Dolphin Swim and Manatee in a National Park All Inclusive (CZ50)

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give feedback on this excursion in Cozumel...
  1. Is the water pretty clear so you can see the dolphin you are interacting with ... I know this sounds like a ridiculous question; however, you'd be surprised at what some companies do.
  2. Do the manatees have an opportunity to come up to you while you're in the water?
  3. Do you enter from the stairs off of the enclosure or from the shore? Asking to see if water sandals are advised.
  4. Any other feedback would be greatly welcomed!
THANK YOU! Cheers!

Just did this excursion and we really enjoyed it.
1) Water is part of the ocean so I imagine the clearness level will depend on weather. We had a bright sunny day and water was clear enough to see fish also swimming around.
2) Manatee interaction was very short. Pretty much just get in water pet them a few times and get out.
3) we entered from enclosure down stairs. Shoes were recommended for the pier to not get splinters but you had to take shoes off before getting in the water. There were cubbies to hold shoes and towels.
4) It was so much fun. Pictures are expensive. We did not purchase and did not feel pressured to purchase. What did catch us by surprise is the current is strong. They tell you to hold on to the fence and it's wise. It was tough at times to stay where we were supposed to. That being said my 8 year old swam out by herself and was fine. We just had to hold on to her a bit a times when doing some interactions.

1) Water is part of the ocean so I imagine the clearness level will depend on weather. We had a bright sunny day and water was clear enough to see fish also swimming around.
2) Manatee interaction was very short. Pretty much just get in water pet them a few times and get out.
3) we entered from enclosure down stairs. Shoes were recommended for the pier to not get splinters but you had to take shoes off before getting in the water. There were cubbies to hold shoes and towels.
4) It was so much fun. Pictures are expensive. We did not purchase and did not feel pressured to purchase. What did catch us by surprise is the current is strong. They tell you to hold on to the fence and it's wise. It was tough at times to stay where we were supposed to. That being said my 8 year old swam out by herself and was fine. We just had to hold on to her a bit a times when doing some interactions.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This is SUPER HELPFUL!! We are EXCITED to try this excursion! Cheers!

Hi again! I was wondering where you left your valuables during the excursion? Also, did people tip? Can you use USD or only Pesos? THANK YOU! Cheers!

I’m looking at this excursion as well. Considering I have a group of 10, could I book the Day at Chankanaab National Park and add the dolphin/manatee part at the Park? The reason I ask is we will have 4 adults and 6 kids. We have a mix of yes, no and maybes on doing the dolphin encounter.

Hi again! I was wondering where you left your valuables during the excursion? Also, did people tip? Can you use USD or only Pesos? THANK YOU! Cheers!
We tipped out guide in US dollars. There were lockers available by the restrooms at no additional charge. Our excursion included unlimited food and drink. Food was okay but not good either lol. They were not stingy with the alcohol my husband said and kept the drinks coming so we made sure to tip the bartenders accordingly. We also gave a few dollars to the mariachi band that performed before the sea lion show. Everything in the giftshop was listed in pesos but they had an exchange rate and helpful folks to calculate how much things were. We paid with out credit card There. Pretty sure the accepted usd there as well but not 100% sure.

I’m looking at this excursion as well. Considering I have a group of 10, could I book the Day at Chankanaab National Park and add the dolphin/manatee part at the Park? The reason I ask is we will have 4 adults and 6 kids. We have a mix of yes, no and maybes on doing the dolphin encounter.
I have this question as well. We're booked on the cabana beach but wonder how easy it is to go over and book a dolphin experience for one of our party.

We tipped out guide in US dollars. There were lockers available by the restrooms at no additional charge. Our excursion included unlimited food and drink. Food was okay but not good either lol. They were not stingy with the alcohol my husband said and kept the drinks coming so we made sure to tip the bartenders accordingly. We also gave a few dollars to the mariachi band that performed before the sea lion show. Everything in the giftshop was listed in pesos but they had an exchange rate and helpful folks to calculate how much things were. We paid with out credit card There. Pretty sure the accepted usd there as well but not 100% sure.
THANK YOU!! YOUR information is ALWAYS SUPER HELPFUL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter