Doreen's New Way of Life (comments are welcome)

Hey, Doreen! Sounds like some cold temps are coming our way :cold: . I hope the :sunny: you're feeling will keep you warm!

Glad DD likes her bed--it's always fun to change the furniture and surroundings, isn't it? I bought a new houseplant yesterday, and even something as simple as that kicks things up a notch.

Have a good Sunday, WISH-sis.

ERin

6 Mile walk this weekend for you :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: Hope you have better weather there than we do here....hope you have some :sunny: for your walk!!

I am with you on the black thumb thing..... :rotfl: Gardening here is best left to Greg.....I kill plants......not intentionally of course!! I can even kill a cactus or a weed... :confused3

Hope you have a great what is left of the weekend!! Have a great walk!!!
And while I am at it....have a great week!! You are doing a great job!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I never got my 6 mile training walk/run in this weekend. I had the time but just didn't follow through. This is the story of my life regarding exercise lately. I have a half marathon coming up in mid-April and I am not doing myself any favors by skipping my training. :( Where has my motivation gone? Today the ground is covered with snow and a layer of sleet on top - not a good day for training. I suppose I'll have to get myself in gear and hit the health club. I know I'll feel better afterward but making myself get there is so tough. :rolleyes:

I've been a lazy slug all weekend for the most part. Now I feel anxious about getting all the stuff done that I wanted to do over 3 days. Silly me! I KNOW I should scale back the expectations and give myself a break but part of me says I was lazy and need to suck it up and get it all done. Boy, does that sound irrational when I read it in print. I think this calls for some time in prayer this morning. The Lord Himself may be the only one who can quiet my irrational inner voice.

Plan for today? I'm not ready to make one. I'm going to take some time for devotions and prayer. I'll be back later.

EDIT: 12 noon
I just got back from the health club - 6 miles in 1:33 on the treadie. I really wanted to quit but I just kept going. I wasn't fast but I got the distance in and my Marathoning for Mortals book tells me that distance is more important than speed at this point.

Today: (edit: Tues. AM)
1. Devotions - Using deep breathing and a simple prayer - such as inhaling while thinking "Dear Lord" and exhaling while thinking "bring me peace" - can really help us reduce those anxious feelings we're having. A perfect devotion for me today. :p
2. Pills - taken. :p
3. Water - 5 mugs down. :p
4. Healthy eating - B = yogurt w/ almonds, L and D are still up in the air. I have to scrounge around and see what kind of healthy stuff I've got in the house. L = chicken fingers & 2 cheese sticks. D = 4 slices pizza & 4 Dove dark chocolate Promises :rolleyes:
5. Exercise - did 6 treadie miles in 1:33. I'm proud of me for following through and doing this! :cheer2: :p

I'm off to find some lunch and to figure out what goals are REASONABLE for my day. I've already done a load of dishes and a load of laundry, so I'm making progress.

Great job on the tread mill! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: that is awesome girl! And in great time!

I like your Devotion today - I'll have to remember that at work tomorrow. ;)

~Amanda

aweomse job on the treadmill!!! i just got a treadmill yesterday--going to go on it in a little bit
i know what you mean about being lazy sometimes-i need to get my self in gear

good job on going to the health club!!

WTG on the Treddie! That is GREAT! :cool1: You really inspire me to keep moving!!!! I am up to 5 miles... Next week I will shoot for 6! Then I will almost be 1/2 way to 13.1! Thanks for setting such and awesome example! :flower:

:banana: Good going on that treadie, WISH-sis! You did it and I'm proud of you! It felt good to walk, didn't it? I think you'll be really glad tonight as you settle down for some restful, restorative sleep.

You got your dishes and a load of laundry done, too. :goodvibes It's the little things that make us feel good!

Have a good morning tomorrow if you're up and out of the door before I post to your journal.

:hug:,
Erin

Hey Doe - Great job on getting to the gym and doing 6 miles. You inspire me to work harder and increase my miles. I know there are days when we don't want to work out, but try and remember how far you've come and how good you'll feel after. :sunny:

Hi Doe!

Great job on 6 miles on the treadie! I can't wait until this weather breaks and we get some warm, :sunny: weather. Then, we can walk outside! :cool1:

Have a great Tuesday!

I earned 4 out of 5 smilies yesterday! That's pretty good for me. Food wasn't the greatest but today's a new day.

I was up at 4:30 AM because I was awake thinking about the work (for work) that I neglected all weekend. I got up & dressed, ate breakfast, did devotions and then spent time working. It was a productive morning! ::yes::

Today: (edit 1:45 PM)
1. Devotions - When my emotions are getting the best of me, praying about my feelings to God can lighten my burden and help me feel at peace amidst the chaos. The chaos of life won't change, but my reactions to it can change, with God's help. :p
2. Pills - taken. :p
3. Water - on my fourth mug.
4. Healthy eating - B = yogurt w/ almonds, AM snacks = string cheese, a Coke & 2 packs of peanut M&Ms from the EVM (can we say "stress eating"? ), L = tuna salad & lettuce wrap, PM snacks will be an orange and some string cheese. D?? I really must stop at the grocery store! My backup plan will be ham & green beans.
5. Exercise - The schedule calls for 30 minutes of crosstraining. I have my workout clothes laid out and I'll do my Pilates for crosstraining when I get home.

Gotta run - have another fun 11 AM meeting to prep for. :sunny:

EDIT: 1:45 PM
The 11 AM meeting started at 11:30 and ran until 1:30. We accomplished a ton and I am relieved even though I now have more work to do and new deadlines to meet. I feel like I KNOW what is expected of me, instead of guessing and trying to read someone else's mind. :teeth: I have my work cut out for me but it is achievable.

I'm feeling less anxious - no need to turn to the EVM anymore this afternoon. :banana:

:hug: :hug: :hug: for you, Doreen. Feel me sending you hope and strength, OK? You can do this project. . .I know you can. I'll be thinking of you in your meeting at 11 a.m.

Take care, now--
Erin

Another good devotion this morning! Great job on getting up and doing your work - I know I do my best work at night, that is when I can sit down and concentrate on getting it done. I actually did some last night from 9:30 to 10:30.

What will you be doing for cross training? Don't forget those Firm videos - that'll get ya sweating!

~Amanda

DoeWDW said:
1. Devotions - When my emotions are getting the best of me, praying about my feelings to God can lighten my burden and help me feel at peace amidst the chaos. The chaos of life won't change, but my reactions to it can change, with God's help. :p

Doreen--

Thanks for that one...

:sunny:

Hi Friend,
Tonight when I left Curves at 6p.m. the sun had not quite set - you could still drive w/o headlights on and it made me think of you. Summer is almost here!

~Amanda

Hi Doreen,

I am glad that the meeting went well, and that your anxiety level is down a bit. You can definately get it all done.

I also want to thank your for sharing the devotion. I definatley needed to hear that today.

I hope you have a fantastic day,
Beth

Can we just change the spelling to Wendsday???? It just makes more sense to me.....LOL!!! :rotfl: Ya know, we're "wending" our way through the week. :rotfl: The dictionary defines wend as "proceeding on one's course". In my spare time, I'll start a petition! :teeth:

It will be a busy day at work - lots to do. I have 7 main tasks and will tackle one each hour. That means no time to DIS. I'm really missing all my journal friends - have only had time to keep up with 2 - 3 lately. :( Oh well, I suppose doing my job really needs to come first.

Today: (edit: 11:20 AM)
1. Devotions - Keep the focus on God. You know how an autofocus camera will make the main subject of the photo clear and everything else around it blurry? Our focus on God should be the same. If we focus in on God, then the other circumstances of our lives will not seem as stressful, since they will be in the background. I'm not sure how this fits in with Erin's book but I'll be thinking about it today.
2. Pills - taken.
3. Water - almost finished my first mug.
4. Healthy eating - ummm, I'll do my best. To be honest, my life is out of balance, focused on work, and this is one area that is suffering. I'm not going to beat myself up over it but I'll try to minimize the damage.
5. Exercise - supposed to be a rest day but I think I'll do the crosstraining I DIDN'T do yesterday and rest tomorrow.

Updates later!

Doe,

What a great devotion today! Thank you for sharing! :grouphug:

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with God's peace and strength! :sunny:

:wave: Hi, Doreen. If I could be there, I'd give you a big, sisterly hug. :hug:
Things aren't easy right now, but you're going to manage it. One step, one task at a time. There have been several times over the last couple of days when I've thought of your "breathing prayer." Thanks for sharing that.

Take care, WISH-sis.

Love,
Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter