Does anyone else hate they keep going back to the same restaurants?

sparrow10_

Savvy?
I'm planning a trip for April and while jotting down the places I want to eat, I came to realize it's the exact ones I had for my last trip!

Boma, Sebastian's, Boathouse, Ohana, etc..

I keep wanting to try new places but have had such good experiences with these ones that I want something I know I will enjoy.

Anyone else feels that it happens to them?

We have been trying new restaurants out, usually one per trip. We go frequently as weekend getaways. Some of the favorites are always on our list because they never disappoint, lunch at steakhouse 71 is one of our favorites. We recently tried Sebastian’s and loved it, it has become a new favorite in our family. The chef there is awesome too. We recently went back and because I have a gluten allergy and my son’s girlfriend has a pineapple one he came to our table, he remembered us and knew exactly what to do so we wouldn’t get cross contamination. Hangar bar, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen, Citrico’s, and Nomad lounge are some of our other favorites.

We eat at the same places each trip, more for nostalgia than anything else. Scifi, 50s, Ohana, CRT, Chef mickeys (always on arrival day), San Angel, Olivia’s, Biergarten and BoG are all must dos and then we sprinkle in a few new to us places where we can. For us it’s not a Disney trip without visiting “our” places.

You're not alone! I think in some ways, it's hard to branch out at Disney because we have these great experiences at restaurants that make us say "omg, we need to come back next year!", and then while we get home and spend the rest of the year remembering all the great memories we had there -- Topolino's Terrace and Steakhouse 71 have been the biggest repeat offenders for us in recent past.

We do our best to balance our favorite restaurants with new restaurants. We try to look at where we're staying first and if there are any restaurants at our hotel we haven't been to yet, those are easy to slip into arrival or departure day. Then we look to see if anything new is open at the parks -- Rodeo Roundup BBQ is on the top of our list for our next trip! Then we look at where our favorite vloggers are eating -- we've recently seen a lot of great coverage at Shula's and Boma, so we're trying to incorporate those into our next trip, too.

We have been trying new restaurants out, usually one per trip. We go frequently as weekend getaways. Some of the favorites are always on our list because they never disappoint, lunch at steakhouse 71 is one of our favorites. We recently tried Sebastian’s and loved it, it has become a new favorite in our family. The chef there is awesome too. We recently went back and because I have a gluten allergy and my son’s girlfriend has a pineapple one he came to our table, he remembered us and knew exactly what to do so we wouldn’t get cross contamination. Hangar bar, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen, Citrico’s, and Nomad lounge are some of our other favorites.
Sebastian's really is amazing

You're not alone! I think in some ways, it's hard to branch out at Disney because we have these great experiences at restaurants that make us say "omg, we need to come back next year!", and then while we get home and spend the rest of the year remembering all the great memories we had there -- Topolino's Terrace and Steakhouse 71 have been the biggest repeat offenders for us in recent past.

We do our best to balance our favorite restaurants with new restaurants. We try to look at where we're staying first and if there are any restaurants at our hotel we haven't been to yet, those are easy to slip into arrival or departure day. Then we look to see if anything new is open at the parks -- Rodeo Roundup BBQ is on the top of our list for our next trip! Then we look at where our favorite vloggers are eating -- we've recently seen a lot of great coverage at Shula's and Boma, so we're trying to incorporate those into our next trip, too.
Boma's dinner is a-ma-zing

We eat at the same places each trip, more for nostalgia than anything else. Scifi, 50s, Ohana, CRT, Chef mickeys (always on arrival day), San Angel, Olivia’s, Biergarten and BoG are all must dos and then we sprinkle in a few new to us places where we can. For us it’s not a Disney trip without visiting “our” places.

I can feel this, I also feel that somehow there's some sentiment that you never know when you could come back again so you at least want to do those places you like so much.

I tend to do 1-2 new spots. It’s made easier when things I used to love become mediocre (Chefs de France) or stupid expensive for the value I’m receiving (HBD) because then I don’t have to give up something I love to try something new.
what is HBD?

We're trying it for breakfast in May, but I'm staying at DAKL in September and I'm so excited to try dinner at Boma, Jiko, Sanaa ... can't wait!
I might have to try the breakfast sometime. Sanaa was so good too!

Btw I see you did the Fall '16 DCP. What role/location where you at? I was Fall Advantage '16!

I might have to try the breakfast sometime. Sanaa was so good too!

Btw I see you did the Fall '16 DCP. What role/location where you at? I was Fall Advantage '16!

Oh my gosh, hi!!! I was attractions at Peter Pan's Flight/it's a small world and lived at Vista Way! What about you?

We also try to mix it up wit a combination of eating at several of our favorites and trying new places each visit.

In September, some of our meals were...
Topolino's (first time)
Sanaa (repeat favorite)
Maria & Enzo's (first time)
The Edison (repeat favorite)

In January...
Summer House on the Lake (first time)
The Boathouse (repeat favorite)
Wine Bar George (first time)
Portillo's (repeat favorite - off site)
Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen (first time)

We also try to mix it up wit a combination of eating at several of our favorites and trying new places each visit.

In September, some of our meals were...
Topolino's (first time)
Sanaa (repeat favorite)
Maria & Enzo's (first time)
The Edison (repeat favorite)

In January...
Summer House on the Lake (first time)
The Boathouse (repeat favorite)
Wine Bar George (first time)
Portillo's (repeat favorite - off site)
Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen (first time)
Skipper Canteen was amazing when I tried it. Have been wanting to go back but it doesn't fit in my times usually. What did you think of Topolino's?

I try to book at least 1-2 new restaurants each trip. I used to go to Rose & Crown every trip since Spring of 1983 as it's been a tradition. Now that they no longer serve lunch we headed over to Raglan Road in December and it was so good. Both DH and I can't wait to go back in May. Their bangers and mash were even better than R&C. DH still talks about their chowder and I dream about that Bread and Butter Pudding. :cloud9: Try something different as you may find a new favorite.

I try to book at least 1-2 new restaurants each trip. I used to go to Rose & Crown every trip since Spring of 1983 as it's been a tradition. Now that they no longer serve lunch we headed over to Raglan Road in December and it was so good. Both DH and I can't wait to go back in May. Their bangers and mash were even better than R&C. DH still talks about their chowder and I dream about that Bread and Butter Pudding. :cloud9: Try something different as you may find a new favorite.
Will be trying Topolinos if I get a reservation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter