Does anyone else have this problem?

SmithSmith

DIS Veteran
Lately, this Disboards webpage just randomly and repeatedly transfers me to a good housekeeping webpage. Does this happen to anyone else? :confused3

Yup happens on my ipad from time to time and only here
Just happened when I clicked the Disney gift card thread, this page opened instead http://lemode-mgz.com/brains/indexb...=HsOJsCzrs7&p=http://www.disboards.com&dtd=39
I hit the back arrow and the original thread loaded

Yeah, that's the exact webpage! On my iPad too. But it doesn't happen just once, it repeatedly goes back to it. I finally have to just close down the browser and start all over again to finally make it stop. This is very recent occurrence. I'm not a techie at all, do you think this is a disboards problem or a safari problem?

It's been happening on my iPad for months. It seems as if there are hidden links for advertisers embedded in the right hand margin and I hit one occasionally. Since many websites receive payment for every click which redirects someone to that site, it seems like a very shady way to generate revenue. I have no problem clicking on ads that I find interesting or relevant to my life, but I hate the random ones that come out of the blue, that have nothing to offer that interests me, and seem to happen far more here than any other site that I go to.

It's been happening on my iPad for months. It seems as if there are hidden links for advertisers embedded in the right hand margin and I hit one occasionally. Since many websites receive payment for every click which redirects someone to that site, it seems like a very shady way to generate revenue. I have no problem clicking on ads that I find interesting or relevant to my life, but I hate the random ones that come out of the blue, that have nothing to offer that interests me, and seem to happen far more here than any other site that I go to.

Mine happen without touching the screen.

That's also been randomly happening to me when using my android phone but not the desktop....bizarre to say the least :confused3

I started ONLY using the Disboards on private browsing. Otherwise, I got all kinds of issues with my computer. It got to the point where I am close to not going on here anymore really.

The ads are one thing, but there are way too many of them. And, I had gotten some virus problems which I know where from here. Not an issue now that I do private browsing (no cookies kept).

I started ONLY using the Disboards on private browsing. Otherwise, I got all kinds of issues with my computer. It got to the point where I am close to not going on here anymore really.

The ads are one thing, but there are way too many of them. And, I had gotten some virus problems which I know where from here. Not an issue now that I do private browsing (no cookies kept).

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that.

I am THIS CLOSE to not coming here again now. I keep getting warnings lately when I'm here even private. Some kind of Data Execution Error warning. I am not sure what's going on. I'd miss this place, but it's not worth it!

I had the "good housekeeping" page problem yesterday, every time I clicked on a specific thread (don't remember which one now). Every time I tried to read that thread, it kicked me off to the other page.

I was on my PC using Google Chrome, so it is not a Safari problem, nor an i-device problem.

Wow! Going on the 2 pages! I think this has been my most popular thread! :lmao:

So it's clearly a Disboards AD problem. Right?

Anyone know if this has been an issue in the past? Do we just have to deal with this? Do we have any power to get the AD service changed? Any suggestions?

Wow! Going on the 2 pages! I think this has been my most popular thread! :lmao:

So it's clearly a Disboards AD problem. Right?

Anyone know if this has been an issue in the past? Do we just have to deal with this? Do we have any power to get the AD service changed? Any suggestions?
I have not seen it in the past, and it wouldn't be their ad service, it would be in the coding of the site in order to maximize the number of paid clicks. Unfortunately, the people who pay for clicks (to an advertising site) really WANT real clicks and interest, so this kind of situation doesn't do the advertiser any good, and it costs them a lot of $$. It also appears to have generated a bit of discontent amongst the ranks of the regular posters here. That is just my 2¢ worth, and I could be wrong as this is just off the top of my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter