Dream December 31, 2018 4-Night Double Dip

Tom felt worse last night, and I am no better. We have cancelled the cruise.
Bobbi

I am so sorry to hear this and hope you both get better soon!!! I also hope Disney let you put something towards a future cruise.

I travel a lot for work and caught that bug right after Thanksgiving. This is the first week I felt 100%. I had to resort to my secondary inhaler, so be careful of it developing into a respiratory infection after a couple of days. It sticks with you for about 4 weeks.

Instead of treats I wish could send chicken soup. Take care and get well!

Lisa

I am so sorry to hear this and hope you both get better soon!!! I also hope Disney let you put something towards a future cruise.

I travel a lot for work and caught that bug right after Thanksgiving. This is the first week I felt 100%. I had to resort to my secondary inhaler, so be careful of it developing into a respiratory infection after a couple of days. It sticks with you for about 4 weeks.

Instead of treats I wish could send chicken soup. Take care and get well!

Lisa
Thank you, Lisa!
What we have is bronchitis, pre pneumonia, and the medicines we have received are helping. I am happy you are feeling better!! We are in our 70’s and always get insurance for pre existing conditions, never thought we would use it for something new!
Disney gives some back for cancelling, then we apply to the insurance company who will pay the rest or deny. If denied, Disney gives 75% toward a new cruise. We do not expect to be denied, but we do have a TA Cruise in September, so there’s that.
Bobbi

Tom felt worse last night, and I am no better. We have cancelled the cruise. We are disappointed, but it had to be done. Folks here are talking about flu statistics, we both got the senior dose shot, but I did last year as well, and still got the flu. That’s what this feels like.

One less cabin in the Candy Exchange....if you care to state a “conversation “ with your addresses, I will send the goodies to you.

Bobbi
Oh no Bobbi! I’m so sorry to hear you will not be able to make it! We would love to send you our local treats from Cincinnati! Hope you and you husband heal quickly! ❤️

Oh no Bobbi! I’m so sorry to hear you will not be able to make it! We would love to send you our local treats from Cincinnati! Hope you and you husband heal quickly! ❤️
Thank you for your kindness!

I would love to exchange, because we moved back to NJ in 2016 and I would love to see what your gift is! I know what we used to gift. We had about 3-4 choices! We lived in Dayton OH for 23 years, and I taught at UC Blue Ash!

However, I am uncomfortable with giving addresses in the public forum, and to send or get a conversation you need 10 posts minimum. If you cared to do that, one suggestion is to go to the games board, and find some posts you would like to post on. This would take about 5 minutes. Then in awhile, you would click on my avatar and the link to “send a conversation “ should come up. If you send me your address, I would send you ours.

We are feeling better, but not there yet. I slept about two hours last night, due to coughing, but Tom slept most of 7 hours. However, today he is coughing more.

I said on another thread that it’s the people we expected to meet and the time with our friends who will be on this cruise ( also seeing Mary Poppind Returns for FREE ) that we will miss, not the cruise itself.

I was happy to be part of the group here!

Bobbi:sick: but soon to be :goodvibes

Oh my word! What a small world!
Thank you for your kindness!

I would love to exchange, because we moved back to NJ in 2016 and I would love to see what your gift is! I know what we used to gift. We had about 3-4 choices! We lived in Dayton OH for 23 years, and I taught at UC Blue Ash!

However, I am uncomfortable with giving addresses in the public forum, and to send or get a conversation you need 10 posts minimum. If you cared to do that, one suggestion is to go to the games board, and find some posts you would like to post on. This would take about 5 minutes. Then in awhile, you would click on my avatar and the link to “send a conversation “ should come up. If you send me your address, I would send you ours.

We are feeling better, but not there yet. I slept about two hours last night, due to coughing, but Tom slept most of 7 hours. However, today he is coughing more.

I said on another thread that it’s the people we expected to meet and the time with our friends who will be on this cruise ( also seeing Mary Poppind Returns for FREE ) that we will miss, not the cruise itself.

I was happy to be part of the group here!

Bobbi:sick: but soon to be :goodvibes
r! What a small

Thanks to everyone for the great Fish Extender gifts! It was great to come back to see the wonderful treats!

I hope everyone has a wonderful time. We couldn't of hoped for better weather especially for the days in Castaway Cay. Who would of thought it would be in the 80's. The water was a bit chilly on getting in initially but was nice after getting used to it.

General Thoughts about the double dip:
DS(17) loved the Vibe, we rarely saw him and he came back very late each night. I think he is off taking a nap now that we are home. DS(19) and I enjoyed the Rainforest Room. We love the tiled loungers, wish we could of used those longer. Our family enjoyed the later dining experience, however we thought the menu choices not as good as past years. Also, the service wasn't up to it's Disney stellar quality that we have gotten in the past. It was still very good but not up there with past experiences. This was also the first time we went to the adult beach, we will definitely do that again. Nice and peaceful. Our only real compliant is that we wish it was longer, by Day 4 you are really getting into relaxing and the flow of the ship. Guess we will need to do another?

Happy New Year!
Lisa

We booked next year’s Magic NYE cruise out of Miami, just saying.:)

Hi Bobbi,

So sorry to hear you guys had to cancel. I hope you both are feeling better now. There was a thread on the FB group after the cruise that a few people got sick.

We left on our trip shortly after Christmas to hit Kennedy Space Center a few days before boarding so I haven't seen any messages and when we travel on vacation, I don't bring my laptop anymore, keeps me offline. Friday after disembarking is like a full travel day for us, the day after is trying to unpack and get some sort of normalcy going.

I brought Salt Water Taffy made in Santa Cruz, CA. While we don't live there, I use to work in Santa Cruz for 17 years (30 mins away from where we live). If you would like, I can send it to you. I think I have enough messages now for a PM.

Tom felt worse last night, and I am no better. We have cancelled the cruise. We are disappointed, but it had to be done. Folks here are talking about flu statistics, we both got the senior dose shot, but I did last year as well, and still got the flu. That’s what this feels like.

One less cabin in the Candy Exchange....if you care to state a “conversation “ with your addresses, I will send the goodies to you.

Bobbi

It's funny about the dining experience. We found our dining team was exceptional and we really loved having them. Most of our dinners were great but
but for the first time on Castaway, we really didn't enjoy the food at Cookies and the food on the pool deck was ok. On our second Castaway day, we had a late and big breakfast so we would skip eating lunch on Castaway.

Thanks to everyone for the great Fish Extender gifts! It was great to come back to see the wonderful treats!

I hope everyone has a wonderful time. We couldn't of hoped for better weather especially for the days in Castaway Cay. Who would of thought it would be in the 80's. The water was a bit chilly on getting in initially but was nice after getting used to it.

General Thoughts about the double dip:
DS(17) loved the Vibe, we rarely saw him and he came back very late each night. I think he is off taking a nap now that we are home. DS(19) and I enjoyed the Rainforest Room. We love the tiled loungers, wish we could of used those longer. Our family enjoyed the later dining experience, however we thought the menu choices not as good as past years. Also, the service wasn't up to it's Disney stellar quality that we have gotten in the past. It was still very good but not up there with past experiences. This was also the first time we went to the adult beach, we will definitely do that again. Nice and peaceful. Our only real compliant is that we wish it was longer, by Day 4 you are really getting into relaxing and the flow of the ship. Guess we will need to do another?

Happy New Year!
Lisa

Hi Bobbi,

So sorry to hear you guys had to cancel. I hope you both are feeling better now. There was a thread on the FB group after the cruise that a few people got sick.

We left on our trip shortly after Christmas to hit Kennedy Space Center a few days before boarding so I haven't seen any messages and when we travel on vacation, I don't bring my laptop anymore, keeps me offline. Friday after disembarking is like a full travel day for us, the day after is trying to unpack and get some sort of normalcy going.

I brought Salt Water Taffy made in Santa Cruz, CA. While we don't live there, I use to work in Santa Cruz for 17 years (30 mins away from where we live). If you would like, I can send it to you. I think I have enough messages now for a PM.
Ok, will do! Include your address and we can trade!:thumbsup2
It may take a bit of time until the conversation link appears.
Glad you had a good dining team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter