yes, companies - not just one) and could have easily accomplished this at the same time - and probably for less $$. But in 2004, they were already working on 2008 plans (I'm guessing here) and I guess it's too difficult to switch plans just due to practicality. One thing I can say for certain is, the very few Disney stocks I own haven't given much of a return since they did a 3 for 1 split back in the 90's. Another poster on a different thread proposed that maybe R. Iger wasn't the right person to replace M. Eisner. :confused3

My DBro is very much into probability & statistics. Maybe he'll have more logical insight to this.

If they cancel what will they do with the people who are already booked for the premium sites?

I am concerned I won't have a site in December if they don't do the renovations. We upgraded to a premium from preferred. Would they just put us back with our original ressie? :confused3

If they cancel what will they do with the people who are already booked for the premium sites?

I am concerned I won't have a site in December if they don't do the renovations. We upgraded to a premium for preferred. Would they just put us back with our original ressie? :confused3

I'm sure they would just go back to preferred.

This indecision or last minute reconsideration may have an impact on why they are not releasing Nov 2009 campsites. I have heard construction/renovation mentioned nearly everytime when asking why they haven't been released yet. Even though we all know they should be done long before this and are already booking prior months into the new sites classes. If a decision is immenent, perhaps they are waiting to revert them back to old class before booking is allowed?

Something to make you go HMMM?:rolleyes1

When I booked for April 09 they offered a Premium site which I took hoping it would bring me closer to a CS.

Also, some guests in the FW cabins have been asked to switch to SSR in August because they are starting to renovate the cabins. Maybe that's a good sign?

there's no need to renovate if they sell out as is.

I think they'll do the renovations, but the question is: when? I don't think Disney is hurting too much yet, I just think they're worried about what *might* happen. If things get worse, I think they'll postpone whatever parts haven't been completed yet. The dog park is already done, I think the brush clearing is done, they're supposed to be working on widening roads and improving campsites now, and they haven't even started the pools yet. Sure looks like it's going in phases to me.

It may be 2011 instead of 2009, but I think eventually it'll all get done, unless we slide into some horrific economic environment that we're not even close to yet.

I'm bummed because the only part of the upgrades that I care about are the pools...you know, the part it seems like they're going to do LAST!

Sue in Texas
...loves hot tubs, especially while camping...

The only part I am concerned about right now is the upgrading of the loops.

I guess they will make an announcement about it if they decide to postpone??
I wonder if I should call and ask that if they don't do the upgrades to put it back the way it was?? :confused3

We went with the premium because there is suppose to be more room and they were eliminating that dirt area and it would just be all cement.

When I booked for April 09 they offered a Premium site which I took hoping it would bring me closer to a CS.

Also, some guests in the FW cabins have been asked to switch to SSR in August because they are starting to renovate the cabins. Maybe that's a good sign?

Actually, a premium site will give you less access to a comfort station. The premium sites will just be more concrete, longer and wider. The Loops that are going to be converted to premium sites are 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400.

If you look at the Ft. Wilderness map, 600, 700, and 1000 don't even have a comfort station (however, there is usually a sidewalk connecting to an adjacent loop to walk to a comfort station).

Loop 400 and 500 share a comfort station. Loop 1200 and 1300 share a comfort station

So, of the future Premium loops the only ones that have their own comfort station is 800, 900, 1100, and 1400.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter