Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Tiffins is one restaurant I have not tried yet and I’m looking to try it sometime in the future. Fotlk is such a great show and I always make sure I see it when I’m in AK.

Tiffins is one restaurant I have not tried yet and I’m looking to try it sometime in the future. Fotlk is such a great show and I always make sure I see it when I’m in AK.
I recommend trying Tiffins at least once. Its a great addition to AK.

I'm behind again ... (this time it's not my fault. I was out of town and the only time I was on the computer I was doing work)

I remember that pre-race heater huddling situation from my first runDisney expereience (the Freezing Frozen 5K in February 2015). Cold before the races is just brutal with all that standing and waiting time.

Congrats on the 5K! I love your photos! Totally agree with your thoughts about the race ... that course is amazing with all the park time. But I could definitely do without the long character lines ...

I love all of your Tree of Life pictures. I never really take the time to look at all the carvings, so I always enjoy seeing them look so beautiful in your pictures.

Wow, you got a lot of really good safari pictures! Looks like a lot of animals were out and active!

Very cool that you got a "welcome back" card at Tiffins - that's a really nice touch! The food looks good too :)

Festival of the Lion King is always good. I love all of your pictures from the show!

Okay, I'm all caught up ... for now.

I'm behind again ... (this time it's not my fault. I was out of town and the only time I was on the computer I was doing work)

I remember that pre-race heater huddling situation from my first runDisney expereience (the Freezing Frozen 5K in February 2015). Cold before the races is just brutal with all that standing and waiting time.

Congrats on the 5K! I love your photos! Totally agree with your thoughts about the race ... that course is amazing with all the park time. But I could definitely do without the long character lines ...

I love all of your Tree of Life pictures. I never really take the time to look at all the carvings, so I always enjoy seeing them look so beautiful in your pictures.

Wow, you got a lot of really good safari pictures! Looks like a lot of animals were out and active!

Very cool that you got a "welcome back" card at Tiffins - that's a really nice touch! The food looks good too :)

Festival of the Lion King is always good. I love all of your pictures from the show!

Okay, I'm all caught up ... for now.

No worries my TR is always here if you get behind ;)

Waiting in the cold before the races is probably the worst part about them.

Thanks!

Yes I loved the welcome back card.

I remember from your last TR how much you enjoyed Tiffins glad you got to go back
Nice touch with the Welcome Back card
FOTLK is the best it never disappoints
I love the Tumble Monkeys ::yes::

FOTLK is such a great show no matter how old it may be. I love your photos of it. We really enjoyed Tiffins and will return on a future visit for sure!

I remember from your last TR how much you enjoyed Tiffins glad you got to go back
Nice touch with the Welcome Back card
FOTLK is the best it never disappoints
I love the Tumble Monkeys ::yes::

Yes Tiffins is one of my favorites now!

FOTLK is such a great show no matter how old it may be. I love your photos of it. We really enjoyed Tiffins and will return on a future visit for sure!

Definitely! Glad you liked Tiffins!

I think you know how much I like the Festival of the Lion King. I really enjoyed your pictures a lot!

Tiffins is one of my favorite restaurants in a Disney Theme Park anywhere. I have dined there 3 times. The 2nd time we got the welcome back card. The 3rd time we did not...What "artwork" did you get at the end of your meal?

I think you know how much I like the Festival of the Lion King. I really enjoyed your pictures a lot!

Tiffins is one of my favorite restaurants in a Disney Theme Park anywhere. I have dined there 3 times. The 2nd time we got the welcome back card. The 3rd time we did not...What "artwork" did you get at the end of your meal?
I didn’t get any artwork this time around.

Pandora: The World of Avatar

I was very excited to get back to Pandora after being there in May. It truly is one of my favorite places Disney has ever created. The theming/details are top notch! Even after this trip though I have yet to eat at Satuli Canteen which I really want to. I also really love taking photos of Pandora (or everything in Disney if you couldn't already tell ;) ).

IMG_1767JPG.jpg

The Flaska Renatta was not spewing probably due to the cold weather.

IMG_1768JPG.jpg

IMG_1769JPG.jpg

This photo really looks cool with how the sun was positioned and what appeared to be some mystical fog only in Pandora.

IMG_1770JPG.jpg IMG_1771JPG.jpg

These really are amazing engineered "mountains"

IMG_1773JPG.jpg IMG_1774JPG.jpg

Our main order of business of course was riding one of my new favorites Flight of Passage! The wait times were something like 240 minutes so thank you FP!

IMG_1775JPG.jpg IMG_1777JPG.jpg IMG_1778JPG.jpg

Continued in next post...

Most local races runners do not have to stand outside for 1-2 or more hours while waiting for the race to start.

SERIOUSLY!!! I was saying the exact same thing when people said, "You've run in winter before, how cold could it have been??" We did the Polar Dash 5K in Chicago last January when it was real feel below -10 degrees....but we also arrived 10 minutes before it started. The waiting is what really made me freeze!! I was way better prepared for the 10K morning which I brought a mylar blanket along!!

img_1660-jpg.294210
That is pretty awesome to see!! Glad you got to see it fully assembled first though :)

I finally got to meet @Pluto0809 whose trip reports I have always followed. These meet ups always help make the races and weekend overall more fun.

I was glad to see you in person even though I was too frozen to think clearly enough to actually introduce myself!! LOL :)

I then stopped for the Brother Bear meet and greet in Canada since I have never met them before.

UGH!! MY one regret from the 5K. I was feeling so great running along that I actually saw them, but kept on going. What was I thinking!?

Pandora: The World of Avatar

I love the fake plants within the land.

IMG_1780JPG.jpg

IMG_1782JPG.jpg

IMG_1784JPG.jpg

IMG_1785JPG.jpg

IMG_1787JPG.jpg

I loved Flight of Passage once again. It is truly one of the best rides in WDW. My friends agreed it was a very cool experience but aren't huge on motion simulators so two of the three of them wouldn't join us next time we rode.

We explored the gift shop a bit before heading back out of Pandora. I already had my banshee back home so I didn't need anything else form Pandora ;)

After heading out we stopped at Starbucks because A. it was cold B. it was cold C. I have a mug collection and needed to add the new AK Starbucks tumblr to it and D. it was cold.

IMG_1789JPG.jpg

We then headed over to Expedition Everest for our FP. When we arrived we were greeted with a line for FP that stretched across the bridge and too the Finding Nemo the Musical building. We were like what?!? This was due to the ride being down earlier and everyone returning to ride. They even stopped letting people in standby to help the FP flow better. A great CM named Billy who I tweeted a Cast Compliment for helped us out and assured us the line was only about 20 minutes long. He was right and we thanked him after exiting the ride.

IMG_1790JPG.jpg

I also have this funny story about our Everest experience. Only three of us rode and I was the odd one out so I was paired with a single rider. When next in line to board the coaster the guy asked me if I preferred the inside or outside. I was confused and said I don't care. Its only a two across so they are both outside. He then asked if we could switch spots and I said ok whatever. After we rode and got off we could never figure out why that guy wanted to be on that side. Maybe he wanted to be closer to the Yeti? It was just so confusing!

IMG_2602.JPG

We then headed into Dinoland got some popcorn and browsed the gift shops before getting to our seats for Rivers of Light.

IMG_1793JPG.jpg

Up Next: My first Uber and Taxi in one night!

SERIOUSLY!!! I was saying the exact same thing when people said, "You've run in winter before, how cold could it have been??" We did the Polar Dash 5K in Chicago last January when it was real feel below -10 degrees....but we also arrived 10 minutes before it started. The waiting is what really made me freeze!! I was way better prepared for the 10K morning which I brought a mylar blanket along!!

That is pretty awesome to see!! Glad you got to see it fully assembled first though :)

I was glad to see you in person even though I was too frozen to think clearly enough to actually introduce myself!! LOL :)

UGH!! MY one regret from the 5K. I was feeling so great running along that I actually saw them, but kept on going. What was I thinking!?
Yep, when I run at home in the cold I don't stand outside for 2 hours!

Yes I have never seen them take down the trees before so it was cool to see.

It was nice to see you too even though we weren't formally introduced. I am always less hesitant to stop for characters during the 5K than the 10K because its untimed but lines are always crazy. I always have character regrets after races. I should just know to stop by now.

I can’t wait to ride FoP!!! I do love me some EE though! Is it just me or does your Starbucks taste so much better at Disney!!! Lol

Sooo you're saying it was cold? ;)

I had to cut myself off from buying the Starbucks mugs - they keep putting out redesigns! Darn you, Disney, for taking my money!

The guy wanting to ride on the inside/outside is SO FUNNY! What even, sir? :rotfl2:

I can’t wait to ride FoP!!! I do love me some EE though! Is it just me or does your Starbucks taste so much better at Disney!!! Lol

Its an awesome ride! Starbucks is always better in Disney.

Sooo you're saying it was cold? ;)

I had to cut myself off from buying the Starbucks mugs - they keep putting out redesigns! Darn you, Disney, for taking my money!

The guy wanting to ride on the inside/outside is SO FUNNY! What even, sir? :rotfl2:

Maybe just a little cold...

I went with the tumblrs this trip instead of the mugs because I have the mugs from each park although the redesigns have me questioning if I should buy all new mugs too...

We just couldn't figure out why that guy wanted that side. It made no sense!

That guy asking for which side of EE to sit on was interesting. However, it could have been that he likes the view on a specific side more than another when going up to the top of the mountain? That's possibly the only reason I can think of. Still odd for someone to ask though.

Satuli Canteen is my favorite QS now on WDW property. The food is so good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter