Does anyone else hate they keep going back to the same restaurants?

Not sure if you've seen they sometimes have the walk-up list available for breakfast, might be worth checking for that. If not check-out one of those "reservation" services that give you an alert when there is availability etc. Assuming you can't get a reservation at 60 days. Hope you all enjoy it!
If you don’t mind taking a chance I often see reservations for breakfast become available the night before

It's amazing how many good reservations you can find last minute like that!
Our last trip to WDW in Oct 22 was like that. I couldn't get an ADR for the Rose & Crown at 60 days, but got one 3 or 4 days before the date.

We eat at the same places each trip, more for nostalgia than anything else. . . . For us it’s not a Disney trip without visiting “our” places.
This is exactly us. If we had APs or went multiple times per year, I'm sure we would branch out and try everything. But we go only once a year --- and, as the kids get older, tradition and nostalgia have taken center stage. It's much less about the food to us and much more about the memories, the traditions, and the experience.

Nostalgia is okay but the food has got to be good. There are a few restaurants that we used go to a lot that I wouldn't be back to because the food isn't great or there isn't anything that interests me. If I didn't venture out I never would have discovered Jungle Skipper Canteen, Toledo, Three Bridges, and Raglan Road just to name a few. I've got other favorites now and can make new memories. Sanaa is another one that comes to mind that took me years to try. Wonderful experience!

Last edited:
Nostalgia is okay but the food has got to be good. There are a few restaurants that we used go to a lot that I wouldn't be back to because the food isn't great or there isn't anything that interests me. If I didn't venture out I never would have discovered Jungle Skipper Canteen, Toledo, Three Bridges, and Raglan Road just to name a few. I've got other favorites now and can make new memories. Sanaa is another one that comes to mind that took me years to try. Wonderful experience!
This is a good point. Staying at different resorts is also a good way to be "forced" into trying new things/places. Three bridges is excellent, and Skipper Canteen has become our go to place for a meal on our MK day (plus it serve the Kungaloosh Beer!).

I definitely have "go-tos" and desire to step out of a comfort zone, but that's the advantage of longer trips. I first went to the Jungle Skipper Canteen in 2021 and was kicking myself at not having done so before! Now it's another go-to alongside Be Our Guest. Paddlefish was always my go-to at Disney Springs but now I'm gonna shake that up after getting a bit bored of their samey menu and lack of crab/seafood boil.

I definitely have "go-tos" and desire to step out of a comfort zone, but that's the advantage of longer trips. I first went to the Jungle Skipper Canteen in 2021 and was kicking myself at not having done so before! Now it's another go-to alongside Be Our Guest. Paddlefish was always my go-to at Disney Springs but now I'm gonna shake that up after getting a bit bored of their samey menu and lack of crab/seafood boil.
Have you tried Wine Bar George? We tried that for the first time last year, will certainly be going back!

We go to WDW twice a year. Like others we have our favorite restaurants, however, one of our traditions is to try a new restaurant each trip. Typically these are TS and of course the menu must be appealing or we just wouldn't try it. We have had great success with this part of our planning. We find that like anything restaurants make changes, get new chefs etc. and some no longer appeal to us and we take those off our list and replace them with one of our new favorites. After a few years we may go back and give an old favorite a new try. It's fun because we always have something new for each trip.

We go to WDW twice a year. Like others we have our favorite restaurants, however, one of our traditions is to try a new restaurant each trip. Typically these are TS and of course the menu must be appealing or we just wouldn't try it. We have had great success with this part of our planning. We find that like anything restaurants make changes, get new chefs etc. and some no longer appeal to us and we take those off our list and replace them with one of our new favorites. After a few years we may go back and give an old favorite a new try. It's fun because we always have something new for each trip.
This is a good point, we used to love the Burger at the Brown Derby for lunch. Now it's gone, and we kinda lost our desire to go there. The Cobb salad isn't enough of a draw.

Now we've been frequenting Sci-Fi, someplace we hadn't been since like 2008.

This is a good point, we used to love the Burger at the Brown Derby for lunch. Now it's gone, and we kinda lost our desire to go there. The Cobb salad isn't enough of a draw.

Now we've been frequenting Sci-Fi, someplace we hadn't been since like 2008.
Funny you mention that burger. We had the Brown Derby scheduled for our trip in April 2022 and about a week before the trip I noticed they had taken the burger off the menu. Other than the Cobb salad, nothing else really appealed to us so we ended up canceling our reservation. It's odd to me when they remove popular items.

Funny you mention that burger. We had the Brown Derby scheduled for our trip in April 2022 and about a week before the trip I noticed they had taken the burger off the menu. Other than the Cobb salad, nothing else really appealed to us so we ended up canceling our reservation. It's odd to me when they remove popular items.
Makes me wish the Brown Derby Lounge was more like Nomad Lounge and had an indoor portion as well as the outdoor portion. Maybe they could make use of the defunct Starring Rolls bakery area. I would certainly stop in and grab the Grapefruit Cake Martini and a Cobb Salad once in a while.

I'm planning a trip for April and while jotting down the places I want to eat, I came to realize it's the exact ones I had for my last trip!

Boma, Sebastian's, Boathouse, Ohana, etc..

I keep wanting to try new places but have had such good experiences with these ones that I want something I know I will enjoy.

Anyone else feels that it happens to them?
I definitely feel we go to a lot of the same restaurants. But it’s hard to pass up Boma and Steakhouse 71. We do try and at least hit 1 new place. But overall, we love sticking to the usuals.

We also try to rotate some restaurants in and out, but definitely have our favorites like Yachtsman. We were finally able to go to Ohana last time because they got rid of the peanut oil (allergic daughter). Tried Regal Eagle then too (really good!). Doing an adults only trip in a few weeks - going to California Grill and V&A.

Every couple of trips my daughters will want to go back to places like Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, and 50s Prime Time, so those are a part of our regular rotation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter