Doing laundry: should I not hold my breath?

Have done laundry at OKW, VWL (where someone even took out and folded my clothes -- they must have been bored. lots of open washers and dryers), BWV (down by Muscles and Bustles, read a book at the pool), and BCV. Waited at BCV for someone in a 2 br who didn't want the noise in her room (GRR at the time, but maybe they had really light sleepers). Can you tell DH and I stay in studios a lot? LOL :laundy:

Lucky you, the last time we went to an OKW laundry to do wash, some lovely little kiddos, that were left unattended, had filled the dryer with sand, on someone's clothes. Maintenance was there cleaning out the mess. :scared1:

The only issue I ever had was that I found about $1 in change when I cleaned the lint filter of a dryer before using it.

And yes, DH did put money in once, the machine takes it, but you don't need it.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Oh cool. DVC laundries come with free money and/or sand. Do you get to pick or is it a raffle? :lmao:

Thanks Cathy C. for the heads up re: dryer sheets and food! My box is going tomorrow and I fished the sheets out. They'll go in my suitcase and keep it nice and fresh. I don't want to think how they'd make my goldfish crackers taste!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

My expereinces: OKW never an issue
VWL sometimes but later evening and early AM work best
BCV forget about it--I'm not sure there is ever a good time!
Have never been to SSR or to BWV

I have done laundry at VB in the Inn and it was fine. I did it in the evening without any trouble. There did seem to be a steady stream of people. It was just timed well I think. I love being able to pack less. :goodvibes

The only time I waited was a few years ago at BCV. The parks were closed due to a hurricane that morning so we ALL had the same idea LOL!

Good to know. We will need to laudry as well in April. We usually don't stay in a studio so we haven't had to do this yet. Just so I can be sure to have enough quarters, how much do the machines at SSR cost??

:laundy:

All DVC laundry machines are free. They do have the slots for coins, but no coins needed...Just push the slider thingy in, and it will start.

How hard is it typically to get into the w/d rooms to get laundry done? Anyone have good strategies for beating a crowd? Since we're at WDW for 9 days, we're only packing for 5 and hoping to do laundry 1/2 way through.

Suggestions???

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

We've never run into a crowd in any of the laundry rooms. But we've only used SSR & VWL

I've used the machines at SSR and OKW by the pool and the one down the hall at BCV at various times of day and never had a wait for a machine. I guess since it's only the studios without w/d in the unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter