Dollywood/WDW back to back trip comparision

It was interesting as "pancake house" for is also synomon for 24 hour Dining everywher else I have been!... and serve more than pancakes... we wanted like a BLT or stuff. ..

I am planning a long weekend to Dollywood soon and was wondering what the Margaritaville Hotel or Inn are like and if you liked them over Dreammore. I was thinking about spending one night at each, but hate the thought of moving that much.

We love Dollywood and had season passes one year. We have never been in the fall, so I wanted to go and see the decorations. I also want to go at Christmas. We have done the cabin and the condo and this year I want to try a hotel and see if its easier to get around in. The only thing I hate is the traffic!

The Dreammore looks really nice but haven't stayed there.

I really want to stay at this Christmas themed hotel in Pigeon Forge. https://innatchristmasplace.com/ Again, I have never been but it gets great reviews and looks beautiful.

Thank you for the report! I've been wanting to go to Dollywood for years; interesting to see your observations. I'm surprised that the food was only so-so, I feel like people always rave about it.

It's like many things. If you judge it for what it is not (fine dining or even at the level of 'Ohana) then you'll be disappointed. But judged for what it is, we found it good quality and portions for what we paid remembering of course, we're at a theme park. And of course it's country themed so you're going to get a heavy dose of southern cooking and southern style bbq plus the usual dose of fair foods.

Thank you for the review. Dollywood sounds just like Silver Dollar City in Branson! We wer just there last weekend and I kept wishing for more family rides like Disney.
Dollywood in fact used to be a Silver Dollar City.

Thank you for reinforcing this!!! I was beginning to think I was the only person in this thread who understood that.

Herschend Family Entertainment still jointly owns it with Dolly. But Dolly does most of the shot calling. She really cleaned it up and spruced it up and they've really put a lot into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter