• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Does Peter have to come to Disney with Us???"

Hi Karen!!!

Yes, Victoria goes to day camp during the summer. She could stay home, but I feel she gets so much more out of the interaction with the other kids and she has all kinds of activities to do that I just can't do with her because I'm working full time.

The wedding date is September 18th and we leave for Disney on September 23rd. OMG!!! It's getting so close.

And I'm really very happy to hear that you are in full planning mode again! :yay:

Hi everyone!!!

Just wanted to stop in and update the little things that have been going on. First of all, most of my wedding invitations are now addressed. I still need Peter's friends and family's addresses and then they will be set. I got my Mickey cake topper, my Mickey antenna topper and my Bridal ears in the mail today!! That was so exciting and of course, I took pictures for you!! I also received our tickets to MNSSHP!!! Wow!!! Everything's happening so fast now!!!!

Mickeybridalears.jpg

antennatopper.jpg

MNSSHPtickets.jpg

Hi everyone!!! Happy 4th of July!! We've had a busy day with Victoria being in the parade and then a BBQ at my Aunt's house. It's sooooo freaking hot, though, and humid! I cannot wait until our pool is up. Peter had to order a new liner and it should be in on Tuesday. Then he will have to install it, get the water truck over, shock treat the water and balance the ph. OMG!!! We so could us the pool today. Everyone at my Aunt's decided the 4th of July party would be at my house next year since we will have our pool going strong. I guess that means I will be going to Wal-Mart tomorrow for 4th of July clearence sales for plates, napkins, decorations, etc. Fun fun. You all know how much I love clearence sales!!!

I wanted to share that Peter and I went to pick out our rings yesterday. My friend Barry owns a jewelry store so that's where we went. I traded in my old wedding set from my previous marriage to get our wedding bands. It was a really good trade. When we get them back from being sized, I will take a picture and post it. The wedding day is coming up so fast!!!

Any readers left out there??? Are we all too busy with summer activites? I know Pam thinks she can be off the boards for her wedding stuff, but really....is that a valid excuse??? hmmmm?

I just have a couple of pictures to share. One is my wedding band. It's a simple white gold band with diamonds. The next one is our finished pool. Yes, it is now finished and we are swimming in it! It was soooo nice to lounge around the pool last night!!!

Did I tell you all that I have a confirmed Illuminations cruise with a nice person from Georgia? I'm soooo excited!!!

weddingband.jpg

poolatsunset.jpg

Ann, that pool looks WONDERFUL! We are having a heatwave here and that looks just divine!

I don't know why, but it didn't click with me that your wedding day was the same day as my good friends wedding as well! I'm a bridesmaid and Hope & I are taking her wedding photos! Are you all ready or are you running around like a maniac?!!?

You're right about being busy with summer- I haven't been on the DIS much at all this summer!

That pool looks so fantastic! We had the chance to get a pool- free with a deck (it needed a new liner) but dh didn't go for it. He'd have been the one out there slaving away to level the ground and get it set up and, as he pointed out, there's really no such thing as a free pool. So, we didn't get it but looking at your pictures is making me really wish we had!

Hi All!!! I'm on the laptop which I just cannot type on! I'm usually pretty fast, but not on this thing!!! Would you believe I now have only 63 days until my wedding??? OMG!!! I just can't believe it. I've been so busy getting everything ready that I'm now starting to get a tiny bit stressed. Not too bad, but I've got to take some inventory on what I still need! I do have 5 days between the wedding and Disney, so I really need to concentrate on the wedding stuff. I have to wash all the little vases and start making bows for them. I have decided against the beta fish idea and just to fill the vases with sand and shells. I just kept thinking about the poor little fishies and who would take care of them while I'm busy doing other things....:lmao: I think that's better! I was just at Goodwill yesterday and I know there are more vases there in case I need them.

We had our first pool party yesterday for Victoria and her friends from summer camp. OMG!!! It actually went well and even I had fun! We have a nice little patio table set up with snacks and it all went great!!

DSCF2521.jpg

DSCF2520.jpg

DSCF2519.jpg

DSCF2516.jpg

Ok, well that's about all for now....oh, wait.....I wanted to let you know that I mailed out the wedding invitations and have already received some rsvp's back. Now I know how excited Pam was when she got her first one. It's sooo cool!!!

Hi Ann! Bad news here! We have cancelled our September trip. I"m pretty sure we're going in May. We have another vacation coming up in a few weeks as well, so with that, the wedding, and some unexpected expenses, we just can't do it this september!

I hope you all have a blast and I wish you the best wedding day! Our wedding day was awesome. Everything went great! The weather was great for our outside ceremony too!

I was really looking forward to meeting you and Janine, so I am definitely bummed about that!

Your pool looks wonderful, enjoy it for the rest of the summer. I think I posted it back in June, but we got a pool too, and we have been in it all summer. We are enjoying every minute of it.

OMG SHE LIVES!!!! We are all waiting for wedding pics, Pam!!!

As for your trip, I'm so sorry. I am soooo bummed, but I'm sure you guys are even more bummed.:sad1:

Less than 2 months to go for both the wedding and Disney. OMG!!! Thank you to all who are still hanging in there with me. Peter took Victoria to the Mall in Portland today while I get some much needed time off. Who am I kidding? I'm still doing laundry, etc. Do Moms ever really get a day off?? Not!!

So, I've been getting my rsvp's back slow but sure. My guests have until August 14th to return them, but I was hoping I would be getting alot more by now. It is kind of neat to see who ended up with which Disney postcards. I picked up some ponchos at the dollar store just the other day. I also got some refillable mugs off of ebay. I know I should have waited to get to POR, but I'm trying to save all the money I possibly can and even though I ended up not saving a huge amount (due to the shipping), it's still a bit of a savings. I just attached all the little cards to the disposable cameras for the tables and those are set to go. Yeah, I mentioned money. I finally had to come clean with Peter and admit I wasn't going to have all the money I hoped to have for the trip. So, my darling wrote a check this morning for the balance of $2,100!!!! OMG!!! That man is sooooo wonderful to me! I feel so bad that I wasn't able to do it, but he wants me to have our Disney trip, so he made it happen. I have already spent quite a bit on the airfare, the MNSSHP tix, the Illuminations cruise, the downpayment & other payments. What I hadn't remembered to budget was Victoria's summer camp which is $100 per week. Nope, forgot to budget that, so money I would have put towards Disney, has gone to her camp. I've also bought stamps, printer ink, cardstock, etc.

I've read that Janine is going to pick out her airline seats. Hmmm....I wonder if I can do that. I should go check. I'm sure I probably can. I thought I had done that when I purchased the tickets, so maybe it's already done for me. Again, I will have to check.

I went to see a new Doggie Daycare the other day. I will have to board our yellow lab during the trip, so I thought I'd see this one. It's ok, it's new, so it wasn't all furnished yet. But when he quoted me the price --- $425--- I nearly died!!! Are you kidding me? The kennel she stayed at last year during my vacation, it was $25 per day. This one breaks out to a little less than $40 per day!!!! Umm..... no. I'm not willing to pay that, sorry!!! So, I guess it will be back to the kennel she stayed at last year, which is ok. I just thought this new kennel, since it is brand new, would be a little cheaper! WRONG!!! My Mom will be coming in to my house to take care of the 3 cats, 6 rabbits, 3 hamsters and 2 guinea pigs. Yeah, I still have a lot of animals. I love them all, though.

I was able to find a lovely wedding ceremony script online that I've adjusted to suit us. Oh, I love it. I caught Peter trying on his ring again this morning. He's so cute!! Yeah, he is such the one for me. I still have to find a pair of shoes. I'm not going to wear the shoes on the beach, but I will need them for the reception. Maybe I'll take my Mom shoe shopping. She's kind of upset that I found my dress online and didn't get to shop with me, so maybe shopping for shoes will be good for us.

We have really been enjoying our pool. Victoria and I have been in there almost every night. The water temps have been over 80 degrees thanks to the solar cover, so it's been wonderful. Peter has poison ivy, so he doesn't want to take a chance of us catching it from the pool water even though the chances are quite slim. It's a perfect day for swimming today, but my monthly gift from Mother Nature is here and I don't swim during that time. Oh, yeah, if anyone is thinking "but her wedding is in exactly 56 days......" yep, if I stay on schedule, Mother Nature will be giving me my monthly gift on my wedding day......Grrrrrrrrr!!!!! Not the wedding gift I wanted, but Peter, being the sweetie that he is states we have the rest of our lives to be intimate, not just our wedding night......Again, is he perfect or what???

Well, I've got another load of laundry to do, so I'm off for now.

So much to do before the wedding.... I know!!! Trust Me!!! And that's the same situation we ended up in right before the wedding. There was no way we were coming up with the rest of the money for Disney in 4 weeks :confused3 So next May it is, i'm very ok with that now. Do I have much choice :rolleyes1 There were just so many unexpected things to buy for the wedding. I was very stressed out for a few weeks there!

And yes, I ran to my mailbox everyday for the response cards, and yours, being Disney, much be so much MORE fun.

Well, while Peter and Victoria were still gone yesterday afternoon I called my Mom and said "let's go shoe shopping". Now, anyone who knows me, knows those words have RARELY come out of my mouth!! I own 3 pairs of shoes and 4 pairs of sneakers, so shoes really aren't my thing!!! :rotfl: So, we went to Famous Footwear and found some sandles for both me and Victoria. I haven't tried Victoria's on her yet, but I'm second guessing my choice. I don't know. They are not exactly what I was looking for and yes they are comfortable, but I don't know. There's something about them I don't like. Maybe I will get the receipt from Mom tonight (yes, she bought our shoes for us). I did take a pic and I should post it to get your opinions.....

Let me tell you something really exciting!!! So, I've been looking to purchase the Photopass CD with the preorder website since it saves you $50 from the $149.95 price. I thought, ok, this is payweek, I can do this. But, I also remembered that I had a special code from the TA I went through for $50 off. Now I really didn't think I would get BOTH discounts, but I entered the code and sure enough, I saved ANOTHER $50. The Photopass CD only costs me $49.95!!!! OMG!!! :scared1: :cloud9: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana: I could not believe it. I am going to hunt down every single photopass photographer while I'm there and make them take our photos!!!! Maybe I will actually be in some of my vacation photos this time around!!! What a stroke of luck that was! This is gonig to be such a fabulous trip!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!! Way to go there Ann- that is awesome!!!!! I thought I was a deal finder, but we are right up there together :cheer2:!!!!!!! That is great that your photopass cd is only 49.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you, Peter, and Victoria take well advantage of that and get TONS of pics done!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter