Does anyone else hate they keep going back to the same restaurants?

I believe they adjust the quantity of the main plate which has the meats!
They do this at all the family style places, but I still avoid them on my solo trips because even scaling it down it's still an overwhelming amount of food for one person, I find. At least for me, lol. Some are better at scaling down than others--I found LTT to be much more manageable than Garden Grill, which I couldn't put a dent in. But at least Disney is really good about food waste (I learned from my server at GG that most of it is repurposed either as compost or for the animals at AK!).

They do this at all the family style places, but I still avoid them on my solo trips because even scaling it down it's still an overwhelming amount of food for one person, I find. At least for me, lol. Some are better at scaling down than others--I found LTT to be much more manageable than Garden Grill, which I couldn't put a dent in. But at least Disney is really good about food waste (I learned from my server at GG that most of it is repurposed either as compost or for the animals at AK!).
Is Garden Grill breakfast a family style meal? If they come out and serve a full plate of food, then I think I need to rethink my breakfast because I can't eat that much food.

Is Garden Grill breakfast a family style meal? If they come out and serve a full plate of food, then I think I need to rethink my breakfast because I can't eat that much food.
Yep, it's the same concept as lunch and dinner, just a different menu. I've not done breakfast there at all, just lunch, but it's one of the rare places I think I would only do with my partner. It was just waaay too much food for me.

Why would it be too frequent to visit the same places??

We have a 1/2 dozen favorites, and we visit one of them every couple of weeks (we are local). That means a repeat after three months (average).
That is not too often for a favorite imo.

We definitely have favorites, but they have changed over the years. This last trip we added some new places, ones we wanted to try and enjoyed them. Our most recent go-tos have been:
  1. Boathouse (lunch usually)
  2. Steakhouse 71 (breakfast only, though we have been finding that sometimes the breakfast grits there are awesome and sometimes NOT...so we haven't been as tempted to return)
  3. La Hacienda (shrimp tacos and guac are always good here and with rice enough for two to share)
We used to ALWAYS do Chef Mickey's (family tradition) and post-covid we LOVED the family style version of Chef Mickey's. We have not returned since it went back to buffet.

Last month we tried two new to us places:
  1. Polite Pig - lunch; we split the platter for two and added the turkey, we could have used a 3rd person to help us eat it
  2. Sebastians Bistro - dinner; this was one I'd been wanting to try and being at AoA and on the Skyliner it was easy to get to it; we really enjoyed it though I've read mixed reviews
I posted a quick dining report on the above and one of our go-tos that we did this last short trip.

I have an upcoming 2-night trip next month with my daughter, so her food preferences are different. Still trying to figure out what we may try for that one.

We definitely have favorites, but they have changed over the years. This last trip we added some new places, ones we wanted to try and enjoyed them. Our most recent go-tos have been:
  1. Boathouse (lunch usually)
  2. Steakhouse 71 (breakfast only, though we have been finding that sometimes the breakfast grits there are awesome and sometimes NOT...so we haven't been as tempted to return)
  3. La Hacienda (shrimp tacos and guac are always good here and with rice enough for two to share)
We used to ALWAYS do Chef Mickey's (family tradition) and post-covid we LOVED the family style version of Chef Mickey's. We have not returned since it went back to buffet.

Last month we tried two new to us places:
  1. Polite Pig - lunch; we split the platter for two and added the turkey, we could have used a 3rd person to help us eat it
  2. Sebastians Bistro - dinner; this was one I'd been wanting to try and being at AoA and on the Skyliner it was easy to get to it; we really enjoyed it though I've read mixed reviews
I posted a quick dining report on the above and one of our go-tos that we did this last short trip.

I have an upcoming 2-night trip next month with my daughter, so her food preferences are different. Still trying to figure out what we may try for that one.
The Bistro is so good every time I've gone, it really is sad some don't have a good experience cause of it's potential.

I always like to sprinkle in some new restaurants each trip if possible, plus a few 'favorites'. I was just up there a week ago, and got the chance to try Summer House and Woody's Roundup...both were new to me. But I often eat at Hacienda De San Angel, Steakhouse 71, Homecomin', Liberty Tree, and Topolino's as my somewhat regulars.

I'm one who had mixed bag with Sebastian's...I had eaten there back in 2015 and didn't like it much - I heard about a menu change in 2020 and decided to visit again, and loved it. So much so, I figured it was going to be a new regular spot. But then I went again in early 2023, and the menu had changed again to a 'family style' - not necessarily a bad thing so I tried it, but found it to be nowhere near as good - and it turned me off of going back. The 2020 visit had an a la carte type menu selection with what I found to be some very good selections and excellent quality - in 2023 with the family style, the food came out lukewarm, overcooked, and very bland/unseasoned - it definitely could have just been a bad visit, but after having discovered a new hidden gem in 2020, it was disappointing enough to turn me off of trying again, at least for a while.

I always like to sprinkle in some new restaurants each trip if possible, plus a few 'favorites'. I was just up there a week ago, and got the chance to try Summer House and Woody's Roundup...both were new to me. But I often eat at Hacienda De San Angel, Steakhouse 71, Homecomin', Liberty Tree, and Topolino's as my somewhat regulars.

I'm one who had mixed bag with Sebastian's...I had eaten there back in 2015 and didn't like it much - I heard about a menu change in 2020 and decided to visit again, and loved it. So much so, I figured it was going to be a new regular spot. But then I went again in early 2023, and the menu had changed again to a 'family style' - not necessarily a bad thing so I tried it, but found it to be nowhere near as good - and it turned me off of going back. The 2020 visit had an a la carte type menu selection with what I found to be some very good selections and excellent quality - in 2023 with the family style, the food came out lukewarm, overcooked, and very bland/unseasoned - it definitely could have just been a bad visit, but after having discovered a new hidden gem in 2020, it was disappointing enough to turn me off of trying again, at least for a while.
What did you think of Woody's? We're trying it on our April trip.

We have probably a dozen that are in the 'favorites' category, and we'll sprinkle them in most trips without hesitation (not all dozen each trip, of course!!). But we've had a rule for many, many years now - any trip more than 2 nights, we try a different dining experience - something we've not done before. That's often really easy during festival seasons when we graze through some amazing and different stands. But there are so many interesting restaurants around WDW parks and resorts and DS - it has not been a problem trying something new. Some are just OK, but many new experiences are outstanding. Part of the fun.

in 2023 with the family style, the food came out lukewarm, overcooked, and very bland/unseasoned - it definitely could have just been a bad visit,
This was exactly our experience this past December when we tried Sebastian's, definitely lukewarm and bland. It was very surprising to us. We picked this meal because we expected it to be very flavorful based on the descriptions and rave reviews. It most definitely was not.

I enjoyed Woody's - the food was decent BBQ - not quite top-level stuff, but most was good. The brisket, sausage, and chicken were best in my book as far as meats go - the ribs were a little tough and not quite as good but still edible. I liked the sauce selection - ended up liking the spicy the best, mixed with a little sweet for the chicken. I liked the corn and baked beans, mac & cheese was serviceable but not outstanding. Cornbread was pretty good.

I think I'd probably stick it near the same level as Whispering Canyon - good, lots of it, but not quite top-level BBQ. I'll visit again.

I don't hate going back to the same places...I look forward to it on every return trip!!

I have always gravitated towards the EPCOT restaurants and the same few places at the resorts, specifically Beaches & Cream, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Flying Fish, and Cape May Cafe.

As you can see, I also seem to wind up at YC/BC a LOT. The reason? Stormalong Bay.

Every trip, we have some favorites that we go back to. But, we also always add 1 or 2 new restaurants each trip. Some of these have become must do restaurants and others are one and done.

I don't hate going back to the same places...I look forward to it on every return trip!!

I have always gravitated towards the EPCOT restaurants and the same few places at the resorts, specifically Beaches & Cream, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Flying Fish, and Cape May Cafe.

As you can see, I also seem to wind up at YC/BC a LOT. The reason? Stormalong Bay.
I may have to go get a No Way Jose sundae from Beaches & Cream... I haven't been there in a while :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter