Does anyone else's rose cup turn on by itself?

Piglet_Mom

Earning My Ears
We picked up one of the enchanted rose cups at BOG on our trip a little over a month ago. On three separate occasions now we have found the cup on when it should have been off. The cup is out of reach for children and pets, and we can't think of any reason the cup should have turned on. Has this happened to anyone else?

This is just a hunch, given that I have never seen one of these cups in person to know how they are designed, but is there any chance that water got into the switch/battery area? I ask this because my son got a "blinky" cup at a restaurant one time and we took it home and hand washed it. While the replaceable battery compartment had a seal, it wasn't a high quality item and a small amount of water still managed to sneak its way in. Somehow, it was completing the circuit (or some such thing...while we have four engineers in our family, I am not one of them!), causing the blinky lights to malfunction. We never could get it dried out well and ended up with some corrosion inside, which eventually led to our throwing the cup away. If you think moisture might be an issue, you could try opening it up and drying it out to see if that helps.

Personally, I like this rationale much better!

Isn't is supposed to do that when you find true love?:sunny:

This is just a hunch, given that I have never seen one of these cups in person to know how they are designed, but is there any chance that water got into the switch/battery area?

Unfortunately, this can't be the answer to our mystery. Our cup has never held a beverage.

Unfortunately, this can't be the answer to our mystery. Our cup has never held a beverage.
Ours has never held a beverage either, I had written on another thread that the battery inside the top has turned brown from corrosion and after checking the board to see if anyone else's had that, I came across your post. Our experience isn't the same, but regardless, cup seems poorly made:(
Top is sitting on our counter now. I don't have the heart to throw it away yet but with the corrosion I know I should. Although if it starts to go off by itself maybe I'll use it as a nightlight:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter