"Does this ride have drops?" March 2015 TR *NEW* 1/17 COMPLETE - Final Thoughts

LOVED your trip report! We are a week and a half from our first DLR visit (though we have many WDW vacations under our belt) with myself, DH, and DS 5 so it was fun to read such a detailed report from a family "just like ours". Thanks so much for all the time you spent on this. Because of this I have adjusted our "Max Pix Day" from day 1 to day 5 as I can see how that would set an expectation for the rest of the trip :)
*also have totally inspired me to give writing a trip report a try :)

Great wrap up! You and DH make a great team - your narrative and his pictures. Looking forward to your upcoming TR's!

Thank you so much! I never thought about us being a team in that way but you're right! I could never take the pics he does and he absolutely wouldn't want to do all of the writing and putting it all together. lol

It really is a great parade. I certainly enjoyed it!

We had seen it on our first trip, but that was so long ago that I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it as well.

I'm sorry he froze, but hey, at least he got to talk to Crush! And it seems that Crush managed to handle it well. And now Paxton dude knows what a question is!

Yeah, it was just a little awkward. lol But it didn't seem to bother Paxton, and he enjoyed being called the little dude in the red shell.

That's awesome! I was disappointed that I never managed to be in the right place at the right time to see this while we were there.

I kept saying I wanted to plan an evening to be there for the lighting, but we kept forgetting about it. It was a nice surprise to catch it without meaning to!

Oh yeah... of course he's kidding. :rolleyes1

Oh, if only...

I know the feeling. We scoped out a spot... spent 45 uncomfortable minutes waiting. And then if you blinked, you missed it.

I really couldn't believe the fireworks were that short!! My only prior experience with Disneyland fireworks had been during the summer, so it was a normal length show, and actually a little better than Wishes because both Tink & Dumbo flew over the castle! This was one of those surprises that was not so good.

I can only imagine. You should have made a point to avoid walking anywhere near the entrance to that area! :rotfl2:

Definitely! I can only ride that Chew Chew train so many times before I lose my mind!

Thank you! I always enjoy your TR's and Dustin's pictures. I look forward to the next ones!

I so appreciate you always taking the time to comment!!

Great trip report - and of course great pictures! Glad you had such a great trip and got to nearly everything you wanted (other than things that were done in preparation for the 60th).

It's funny that I thought 3 days would be ok and you were worried 5 days wasn't enough! I think we definitely undershot things especially with the extra crowds the 60th brought. seems like 5 days and then the "off day" to do something else (e.g., Legoland) worked out great!

Glad you found your hotel worked out well!

Nice that you had this last trip with your son before the family unit increases in scale!

Also glad you have already started another TR ;)

thanks again!

While the longer trip ended up being better than our shorter trips just because we didn't have to hurry to fit everything in, we definitely had times that we were wandering around and feeling like we had already done everything. I hate to say we were bored, but there were times we just had trouble finding something to do that we didn't feel like we had just done recently. Of course, limited options due to so many things being closed didn't help. With me having to take things at a slower pace, though, 5 days was good for us.

It was nice to have just one more trip to spend with him in Disney before expanding the family!

Thanks for following along!

I love reading your report - thanks for sharing your experiences on the West Coast. It makes a trip to DL and DCA very tempting!

If you can ever make that trip happen, definitely do it! It's so great to visit the original Disney park. Thanks for following along!!

I'm glad overall it was a great trip and that you felt you had enough time to do everything you wanted! Thank you for sharing, I always love reading along to your TRs!! :)

Thanks, Alexis!!

LOVED your trip report! We are a week and a half from our first DLR visit (though we have many WDW vacations under our belt) with myself, DH, and DS 5 so it was fun to read such a detailed report from a family "just like ours". Thanks so much for all the time you spent on this. Because of this I have adjusted our "Max Pix Day" from day 1 to day 5 as I can see how that would set an expectation for the rest of the trip :)
*also have totally inspired me to give writing a trip report a try :)

I'm so glad you like it! And that it could hopefully be a help since our family make up is so similar. Haha yes, I'm glad someone could learn from our mistake!!!! lol Let the kids pick at the END of the trip!!

I would absolutely recommend it! It's a great way to document the trip to look back on later when you're feeling nostalgic. And it makes the post Disney depression just a little easier to handle.

Just got caught up on the final few updates after being MIA in Hawaii...

This ended up being a great decision, because the Grand Canyon & dinosaur scenes were uncovered! So it was a nice little surprise for all of us, but especially for DS who was over the moon when he saw them.
Ugh, seeing those pictures is kinda bumming me out because it will be closed on our visit. Izzy loves trains and dinosaurs too, so it would be right up her alley. Luckily, she has no idea it exists and there will be plenty of other fun things to do.

We enjoyed our ride up to the Castle, just taking in the sights and sounds of Main Street. It was truly a perfect little moment to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. Although there were times we felt like we were just wandering around with no idea of what to do because we felt like we had done every attraction more than once, it’s moments like this that made me appreciate the fact that we had spent a full 5 days in the parks. We got to enjoy a lot of things in WDW that we normally wouldn’t spend the time on because there is always so much else to do!
How fun that you were able to do that. I am hoping our 4.5 days will allow for some carefree moments like that.

Not gonna lie, it was really emotional for me! Lots of things were in those days being pregnant, but seriously…standing in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and seeing Walt’s vision, hearing his words, and experiencing them along with Mickey and the Disneyland band…It gives me chills now just thinking about it! Definitely one of the highlight moments of the trip for me!
What a special experience!

Fast forward to our trip, and about halfway through I started feeling the same symptoms! I could barely breathe through my nose at night, so it was really hard to get any rest. And although I was feeling so tired during the day from getting up early and walking through the parks, taking the medicine during the day kept me from really getting any rest during naptime either. But it was nice to lay down. The other big problem was that with all of the congestion one of my ears was totally blocked up. It was like walking through the parks with my hand over my ear and everything sounded really muffled. It was not fun!
I'm sorry you were dealing with that. Being sick on vacation is the worst and not being able to take anything is even worse.

As I learned later talking to DS, he actually had no idea what a question was at the time!
I found it funny that, at the very end of the video, he raises his hand AGAIN to ask a "question." :rotfl:

While I was sitting waiting for them, I got the unexpected surprise of seeing Cars Land light up for the night! They play the song Sha Boom and the neon lights start coming on one by one.
Awesome - I am really hoping we can catch that!

And it was there in the restroom that out of nowhere, my clogged ear finally opened up and I could hear again! It was such a satisfying moment to feel that pop as whatever was plugging it up dissipated. I was especially relieved that it happened before our flight home the next day, as that had been one of my worries that it would cause a lot of ear pain on the airplane.
So glad it opened up for you! :cool1:

Well, 4.5 minutes later when the fireworks show came to an end, we realized that CM had most certainly NOT been joking!
:earseek: Wow, I wonder how long the show will be when we're there? :confused3

Heading over to your new report now!

These photos are amazing! I'm using the one of Sleeping Beauty Castle as my wallpaper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter