Does anyone else have this problem?

It's happened to me twice today on my laptop (one of the times was when I opened this thread...go figure). Very annoying!

Weird things happening to me, too, on my tablet today.

I eventually had to just close out the site.

It's been happening on my iPad for months. It seems as if there are hidden links for advertisers embedded in the right hand margin and I hit one occasionally.

I don't have a touchscreen on my laptop, so I'm not doing that.

I'll navigate to a thread (I generally open in a new tab) and start scrolling without touching cursor to anything, and boom, a new tab opens with the GH page.

It's been going on with me, happening more and more often, for a couple months. I'm SO glad I'm not alone.

Happens in the app too, on my iphone, where it opens a game purchase page in my app store.

I haven't had any problems on my Mac, but when using the app it will redirect me to the app store for a game of some kind. Has anyone else experienced this?

I haven't had any problems on my Mac, but when using the app it will redirect me to the app store for a game of some kind. Has anyone else experienced this?

My experience is exactly the same -- no problems on my macbook but occasionally when using the app on my iPhone I get redirected to the app store. Sometimes its for games, sometimes for shopping apps, etc. Very annoying!!

ETA: As soon as I submitted this, I was redirected to the Wayfair homepage. Doh!

Happens to me too, every time I'm on the app through my iPhone. I don't use the app on the iPad, so no experience there.

I have not seen it in the past, and it wouldn't be their ad service, it would be in the coding of the site in order to maximize the number of paid clicks. Unfortunately, the people who pay for clicks (to an advertising site) really WANT real clicks and interest, so this kind of situation doesn't do the advertiser any good, and it costs them a lot of $$. It also appears to have generated a bit of discontent amongst the ranks of the regular posters here. That is just my 2¢ worth, and I could be wrong as this is just off the top of my head.

Ok. Thanks for letting us know. So who is responsible for coding? Who should we be complaining to?

Ok. Thanks for letting us know. So who is responsible for coding? Who should we be complaining to?
That would be whomever is in charge of the disboards. It is their site, their coding, and (I presume) their money from ads.

For now, this thread is still running and the more people that know about it, the more likely something will change to make it stop happening. Unfortunately, there is little we can do other than complain. If it becomes a real issue for them, as far as unhappy users goes, I'm sure they will change it.

Other than that, the only alternative option I can think of is :badpc:

On my iPhone I was constantly having the page change to ads in app store. Getting excessive and now my DisBoards app is not functioning correctly saying I have no access because I'm not logged in but then I try to log in and it says I am do I want to log out, even after deleting and starting over. At point now I'm ready to delete it for good.

I only come here on my desktop computer or my iPhone. I have had no problems with either taking me to an ad website but I do not use the DIS app either. I google DIS when I want to read. Maybe it's in the app?

No problems on my macbook pro, but I don't even use the app anymore. It keeps redirecting me to the app store every couple of minutes or so. I tried deleting it and re-installing, and it still happens. Very annoying.

Good to know it's not just me, either.

I'm running a full scan on my PC -- and will double check for malware. Yuck.

I only come here on my desktop computer or my iPhone. I have had no problems with either taking me to an ad website but I do not use the DIS app either. I google DIS when I want to read. Maybe it's in the app?

Using my computer, I'm not on an application. Just the site.

I haven't had that happen on my PC, probably because I use ad blocking software (easy to find, google it for your browser).

The app has become almost useless. If you want to continue using it, you will have to disable the app store in your settings (on i devices). That will prevent the hijacking of your browser/app.

Sorry android users, you're out of luck. WM's have stated the app won't be fixed.

www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

I haven't had that happen on my PC, probably because I use ad blocking software (easy to find, google it for your browser).

I'm running an ad blocker too and have had no problems. :thumbsup2

That's what I was thinking. I use an ad blocker on my computer, and on my phone I keep all the unnecessary apps cut off so as not to run the battery life down any more than it has to. That includes the app store. I don't like a lot of downloads on either my phone or computer, and I just recently cleaned out my phone from any apps I really don't use. I even have my MDE app turned off, as I don't actively need it at this time, and I deleted facebook and a few other apps which seemed to be "freezing" the phone up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter