Does the Dream have gyros like the Magic?

I had them last March (7th). We were on a 3 day to the Bahamas. It's too bad they do not offer them on the Dream.

Thanks for all of the replies!

I guess that I will just have to check Pluto's each day.

Is that where they would be??

No restaurant. There is a "schwarma window" beside the Mickey pool on the Magic. Don't know where they are on the Fantasy. The Fantasy doesn't go to Europe so I'm not so sure about the theory that it was added primarily to appeal to European guests.

cool! so is that a kids play area? i have twins that will be 11, and 8 yr old and a 5 yr old.
And you can go in with them only at OPEN HOUSE and take pictures. Check your ships newspaper (navigator) for open house hours.

We were just on the Dream this past weekend and there were no gyros. We did enjoy them last March on the Magic. We'll be on the Fantasy on the 31st and would love to have them. They didn't have them last January on the Fantasy.

They weren't on the Dream when I sailed her in December...but I'm sure glad to learn that they are on the Magic which I will sail for Halloween!:cool1:

No restaurant. There is a "schwarma window" beside the Mickey pool on the Magic. Don't know where they are on the Fantasy. The Fantasy doesn't go to Europe so I'm not so sure about the theory that it was added primarily to appeal to European guests.

I can't quite buy that its about the European cruises either. Disney doesn't do anything that's a 'coincidence'. i'm pretty sure its a tie in for the marvel.
and unless your an imaginer who knows......

No it's because it's a European thing started in Turkey and Greece,

I do actually know what a gyro is and where they are from.

But no one EVER talked about them, that I saw, until after the Marvel stuff was put onto the ship. Many people said it hadn't been there, that it was new.

so all my kids can go in there?

The kid's clubs are from 3 through 12 (so right up to the 13th birthday). So all of your kids can go in there. For now. After the 11 year olds age out of it, they can go during Open House.

I do actually know what a gyro is and where they are from. But no one EVER talked about them, that I saw, until after the Marvel stuff was put onto the ship. Many people said it hadn't been there, that it was new.

I thought they were new too. The Wonder still has a bar where the gyro place is on the Magic.

The big question! Are they any good? Almost authentic? Like when you go to an american restaurant and get a taco vs going to a tauqueria. Big difference.

The big question! Are they any good? Almost authentic? Like when you go to an american restaurant and get a taco vs going to a tauqueria. Big difference.

They are not your traditional gyros the bread as you see from my photos was not pita bread the meat was ok. The sauce was close, the Tzatziki was not the traditional dip. But heck it tasted ok.

We only had the option of flour tortillas

:scratchin Hmm.. I don't remember what bread options there were. I always went the low-carb, way I guess: just the meat and toppings--heavy on the hummus :rolleyes:

Ugh, I might have to go get gyros or shawarma for lunch again today. Either that or stop watching this thread.

:scratchin Hmm.. I don't remember what bread options there were. I always went the low-carb, way I guess: just the meat and toppings--heavy on the hummus :rolleyes:

Ugh, I might have to go get gyros or shawarma for lunch again today. Either that or stop watching this thread.

Tzatziki and Hummus are my favourites there not perfect on the ship but passable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter