• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Does Peter have to come to Disney with Us???"

Well, the wedding Hope & I are going to is very casual as well, but we all decided that a head table would look best. The bride and groom will sit alone and then two tables are going to come out in a diagonal from those with the wedding party. She's not doing any other assigned seating.

If all 3 of you are together, I would just put that table in the "best" spot and call it the head table. Also, if she's the only one who will really care, why not make one or two of the tables closest to you for family and tell her that she is at one of them! ;)

I was thinking maybe I can do the table with my Mom and his Dad.....but then there's an issue with his Dad and his disabled brother.....I don't think we can leave the disabled brother to the side. Unless the brother sits with one of Peter's sisters. OMG!!! I didn't want to have any of this crap and that's why I had it the way it was.....and should both my Mom and his Dad be announced walking in? There again, where does that leave his brother??????

HUGS on getting sick a week before your wedding, been there, done that and have a rash in my wedding pictures to prove it (I much rather would have had the tshirt!).

I woke up on m last scheduled work day (a Wed) to tonsilitis. I called into work sick, in tears, crying that I was going ot be sick for my wedding (my boss was invited!). Later that day, my best friend, who worked with me, called me to tell me I missed my surprise shower!!! LOL!!!!!!:rotfl: I ended up going to the dr, getting an antibiotic and got a rash on my arm! Thank goodness for photoshop!

As for the seating........good luck. We did have assisnged seats and it was a headache! I say, let them sit where they may!

Can you explain to your mother the plans you had in place and the reasoning behind them? Will she understand that it will cause a lot of issues because you'll then be obligated to do the same for Peter's family?

Subbed and all caught up! And it looks like I made it just in time since you're getting married on Saturday! Congrats! You and your daughter are going to look so beautiful in those dresses :) I can't wait until you post pictures of the wedding. What will the groom be wearing? I LOVE those just married flip flops. :cutie: If I ever get married again, I would love a Disneymoon. You are very lucky to make this your first trip as a family and a Disneymoon! I'm so excited for you! And you have some guts to plan a wedding AND a Disney trip at the same time! That is awesome :)

I hope you have the MOST wonderful wedding day ever! I cannot wait to hear all about it. Sorry I have not been on much, but i'll be thinking about you this weekend :hug:

Here I am.......Mrs. Melancon!!! :bride: Hi everyone!! Well, it's done....it's over and I'm a happily married woman now! Bear with me, as I only have pictures from my friends' cell phones, etc, so when I get the real ones from the photographer, I will share those.

I bet you all want the details, huh? Except for the minor catastrophe of having assign seating or not, everything went so smoothly. Thursday at work I had a surprise shower. Ok, well, someone told me about it, so it wasn't quite the surprise I let everyone think it was. I received $100 --- ALL IN CRUMPLED UP ONES!!! They had quite a nice food spread, too. That was so sweet. Friday morning I sent Victoria off to school and I did the little last minute stuff like picking my Mom's corsage up and a Dunkin Donuts gift card for the notary who performed the ceremony. I think I told you that the person performing the ceremony was my supervisor. He did an amazing job! Mom came over and we packed the car with my centerpieces and stuff, we went to school to pick up Victoria and off we head to the resort. This is the resort my family has stayed at for years and years and it's one of my favorite places --- right on the beach. I put together the arch and arranged the flower garlands on it. I then filled all the centerpieces with sand and shells. That evening the 3 of us didn't really do too much other than enjoy the ocean.

Saturday morning was quite busy. We went to the restaurant to set up and by the time we left, it was looking really nice. Peter came over around 12 noon and we all had lunch together. I then sent him to the room that was going to be ours that night and that's where he waited until it was time. Everything went so well........I was worried that maybe the dress wasn't going to zip up, etc, but it all went perfectly. Then it was the reception. Oh, the food was excellent and everyone said so. The dj was excellent and the photographer did an awesome job. He was playing a slide show of the pictures he was taking. From what I saw, they are going to be beautiful.

You guys are not going to believe this one, though.......
PETER CAME HOME TONIGHT AND HE HAD LOST HIS WEDDING RING AT WORK AND COULDN'T FIND IT!!!! OMG!!! :scared1: I cannot believe it!! He states he looked everywhere. We'll have to get a new one. It may have to wait until after Disney. Speaking of that, we did quite well as far as gifts so we have plenty of spending money for our trip. I made some tshirts up for us tonight, too. I'll have to take some pictures of those, but I'm just trying to get everything done. I have one more load of dark laundry to do in the morning to hang it up before I go to work. :laundy: Then, tomorrow night is packing night. I have an idea of the stuff I want to pack, it's just a matter of packing it. Oh, I also have to pick up some meds so I have enough for the trip. That will have to be done tomorrow during my lunch break. Tomorrow morning I will have to do online check in for the airline. Wow....I just hope I don't forget anything!!!

61702_1178909208792_1710001301_359822_8152596_n.jpg

61233_1178917969011_1710001301_359837_5584161_n.jpg

61007_1617613601934_1284186727_1647016_2683470_n.jpg

60466_1178906728730_1710001301_359819_5907131_n.jpg

59332_1638798089018_1208758305_31787567_3703680_n.jpg

58660_1638800329074_1208758305_31787570_5804645_n.jpg

Congratulations Ann!!!!! It sounds beautiful, I can't wait to see pictures! Hope & I are still editing pictures from our friend's wedding on Saturday as well. I hope you have a FABULOUS trip, I can't wait to hear all about it! HAVE FUN!!!!! :cool1:

Congrats, Mrs. Melancon! You and Victoria look so beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures. You and Peter look so happy and sweet together. And the cake! My goodness, the cake! If it tasted half as good as it looked, then it must have been fantastic.

Awww Ann, you look gorgeous and oh so happy! I cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures from your beautiful day. I love the picture of you and Victoria, she looks so grown up and pretty! I can't believe Peter lost his ring already. That would be me, i'm being very careful with mine after losing my engagement ring a few years back.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I hope you have an AMAZING Disney trip. I have a sick feeling in my gut this week over not being able to be there. I was looking forward to meeting you and your family so much! Sometimes life seems unfair, but I guess i'm just whining this week, because I know my life is not, it's just gonna seem like that until this week is over. Oh well! We don't live so far apart, maybe one day we can schedule a half way trip :goodvibes Or hopefully one day we'll be able to meet up in Disney!

Can't wait to read your trip report!
:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Congratulations Ann! You look beautiful! I'm so glad you had a good weather and that everything went well. Have a wonderful Disneymoon! :lovestruc

Dear Karen......and everyone else.......but especially Karen:

My photos are now uploaded to photobucket and I am intending to start the trip report today.

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter