Does anyone still feel sad that Disney removed Tower of Terror?

I always loved the look of Tower of Terror inside and out, but was not a big fan of the ride itself. I'm not a fan of that type of drop. I was still sad when they decided to change it, but I rode Guardians twice this week and the theming and ride are fantastic- not sad at all anymore that TOT is gone. The first time we got Give Up the Funk which I think is the most intense and although it was great, I wasn't sure I would ever get on it again! I was shaky getting off. To me it felt a lot more intense than TOT. The line was not that long when we walked by a couple of days later and DH really wanted to ride it so I got on it again and we got hit me with your best shot- having that fun song playing made me less terrified and I absolutely loved that one. So cute and fun! Both sequences were great, but so far that one is my favorite. I will ride it again and it is not going to take a lot of twisting my arm. TOT, I would ride once a trip because DH wanted to, but I kind of dreaded the ride. Now, I am excited to ride Guardians again even with the more intense drops.

At least we have this.... :confused3
I guess I still can't believe Disney would get rid of the TOT though. Still confuses me.

At least we have this.... :confused3
I guess I still can't believe Disney would get rid of the TOT though. Still confuses me.

They had to change it. Their rights to the Twilight Zone concept are expiring fairly soon (WDW's last a little longer, but it'll expire within the next five years, I think), and they had no choice but to remove that theme.

Last edited:

CBS did not renew the licensing agreement for Twilight Zone with Disneyland so they had til 2018 I believe, to change. It may have been 2019. I will find the articles next week when we are home.

How short sighted of them! (CBS) How many kids, or even young adults, would even know what Twilight zone is except for exposure via the TOT ride? It seems to me that CBS has cut off their best source of advertising. I wonder, what were they hoping to gain?

Bob

The up and down part of the ride is still fun. So officially I'm one of the people smiling on it. After we waited 40+ broiling minutes in that line earlier today with the loud music and weird noises and the look of a really bad museum.

But the theming is awful. Giant TVs on high fake color blast making everything look ridiculous, a storyline I could not care less about and makes very little sense.

We have FPs for later and I'll go with my son but after that I'm fairly sure I'm done with it.

The up and down part of the ride is still fun. So officially I'm one of the people smiling on it. After we waited 40+ broiling minutes in that line earlier today with the loud music and weird noises and the look of a really bad museum.

But the theming is awful. Giant TVs on high fake color blast making everything look ridiculous, a storyline I could not care less about and makes very little sense.

We have FPs for later and I'll go with my son but after that I'm fairly sure I'm done with it.

Thank you for validating my criticism. I felt like I was the only one in a sea of people who just "LOVE" the new ride. I felt more annoyed by the loudness and insulted by the ugly aesthetics than anything else. I still haven't gone back on it, and it's been about a month. No desire.

Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!!!! This is the first time i'm hearing about this, call me a rookie (i know) but I can't believe they got ride of ToT! This makes me so sad, I can't believe this!

ToT was always my favorite ride at WDW. I was at DCA 2 weeks ago and went in thinking as long as it still goes up and drops, I don't care about the theme. OMG - I loved it! The rock music, more drops, it was awesome! Rode it 4 times over the week, twice early morning and twice fastpass.

Are you referring to the GOTG ride?

I only got to ride the DCA TOT only twice. It sucks! Everyone else on here talks about how they went on it more. I'm jealous!

Are you referring to the GOTG ride?

Of course. That's what we're talking about here. After all. The former TOT turned travesty. I was against the change and now I've experienced it and reported back.

Turned out we did not, in fact, use our FPs on Minday. Even my son didn't care to reride.

Oh and people squashed against one wall in the "story"line room, just under where Rocket shows up, and though the sound was coming from the screen. They were very confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter