Donald's Defiant Dashers 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

liznboys

DIS Veteran
:donald: Welcome to Donald's Defiant Dashers 2011!! We are also known as the Triple D's or Ducks. :donald:

We are one of several Teams here on the WISH Events Board. The Teams were designed to give WISHers smaller groups to interact in.

All are welcome to join here, past, present and new Ducks! All you need to do to join is post and introduce yourself. I'll add everyone to the Team List as we post.

:welcome:

Team List
5Clevs(Andrea) Arkansas
adtillma1(Ann) North Carolina
ahoff(Augie) New York
airman(Joe) Michigan
AUdisneyDad(Tim) Alabama
Big Vic(Vic) Florida
bounceliketigger(Shannon) New Jersey
CALIFLADY(Renee) Houston, Texas
carissanboys(Carissa) Virginia
dismagiclover(Jenny) Maryland
disney_runner(Tanya) Wisconsin
DizGirl20(Robyn) New Jersey
dragitoff(Brandon) Georgia
fairestoneofall(Emily) South Carolina
Hey Mickey(Erica) New York
hotblooded(Rebecca) New York
jenifred(Jeni) Louisiana
Jusacuz(Jessica) Idaho
LadyDooley(Karen) New Jersey
liznboys(Liz) North Carolina
Maddykins06(Karin) New Jersey
marathonmommy(Laura) East Coast-DelMarVa
mebbradley(Megan)
Mickeyfan74(Colleen) Florida
mickeysgal
Ronda93(Ronda) Missouri
runner_princess(Savannah)
TnTsParty(Tricia) Florida

(Many of us are on facebook, send anyone a pm to get connected.)

2011 Races
January
7 Buzz and Woody's Best Friends 5K: airman(Joe)
8 WDW Half: ahoff(Augie), airman(Joe), AUdisneyDad(Tim), carissanboys(Carissa), liznboys(Liz)
9 WDW Full: dismagiclover(Jenny), disney_runner(Tanya), Maddykins06(Karin)
8&9 WDW Goofy: TnTsParty(Tricia)
15 ahoff(Augie) SRC 10m Run to the Brewery, Patchogue, NY
29 AUdisneyDad(Tim) Brenda Ladun 8K, Hoover, AL

February
5 AUdisneyDad(Tim) Heart & Soul 5K, Homewood, AL
27 Disney's Princess Half Marathon: bounceliketigger(Shannon), Hey Mickey(Erica), liznboys(Liz), marathonmommy(Laura)

March
5 Champion 5K @ESPN Weekend: airman(Joe)
19 carissanboys(Carissa) Shamrock Townebank 8K, Virginia Beach, VA
26 Maddykins06(Karin) Phillies 5K, Philadelphia, PA
26 marathonmommy(Laura) National Half Marathon, Washington, D.C.

April
3 AUdisneyDad(Tim) Talladega Half Marathon, Talladega, AL
10 Ronda93(Ronda) GO! St. Louis Marathon, St. Louis, MO
30 marathonmommy(Laura) Island to Island Half Marathon, Ocean City, MD

May
7 Expedition Everest Challenge: airman(Joe), ahoff(Augie), mebbradley(Megan)
8 Jusacuz(Jessica) Hippie Chick Half Marathon, Hillsboro, OR
21 AUdisneyDad(Tim) XTERRA Oak Mountain Mud Run 10K, Pelham, AL

June
5 airman(Joe) Dexter-Ann Arbor 10K, Ann Arbor, MI
5 marathonmommy(Laura) Zooma Women's Half Marathon, Annapolis, MD
25 airman(Joe) Solstice 10K, Northville, MI

July
13 mebbradley(Megan) Delaware Hospice 5K, Milford, DE

August
21 airman(Joe) Running the Rails 10K, Ypsilanti, MI

September
3 mebbradley(Megan) Hard Crab 10K, Crisfield, MD
3 runner_princess(Savannah) Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon, Indianapolis, IN
4 Disneyland Half Marathon: airman(Joe)
18 bounceliketigger(Shannon), Maddykins06(Karin), marathonmommy(Laura) Philadelphia Rock n Roll Half, Philadelphia, PA

October
1 Halloween Family Fun Run 5K:
CALIFLADY(Renee)

1 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon:
ahoff(Augie)
airman(Joe)
CALIFLADY(Renee)
disney_runner(Tanya)
liznboys(Liz)

8 marathonmommy(Laura) Long Beach Island 18 miler, Long Beach Island, NJ
9 runner_princess(Savannah) Chicago Marathon, Chicago, IL
30 marathonmommy(Laura) Marine Corp Marathon, Northern VA/Washington, D.C.

November
20 AUdisneyDad(Tim) Ruben Studdard Half, Birmingham, AL

December

January 2012
6 WDW 5K:
airman(Joe)
Maddykins06(Karin)

7 WDW Half:
5Clevs(Andrea)
ahoff(Augie)
airman(Joe)
Big Vic(Vic)
CALIFLADY(Renee)
dismagiclover(Jenny)
hotblooded(Rebecca)
jenifred(Jeni)
liznboys(Liz)
Maddykins06(Karin)
Mickeyfan74(Colleen)
mickeysgal
runner_princess(Savannah)

8 WDW Full Relay:
Big Vic(Vic)
Leg1:disney_runner(Tanya)
Leg1:liznboys(Liz)/Leg2:carissanboys(Carissa)

8 WDW Full:
marathonmommy(Laura)

7&8 WDW Goofy:
AUdisneyDad(Tim)

I'm happy to start us up for 2011! :) I joined the Ducks a year ago and am looking forward to continuing with this team in 2011.

I just did the WDW Half this weekend and am taking this week off. Plan to get back at it next week. I'm not registered for any races right now, so we'll see on that... This year I'll probably do some 5K's either alone or with my 11 and 9 yr old sons. And my hope is to do the WDW Half again next year as well as the 2012 Princess!

i'm here. i'm not dashing very fast or far right now though!

i will be picking back up around late august/september! :thumbsup2

Just subscribing for now until I have time to write later...;

:thumbsup2

i'm here. i'm not dashing very fast or far right now though!

i will be picking back up around late august/september! :thumbsup2

You are "dashing" for two right now! That's enough work as it is. :)

So tomorrow is snow day #4 for my kids! :eek: It's really been ICE days. Many neighborhood roads are still in poor shape. And there are not enough salt trucks to get around! Still, crazy!! It's a good thing I didn't have any big plans this week...and I'm glad this didn't happen last week as it would have been more stressful before my race weekend.

I'm here! :wave2:

I've got a couple of fitness/running goals for 2011, but I think I'll wait before posting them.

In the meantime, as the snow and temperatures continue to fall up here...I made an offer on a DVC resale contract to add to my "home" resort. :yay: Hey, what else can you do when it's so cold?!? :confused3

Hope to see some more returning Ducks. All lined up in a row.

Quack on.

Hey I like the new digs, it's so roomy:thumbsup2.

Hi to my Duck friends. I am settling back in at home, it's cold up here :santa:.
What a great WDW Marathon weekend I had with Stephanie. Steph did great in our 5k, we ended up running at least 2 of the 3 miles. We got a lot of pictures and had fun. She earned her race t-shirt. My half marathon went really good, the weather was perfect for running. My time wasn't great, but I stopped to get a lot of pictures and had a lot of fun. I was able to meet up with my 2 cousins before and after the race and hang out with Augie before the race. Nice job on your half, Augie. I said it before, that dude is fast:banana:. The end of the night was a lot of fun watching the electrical parade and fireworks with Carissa, Liz and Augie at the Magic Kingdom. i will definitely will plan on doing the race again next year, I am going to try to get Debbie to join me in the race.

Here is a link to my photo album on Facebook of last weekend.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2081090&id=1166784296&l=4215ed3620

It's too bad (or maybe a good thing) that their isn't a picture or video of me in Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, I was put on screen with the caption "has the urge to dance uncontrollably", I jumped up and did something that can only be described as a full body spasm:scared1:. I loved the look of horror, shock and embarrassment on Stephs face. It was awesome and I got the crowd going. Only at Disney would I do something like dance in front of people, the last time I did that was 6th grade camp 1977 doing the bump with Tina Jarrell.

I look forward to be held accountable on my training with the Ducks another year. I will be in Orlando doing Harry Potterville and Universal the weekend of the Princess Half, so I'm thinking about putting on my WISH t-shirt and heading over to the Magic Kingdom to cheer everyone on. I have another cousin running the Princess (the mom and wife of the cousins that was at the WDW).

Have a good week everyone.
Joe

I agree! Nice and roomy! When was the last time a Duck saw page one of the postings?

Great job, Joe and Stephanie! Glad you had such a great time. I may need to "friend" some Ducks this year via facebook. Not sure why I haven't done this earlier...

So is this what you looked like in the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Joe? :banana: And have you told Tina?!?

Renee~Woohoo! Good luck with your DVC resale! How fun!

Joe~I'm still laughing at your description of yourself...full body spasm... :rotfl:
That's cool your other realtive is doing the Princess! I would go cheer if you can. I so enjoyed cheering on the marathoners when Carissa and I were in AK on Sunday. It was an awesome feeling encouraging them. Saying their names and seeing them look over with an appreciative smile, the best. :goodvibes

I never saw the old thread updated yesterday with the new link. I want to make the first page!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Okay - now that I accomplished my goal of first page... :rolleyes1

I "ran" my first half last weekend. :woohoo: While I was happy just to finish within the alloted time (I wasn't sure I'd be able to due to a groin strain), I was disappointed with my time. It took me 30 minutes longer than I had hoped (and from what I was on pace to do according to my 10 mile training run).

Before the race I thought I would just stick with 5 and 10ks afterwards, but I really want to go back next year and beat my time and have the kind of race I should have had. We'll see if I can talk my husband into it. ;)

My goals for this year are to do more cross training, lose more weight, and work on my speed. I look forward to sharing my journey through 2011 with all you ducks! :grouphug:

I just registered for my first race of 2011! I'll be doing the Shamrock TowneBank 8k on March 19th. :thumbsup2

*Edited to add that I realize the first race of 2011 was the half, but I registered for that at the start of last year so it doesn't count. ;)

I agree! Nice and roomy! When was the last time a Duck saw page one of the postings?

Great job, Joe and Stephanie! Glad you had such a great time. I may need to "friend" some Ducks this year via facebook. Not sure why I haven't done this earlier...

So is this what you looked like in the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Joe? :banana: And have you told Tina?!?
it was close to peanutbutter jelly time just more violent with the head shake:lmao:.
At the moment I am listening to
DisRadio, typing this while pedalling on my new exercise bike in the basement. I hooked up my old computer to the 32" lcd tv. Pretty cool, but my hand is alittle shaky.
Sorry I took a break to concemntrate on my pedaling.
Everyones race pictures I've seen so far look pretty cool, I'm still waiting on the 5k pictures to up.
Does anyone ever buy these pictures? I bought the end of race picture in front of the banner for the wine and dine, not sure what I'll do this time. If I could combine the 5k pictures with the half, I might get the cd, but probably won't be able to do that.
All right I'm gonna keep peddling.

Joe

Hi Ducks - i appologize for getting the thread started last year and then just being in the background. I want to thank Liz for keeping us going last year and getting us started this year.

Boy has it been a busy few weeks. After spending Christmas and New Years in snowy NC visiting my mom I spent 4 days at home and turned around and headed north for Orlando for the Goofy. Although I wasn't able to meet with the Ducks personally I enjoyed seeing the pictures and following along with everyone on Facebook. If I am not friends with anyone please PM me and we can hook up on Facebook.

I am happy to say I sucessfully completed my 2nd Goofy 26 minutes better than my last year combined time so I am so HAPPY about that - I am even more excited that I almost got a PR for the full - missed it by 2 minutes. My knees started bothering me at mile 15 but I kept on pushing through. It helped to know my family was just past the McDonalds right over the overpass on Osceola at mile 19.5 and then they would be at the finish line. Getting closer to the finish line I started doing the math on my time and realized it was a real possiblity that I could get a PR so that helped push me through as well. Considering the PR for the full I have is for my first full and I didn't do a half the day before so all in all I am estatic with how well I did.

I just want to say all Ducks did awesome this weekend - especially those who had their first long distance race. Its an addiction isn't it??

Joe - too funny about the Monster's Inc dance you described - I could just imagine how mortified Steph must have been. LOL

Looking forward to a great 2011 and already planning next year's marathon weekend. I just might be going Dopey. YIKES

Joe - You are just too funny. You typed all of that on your phone while biking????????? :lmao: As for the pictures, I am tempted to get at least one.

Tricia - Congrats on the Goofy PR! Sounds like you did awesome! :cool1: And, yes, it is an addiction. ;)

Hey Joe - I just noticed that little ticker in your signature. A solo trip in one month?!? Are you off to WDW again? :thumbsup2

Joe - You are just too funny. You typed all of that on your phone while biking????????? :lmao: As for the pictures, I am tempted to get at least one.

Tricia - Congrats on the Goofy PR! Sounds like you did awesome! :cool1: And, yes, it is an addiction. ;)

I was typing on a wireless keyboard I put on the book rack of my exercise bike.

Hey Joe - I just noticed that little ticker in your signature. A solo trip in one month?!? Are you off to WDW again? :thumbsup2
Our Signs By Tomorrow franchise is having the national meeting in Orlando, so I'm taking advantage of that and heading down 4 days early to play at Disney. Once I get home from the meeting, I will be working for 3 days then in the car for another trip south. This time it's 4 days at Universal to check out Harry Potterville then another 4 days at Disney. I am going to do the ESPN the Weekend 5k just before we check out and head back home. Gotta use that annual pass before it expires in May.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter