Does park hopping often hit capacity at DL and DCA?

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all. WDW veteran here going to DL for the first time. park hopping rarely hits capacity at WDW, (i think I only heard of one time it happened, but it could be more). How often does park hopping hit capacity (if at all) at Disneyland?
The reason I'm asking is that if we have dining reservations at a certain park can we park hop there if it hit capacity? (i'm afraid I know the answer to this, and sadly I should have planned ADRs better without assuming I could hop).
thanks.

To date hasn’t happened. The reservation system is a tool for Disney and no longer a Covid requirement. It may actually keep the parks from going over full capacity, having those set number of daily reservations available. Before reservations, capacity was only reached a few times. You should be just fine with ADR’s during your after 1pm hopping time.

Mid-March, when we're going, is already starting to fill up for single ticket days! Because that's spring break time for locals (and is usually crazy), AZ and for Canadians (many that are ready to blow a gasket from being cooped up without any US vacation for over two years) I'm thinking that could be the time we see it reach capacity!

Can you still enter the park if it's reached capacity and you have a Hopper reservation and are entering for the first time? We arrive on a Saturday at around 4pm - first park being DCA. Would be really sad if we were turned away... 😕

Mid-March, when we're going, is already starting to fill up for single ticket days! Because that's spring break time for locals (and is usually crazy), AZ and for Canadians (many that are ready to blow a gasket from being cooped up without any US vacation for over two years) I'm thinking that could be the time we see it reach capacity!

Can you still enter the park if it's reached capacity and you have a Hopper reservation and are entering for the first time? We arrive on a Saturday at around 4pm - first park being DCA. Would be really sad if we were turned away... 😕
I’ve only heard of capacity issues at xmas & New Years.

The California parks have not ever reached capacity since the pandemic reopening but going off of what happened in WDW, if a park hits capacity, people with reservations for that park would be able to get in but people who made reservations for other parks could not park hop in.

The chances of either park hitting capacity on some day in March is highly unlikely and assuming the system is the same as WDW, you would be able to get in to DCA but not Disneyland on that day.

Part of my group hadn’t committed to tickets yet for our Mid-March trip and now they’ve had to buy hoppers instead of single day, 1 park tickets just to make park reservations as they only had DL available to book the week of 3/13-3/17. Something might have opened up, but then it might not have. I’m having serious regrets choosing that as my first days back to the resort in 3 years. With all the on-site resorts completely sold out and most of the surrounding popular hotels, i anticipate it being much more busy than I’d planned for. Silly me for pulling my kid from school and thinking I was beating the spring break crowds :scared:

Part of my group hadn’t committed to tickets yet for our Mid-March trip and now they’ve had to buy hoppers instead of single day, 1 park tickets just to make park reservations as they only had DL available to book the week of 3/13-3/17. Something might have opened up, but then it might not have. I’m having serious regrets choosing that as my first days back to the resort in 3 years. With all the on-site resorts completely sold out and most of the surrounding popular hotels, i anticipate it being much more busy than I’d planned for. Silly me for pulling my kid from school and thinking I was beating the spring break crowds :scared:

Yup, I just recently changed my dates to 3/12-3/15, but thankfully we have hoppers, so I was able to change my reservation without issue.

I think reservations selling out a month in advance is very telling! But if our reservation guarantees our late entry on our arrival day, regardless of capacity, I'm not fussed if it's super busy. We'll be there at rope drop for the other 3 days. And it's always crazy when I go! 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter