Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Your 10K outfit is awesome!! Not sure if this was asked already but what kind of camera do you have. Your shots are amazing!!

Your 10K outfit is awesome!! Not sure if this was asked already but what kind of camera do you have. Your shots are amazing!!
During the races I just use my iPhone 8 Plus and most in the parks shots are on that too. I use my DSLR (Canon) for shows and fireworks and stuff like that.

I did notice the ground clearing for Guardians while there. I haven't followed the other boards a lot lately. I am not sure when they plan on starting up on Tron, it will probably before April. I forgot to take one last stroll along that back pathway from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.

What a good Diser you are to skip the characters but made sure to take pictures of the construction.

I mean thats what people want right? ;)

I did notice the ground clearing for Guardians while there. I haven't followed the other boards a lot lately. I am not sure when they plan on starting up on Tron, it will probably before April. I forgot to take one last stroll along that back pathway from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.

Tron permits were just filed so it should be soon. I went back there and didn't notice anything during race weekend.

10K looked like a lot of fun and that security guard deserves a medal.

Yes he did!

We used Lyft multiple times during marathon weekend and never had an issue. We did not want to wait for ME when we arrived so we took it to the resort. We also took it on the way back to the airport as I was not getting on a bus four hours before departure. We also used it to go to both Grand Floridian and Poly on different days. Quick and efficient all the time.

We used an Minnie Van to go to MK after the 5K, and that was also well worth it. I actually activate it on Lyft before leaving my house, and never had to do anything while there other than request it. Requested it while walking our of our room at BVC, and it was there 5 minutes later. Driver was great and knowledgeable, and drop off was at spot 11 at MK.

We used Lyft multiple times during marathon weekend and never had an issue. We did not want to wait for ME when we arrived so we took it to the resort. We also took it on the way back to the airport as I was not getting on a bus four hours before departure. We also used it to go to both Grand Floridian and Poly on different days. Quick and efficient all the time.

We used an Minnie Van to go to MK after the 5K, and that was also well worth it. I actually activate it on Lyft before leaving my house, and never had to do anything while there other than request it. Requested it while walking our of our room at BVC, and it was there 5 minutes later. Driver was great and knowledgeable, and drop off was at spot 11 at MK.

Good to know for the future thanks!

Oh, yeah, also wanted to comment on that guard at the finish. I saw him each day too and he really was awesome!

Congrats on running the 10K wow it looked cold
They did have some great characters especially the EVIL Witch
Very cool to see behind the scenes

Congrats on running the 10K wow it looked cold
They did have some great characters especially the EVIL Witch
Very cool to see behind the scenes
Thanks! I think it was technically a couple degrees warmer than the 5K but it didn't feel like it.

Great race pics! runDisney ought to pay you for how well you sell this event. It sounds like an absolute blast!

Your costume is really fun!

I love your 10K recap! That really is such an awesome race ... and it sounds like they had some great characters out (Pinocchio! I've only met him at Disneyland, and that was forever ago (I think it was my first trip out there...). I would love to see him again).

The Old Hag!!! But I didn't stop...
While I was waiting for Flik and Atta the CM watching the line mentioned the Old Hag would be up next near the trailer on the right side. I was glad I knew ahead of time, so when I saw the line I jumped right in. However, it was SOOOOOO slow!!! I was starting to get cold waiting and didn't want to freeze up with so many miles left to run, so I just jumped out of line and started running--I did snap a pic running past. But you know I regret not stopping!!!

Continuing backstage we came upon the Frozen Ever After boats. So the Diser in me needed a picture right?

Me, too!! LOL

img_1856jpg-jpg.296214
These guys were great!!! "Can you guys run faster? We have to get to work here!!"

I would definitely recommend this race to anyone wanting to do their first 10K.
I was SO nervous for the 10K, but I had a blast!!! I agree--this is definitely an amazing first 10K! When I crossed the finish line, I honestly felt sad I hadn't signed up for the half.

Your costume is really fun!

I love your 10K recap! That really is such an awesome race ... and it sounds like they had some great characters out (Pinocchio! I've only met him at Disneyland, and that was forever ago (I think it was my first trip out there...). I would love to see him again).

Thanks! Yeah I really thought the character selection was good for the 10K.

While I was waiting for Flik and Atta the CM watching the line mentioned the Old Hag would be up next near the trailer on the right side. I was glad I knew ahead of time, so when I saw the line I jumped right in. However, it was SOOOOOO slow!!! I was starting to get cold waiting and didn't want to freeze up with so many miles left to run, so I just jumped out of line and started running--I did snap a pic running past. But you know I regret not stopping!!!

Me, too!! LOL

These guys were great!!! "Can you guys run faster? We have to get to work here!!"

I was SO nervous for the 10K, but I had a blast!!! I agree--this is definitely an amazing first 10K! When I crossed the finish line, I honestly felt sad I hadn't signed up for the half.

Yeah I totally wish I would have stopped for the Old Hag.

Well now you know for the future what runDisney races are like and have a selection to choose from. I like that runDisney offers race distances for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter