• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Does Peter have to come to Disney with Us???"

Victoriasmom98

DIS Veteran
Ok folks....those who shall remain nameless (Pam aka 3princesses+aprince) talked me into doing a pretrip report for my upcoming September 2010 trip to Disney and for my wedding and blending of families. I bet it's because she wants to see if I have spell check....or if I'm really boring before we have a Dismeet. Yeah, I think the latter is the REAL reason. :rotfl: So, I'm going to get a photobucket account up and running and try to post a link to my signature and see what happens......

(Please Lord, don't let me look like an idiot....give me the courage to write creatively, the strength to use spell check and the courage to know when to shut up!!!)

So, let's start with the cast of characters.....

My DD 11 (will be 12 in February) Victoria......

victoriaatthefair.jpg

She and I have been the 2 peas in a pod since I divorced her father when she was 4. It's been she and I against the world since then. She's not as much as a Disney fanatic as I am but I'll get her there!!! hee, hee. She's had her share of trials so far in her 11 years so I tend to spoil her and try to "make up for it". She was born with infant torticollis which basically means her head and neck muscles didn't develop as they should have while I was pregnant. She wore a head cast for 6 months to shape her head properly and had physical therapy for the first 2 years of her life. When she was 5, we discovered she had a tethered spinal cord which required surgery to fix. Her tethered spinal cord made potty training extremely difficult (as she didn't feel when she had to go) and it has caused recurring UTI's which have continued to this day. She does she a Pediatric Nephrologist in Portland, Maine so we are working on it. After her surgery she had an additional 2 years of physical therapy. She's doing great, though, even though she will never be great at team sports or any activity that requires lots of balance. It was also around the time she was 5 when my dad, her beloved Pepere passed away of a massive heart attack. That prompted me to realize that life is too short to be miserable, so I divorced Victoria's father that same year.

Then there's me......cancer survivor, lap band patient and mother extrodinairre...(yeah, seriously I don't think that highly of myself, really!!!).....Now a funny thing happened while I was at work trying to put a picture of myself in this post.....a virus came in and attacked my computer...so here I was trying to discreetly start a pretrip report at work, after 4pm (I leave at 5pm) and ooops, Ann crashed the computer. So, I had to explain to OIT why and how I got a virus into the computer. Fortunately our OIT team is awesome and it took about one hour for them to fix it. You can see my picture in my avatar so there is really no need for me to put another one (and crash my home computer now that I'm home! I don't have an OIT team for my home computer....awe......)

Finally, there is my husband to be Peter.......

DSCF2267.jpg

As a little background here--- I had a pretty bad first marriage and I definitely was NEVER, EVER going to get married again or ever let anyone have control over me and my life again. I had dated, but nothing too serious as my first priority was and is Victoria. I was certainly not going to bring someone into our lives who I had no intention of remaining with. Then I met Peter.......yes, online.......Now I know what you all must be thinking ----ewwww! And I really didn't think anything would come out of it either. But, here I am. He's from the same type of French Catholic background as I am and we have so many things in common. He actually does the same type of work that my Dad did. (My Dad passed away in 2002). He's really an amazing man and he's taken to Victoria like she was his own child. Victoria seems to love him, too.

There's the cast for you. We've decided to get married on the beach along the ocean here in Maine. I am still trying to impress on Victoria that this trip to Disney should be a family trip, but we are still working on that one. See, she and I had planned this trip before Peter came into the picture, so it was planned as a Mama & daughter thing. Hey, things change, right????

We are planning on staying at Pop Century from September 23rd through October 4th. I've never stayed on property before, so this is going to be exciting!! I decided on Pop because they don't share their buses! I've stayed many times off property and the Disney transportation is such a big bonus for staying on property!! I have also been to Disney during Chrismas time twice and wanted to see what Halloween was like this time around. I love Halloween and the MNSSHP sounds like soooo much fun! I'm a big kid at heart, what can I say. I've also read that Fort Wilderness campground has a haunted carriage ride that I would love to take part in. I'll have to look into that as the dates get closer. I'm also hoping for the DDP to be offered FREE during our stay, but again, it's a wait and see type of thing. The general thought is that Disney will probably offer the QSDP for Value resort guests, so I may have to tweek my plans a bit. I'm not sure if I want to pay the difference to upgrade to the DDP or just go with the QSDP. I'm reading others' pre-trip reports and getting lots of information from them, so we'll see.....

I work full time so planning a trip and wedding has to happen on breaks, lunches, and weekends. It's actually pretty fun! My wedding is not going to be a huge production so it should all fall into place just fine. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the venues to make sure the dates are available. If not, well then Plan B......so, I don't have a Plan B at the moment, but I will if need be. I will continue to edit and add on as needed but so far I'm only talking to myself and I can put up with me pretty well........

Hi Ann~

Congrats on the Pre-Trippie!!! It looks like me, you, and Pam will be in the World all at the same time!!!!!! I am staying at Pop Century as well from the 20th-25th so I might see you there!!!! Pam also said if she doesn't stay at CBR that she will be at Pop as well- isn't that great, we'll probably all run smack into eachother :rotfl2:.

Oh and by the way, I don't think you will have any problem on getting your little girl to love disney :cloud9:- it is just in the air when you get there.

Have a great night!!!

Hi Janine!! Welcome to my report.......it may be quite boring at times, but I'm glad you are here!!! I really hope Pam and her family stay at Pop, too, so we can all have a Dismeet, but we'll see!!!

Ok, I rushed over here as soon as I found out, and I wanted to be first, but Janine beat me to it! :goodvibes

So, you're already off to a good start, I told you, you could do it! We all just want to hear each other's plans and we know we're all obsessive planners on here or we probably wouldn't be here :lmao: So, you'll do great!

And a cancer surviver, wow, congratulations. And your little girl certainly has been through a lot!

You, me and janine are definitely going to get together, we're gonna have fun!! And we're going to have fun planning together for the next 8 months!!:banana:

Oh, and i'm hoping as well for that free DDP! If we end up going with POP, and they offer the QSDP to the values I hope we'll be able to upgrade, cause I know we want to do the regular DDP this year. We did QSDP last May and while we had no complaints and fully enjoyed it, we want to try something different!!!

Ok, I rushed over here as soon as I found out, and I wanted to be first, but Janine beat me to it! :goodvibes

So, you're already off to a good start, I told you, you could do it! We all just want to hear each other's plans and we know we're all obsessive planners on here or we probably wouldn't be here :lmao: So, you'll do great!

And a cancer surviver, wow, congratulations. And your little girl certainly has been through a lot!

You, me and janine are definitely going to get together, we're gonna have fun!! And we're going to have fun planning together for the next 8 months!!:banana:

Oh, and i'm hoping as well for that free DDP! If we end up going with POP, and they offer the QSDP to the values I hope we'll be able to upgrade, cause I know we want to do the regular DDP this year. We did QSDP last May and while we had no complaints and fully enjoyed it, we want to try something different!!!

7 MONTHS Pam 7 MONTHS!!!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I know, I know, 7 months to go!!!! Hey , that rhymed, go me! I was chanting it in my head while I was typing it. No, just kidding ;)

And we have another September Diser along!!!!

September is my favorite month to go I think. We honeymooned there and keep going back for our anniversary. This year makes 10. :woohoo:

September is my favorite month to go I think. We honeymooned there and keep going back for our anniversary. This year makes 10. :woohoo:

Welcom OhioDisneyLover!!! Not sure how exciting you will find this report, but hey, thanks for joining in on the fun!!!

And Pam, I guess you were just a little too slow to be the first one...hee! Hee!:rotfl:

Ok, so let's see.....where was I before I invited a virus into my computer at work??? Oh, yes...just gabbing away as usual. We did have some developments over the weekend, though. Victoria has decided that she is "thinking" about letting Peter come with us to Disney. Can you folks believe this??? This is quite a bit step for her! She may be growing up after all! So, I'm crunching numbers to see what the difference in costs would be with and without the DDP....fun times! I'm thinking Peter will actually end up going with us! Yeah! We may actually be having a Disneymoon!! :dance3: And I'm going to put Peter in the Mickey wedding ears!

Peter and I went to a bridal show yesterday and I now have decided on a cake (I think). It has, of course, a Mickey and Minnie in their wedding outfits little statue. It was soooo cute! We did sample the cake and it was excellent. The only thing that bugs me a little is that there is a delivery charge since we are getting married along the coast. But, I look at it this way, I loved the taste of it, I loved the design, so what's a little extra in delivery when I know what I'm getting. If I chose a baker closer to the venue, I will have to go meet with them, look at their designs, etc. and I already know this one. Hmm......decisions, decisions! Also, I received an email back from the restaurant we are having the reception at and yes, it's available. I will be going down sometime in the next 2 weeks to sign the contract and put down the deposit. Yahoooooooo!!! I am so excited that it's available as I know it's only 7 months away and that's cutting it close. I did get to talk with a DJ I really liked at the bridal show, too. It's a husband and wife team and she was just so full of energy and excitment that I really was impressed. I have to look into that more, though. Thank goodness everyone has websites and Facebook pages nowadays! You can do a lot of research online. My invitations are all designed (I did them myself) and I will just need to print those out. I think I know what I want for little favors, but that can change 10 times before the wedding. Peter states he knows a good photographer, so this really is all falling into place. :flower3:

Now the money part, because now you all know I'm a single mom with one income.......My mom talked to me last night and is letting me have the shares she has in my name in the stock market. It was going to come to her children upon her death, but she has been giving it some thought. Then she was going to wait until Christmas, but felt with everything I have going on, I really could use it now. :thumbsup2 So, it's not a small fortune or anything, but let's just say I don't have to worry about putting a deposit down on my Disney trip!!!:rotfl: OH, thank you God!!! (ok, and Mom). Between that and my tax refund, I may actually be able to get out of credit card HELL:mad: and be able to have a nice wedding and nice Disney trip! What am I saying --- a NICE Disney trip??? How about TOTALLY WICKEDLY AWESOME Disney trip! I mean after all, is there anything else????:lmao: You guys just don't know how stressful my financial situation has been. See, I work for State government and our raises have been frozen for 2 years and we are now required to take 13 unpaid shutdown days per year. That really hurts!!! I live paycheck to paycheck as it is, so that was quite the blow. I know, I am lucky to still have my job as other State governments have chosen to lay off their workers. And I am extremely lucky to have a portion of my health insurance paid, but still, it's been hard!:scared:

So, all in all, I'd say things are ok right now. I know the other shoe could drop at any time, but I'm enjoying this while it lasts. I also want to say that I love all the friends I've made on this board! :grouphug: I don't feel so all alone as I know you are reading this and listening to what I have to say. Now, if only I could lose 75lbs, have my diabetes in control and lower my cholesterol, life would really be perfect, huh????:yay:

I figured I'd share some pictures.....I'm rethinking the cake as I really like this one......I can always put a Mickey & Minnie topper on it.....

cake371.jpg

And here's a picture of the beach the ceremony will be on....

waves.jpg

[/SIZE]

Oh very nice pictures Ann. I was looking at a cake online that looked a lot like that! That would be perfect for you on the beach!!!

Glad to hear that Peter may be coming to Disney with you guys. I'm sure you'll all have so much fun together. I have my bridal show in 2 weeks, it sounded like you got to see a lot at yours, so that's what i'm hoping for with mine!!!
A DJ is what i'm going to be working on next. My brother and his girlfriend are taking care of our cake, I just need to pick it out of course, We already have an officiant, and our save the date cards are being sent out this week.
I've been thinking about centerpieces and favors as well ,but keep changing my mind too :headache:

Oh, between the wedding and the Disney Trip, i'm going to drive myself batty!!

OMG Pam.....have you been pricing DJ's??? I don't know what it is in your area, but the cheapest one that I've found is $630 and that's with the bridal show discount special that he gave. Ugh! The one I really liked was $925!! This is for 4 hours!!! Must be a nice job if you can get it! Maybe I'll just load up my ipod with 500 or so songs and hook it up to speakers and let it go! I do want an announcer like person to say it's time to cut the cake and stuff like that. Heck, maybe one of my brothers could act as an announcer. I just think those prices are so ridiculous! Besides, I've been through this before and I have other ideas for $600!!!:rolleyes1 Now you can't go batty with Disney and wedding planning because if I recall correctly, you are the one who said I could do both!!!:rotfl: Boy, I'm blaming alot on you now aren't I??? My pretrip report, my wedding.......ok, fine!!! Both were my decisions....you just pointed me in the right direction. :hippie:

OMG Ann!!! That wedding cake is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I think a Mickey/Minnie topper would look great!!! Make sure you fed-ex a piece of that to NJ!!!!!!!!! I also loved the betas. My cousin got married on the beach a few years back and it was pretty. She had her reception at a firehall, but everything was beach themed. Her favors were those chocolate lollipops on a stick shaped as shells, and she even had mint ones- they were soooo good!!! Can't wait to hear more!!! And congrats on Victoria giving Pete the ok to tagalong!!!!

OMG Pam.....have you been pricing DJ's??? I don't know what it is in your area, but the cheapest one that I've found is $630 and that's with the bridal show discount special that he gave. Ugh! The one I really liked was $925!! This is for 4 hours!!! Must be a nice job if you can get it! Maybe I'll just load up my ipod with 500 or so songs and hook it up to speakers and let it go! I do want an announcer like person to say it's time to cut the cake and stuff like that. Heck, maybe one of my brothers could act as an announcer. I just think those prices are so ridiculous! Besides, I've been through this before and I have other ideas for $600!!!:rolleyes1 Now you can't go batty with Disney and wedding planning because if I recall correctly, you are the one who said I could do both!!!:rotfl: Boy, I'm blaming alot on you now aren't I??? My pretrip report, my wedding.......ok, fine!!! Both were my decisions....you just pointed me in the right direction. :hippie:

Oh, yes I have been. Cheapest we've found is $650. I do have another one in mind to call if my mother's friend's friend isn't available. We found out my mom's friend's friend is a DJ and he was checking to see if he was available and what he would give us for a price. So, I'm really hoping for some good luck there. If not, my SIL told me that she paid $500 for 5 hours with hers, so i'm calling them next. At this point if I could get one for $500, I guess i'll be happy, even though, I agree, WAY too much money!

Ok, i'm sorry, I know I have to keep my sanity for you! I did tell you it could be done, and we'll both get through it and be fine.

And guess what!!! WE CHANGED OUR MINDS AND ARE GOING WITH POP CENTURY!!!! We'll both be getting married and then be on our Disney trips at the same time, same resort! Pretty cool, huh!

Hi Ann!! Love your story and am looking forward to reading more!! Our last trip was this past September and we had a great time! I really love the end of September!! :cool1:

Oh, yes I have been. Cheapest we've found is $650. I do have another one in mind to call if my mother's friend's friend isn't available. We found out my mom's friend's friend is a DJ and he was checking to see if he was available and what he would give us for a price. So, I'm really hoping for some good luck there. If not, my SIL told me that she paid $500 for 5 hours with hers, so i'm calling them next. At this point if I could get one for $500, I guess i'll be happy, even though, I agree, WAY too much money!

Ok, i'm sorry, I know I have to keep my sanity for you! I did tell you it could be done, and we'll both get through it and be fine.

And guess what!!! WE CHANGED OUR MINDS AND ARE GOING WITH POP CENTURY!!!! We'll both be getting married and then be on our Disney trips at the same time, same resort! Pretty cool, huh!

OH, Yay!!! Pam and her family are staying at POP!!! I am sooooooooooo excited!!! Now you, Janine and I will definitely get together!!! Maybe the girls (and Anthony because Victoria thinks he's cute!!) can go in the pool some afternoon! OH, this is awesome!!! Manny and Peter can talk about being "new" husbands and how crazy their wives are!!! OMG!!! I know Austin is a little young, but Janine, Bill and Austin can sit around with us too!!! :yay:
Now I need to know who made your Mickey head wedding design. I must have one!!! And I'll make Peter wear one, too!!!:rolleyes1

Hi Ann!! Love your story and am looking forward to reading more!! Our last trip was this past September and we had a great time! I really love the end of September!! :cool1:

Hi Mandy! Welcome to my craziness!!! I'm glad you like my story which is my life.....it kinda does read like an insane novel, doesn't it? So, you'll have to share your plans!!!!:woohoo: Actually, I'm going to sub to your PTR and read it when I get a minute. It's already 9:30pm and that's late for me. I have to appear in court for the agency tomorrow and I really should go to bed.....yeah, but I think I will probably end up reading yours.....hee...heee.....what's a little less sleep???

OMG Ann!!! That wedding cake is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I think a Mickey/Minnie topper would look great!!! Make sure you fed-ex a piece of that to NJ!!!!!!!!! I also loved the betas. My cousin got married on the beach a few years back and it was pretty. She had her reception at a firehall, but everything was beach themed. Her favors were those chocolate lollipops on a stick shaped as shells, and she even had mint ones- they were soooo good!!! Can't wait to hear more!!! And congrats on Victoria giving Pete the ok to tagalong!!!!

Thanks Janine!!! Boy, I don't know about faxing a piece to NJ!! It's only a 6 or so hour drive....just come on up! OH, and did you read the news.......Pam and her family have changed their minds and are staying at POP!! Oh, I definitely see a Dismeet in our future!!!:woohoo:

Ok Everyone.......I'm at work, not on a lunch or break but I just had to share.......

I JUST MADE MY RESSIES AND PUT MY $200 DEPOSIT DOWN!!!!
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

OK, I've got to actually go back to work now!!!!

:woohoo: Hooray for a dismeet!!! That's gonna be fun!!! And little Austin's not too much younger than Sam, I think they'll all have in the pool together. And my Lizzie may be 8, but she's very tiny. She's probably the size of Austin and Sam is probably smaller than him.

Oh boy, if Anthony knows there is a girl that thinks he's cute there, he'll probably hide in the room. Not that he don't like girls, cause he does, but my best friend has girls too and her younger daughter has always been in love with Anthony and he blushes!
He is cute though, isn't he. Even with his crazy hair styles. I'll have to post a picture of his most recent hairstyle. He has curly hair but he has been straightening it, yes with the hair straightener. :rolleyes1 He's a funny duck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter