• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the jogging track on Deck 4 of the Wish go all the way around the ship?

I have a smoking question for you all. I enjoy to smoke and I have an upcoming cruise on the Magic. I can smoke from 6PM to 6AM on Deck 4, the running deck. I'll get up early to smoke, at around 5AM. Is there a corner for me to smoke or am I smoking right where people are running in the early AM?

Pretty sure there is a smoking area a bit farther forward from adult pool area deck 9 port side (that runs 24x7)

Pretty sure there is a smoking area a bit farther forward from adult pool area deck 9 port side (that runs 24x7)
OK cool. I just saw that the running track is on deck 4 and the smoking are is Deck 4, outdoors, starboard side from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM and Deck 9, forward, port side, any time. My room is closer to Deck 4 than Deck 9. I just didn't want to bother anyone joggers with my smoking.

I've been on deck 4 early in the morning many times on many cruises. I've never seen HUNDREDS of people walking or jogging. Not even close. I suspect that your cruise was quite an exception and probably because of the unofficial 5k.

Regardless of what anyone here thinks, Disney is selling rooms on the Wish just fine, so it seems that most people don't view the non-looping deck 4 as a deal breaker.
Yes, that's one example and definitely larger than the norm. But I have run on literally every cruise I've taken (12) and I'm saying if you could count the number of people on a sea day that end up jogging or walking throughout the course of the morning, it would be a three digit number for sure.

OK cool. I just saw that the running track is on deck 4 and the smoking are is Deck 4, outdoors, starboard side from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM and Deck 9, forward, port side, any time. My room is closer to Deck 4 than Deck 9. I just didn't want to bother anyone joggers with my smoking.
Yes, you'd just have to go up to Deck 9 in the morning.

On the Wish, I found it difficult to even figure out how to get out on to the promenade. A lot of the (solid) doors that go out are marked "Crew Only". Seems like there are only a couple glass doors that lead to the promenade and they aren't in convenient or obvious places like on the other ships.
Ironically, the promenade on the Wish feels way wider than on the other ships. But, they are oddly pretty empty compared to other ships as well. No waiting for shuffleboard on the Wish!

I've always been on cruises with many walkers and joggers. On our last cruise in Europe, the gym was full morning and night, and the running track was in use often. It was good to see people taking care of their health.
You are not going to see hundreds of people running on a ship. There are enough people that enjoy that every ship has one except for the Wish of course.

This is a disappointment, for sure. I look forward to being able to get my runs in while on the ship. I can run on a treadmill whenever, but there is something about being able to see and be near the ocean while getting my exercise. I could also run at any time of day/night and feel totally safe. That's not an experience that we female runners get to have on dry land.

It is puzzling why Disney made this decision. Outside of the initial investment in marking out the track, this is a zero-cost way of providing guests with another experience. It takes no resources during the cruise to offer this feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter