Dream Rainforest Room

Disney_Life84

I love Mickey!
DH and I already have the couple's choice massage booked for our cruise next month on the Dream. Should we try and get passes for the Rainforest Room as well? Is the room worth it? What is it like? I've never been in the room, so I've been picturing a bunch of adults in a cramped space fighting for their turn in the showers and heated chairs. Is it crowded? I've looked at pictures and videos, and looks like there aren't many showers and chairs. Plus the showers look like they are open, so that seems awkward to me...relaxing in a therapy shower with people that can clearly see you.

Lots of previous posts on the Rainforest Room. A sizeable percentage say that they love it and would go multiple times, a decent percentage say that it is worth a trip but not multiple times, and a small percentage say that they didn't think it lived up to their expectations. Minor discussions on the percieved values of skin scrubs that you can get as an option.

The answer to is it crowded appears to be, "it depends". People report very empty, relaxing environments, as well as having people waiting for a chair/hot tub spot. Recurring theme appears that early in the day is less crowded than the afternoon, and that sea days are the busiest.

Going for the first time in 3 weeks with my wife; we will see how it turns out.

The idea of the showers being open doesn't bother me; I don't think that I'll be spending long enough in the shower to be bothered by people outside.

DH and I already have the couple's choice massage booked for our cruise next month on the Dream. Should we try and get passes for the Rainforest Room as well? Is the room worth it? What is it like? I've never been in the room, so I've been picturing a bunch of adults in a cramped space fighting for their turn in the showers and heated chairs. Is it crowded? I've looked at pictures and videos, and looks like there aren't many showers and chairs. Plus the showers look like they are open, so that seems awkward to me...relaxing in a therapy shower with people that can clearly see you.

It's nice. There are heated chairs, showers (with essential oils), two jacuzzis... Cramped or crowded: hard to tell, it wasn't when we went the first time because it was on Nassau Day (morning). And yes, the showers are open. But you are in a bathing suit... ;)

It's nice. There are heated chairs, showers (with essential oils), two jacuzzis... Cramped or crowded: hard to tell, it wasn't when we went the first time because it was on Nassau Day (morning). And yes, the showers are open. But you are in a bathing suit... ;)

So what is proper etiquette? Do you stay in the chairs/showers/hot tub as long as you want, or is it expected that you move when someone else is waiting? Also, is it a go at your own pace sort of thing...step in the showers when you want, sauna when you want, etc?

So what is proper etiquette? Do you stay in the chairs/showers/hot tub as long as you want, or is it expected that you move when someone else is waiting? Also, is it a go at your own pace sort of thing...step in the showers when you want, sauna when you want, etc?

Usually, the recommended time for saunas and jacuzzis (or anything that's heated) is "no longer than 15 minutes" so I think it's not unreasonable to spend that amount of time in each. I think the order in which you decide to do them should be your decision (unlike certain spa that have a certain "itinerary" to follow).

And it's not unreasonable to give up your spot a little bit earlier if a lot of people are waiting as long as you can enjoy the spot long enough for you to be satisfied.

Last edited:
And yes, the showers are open. But you are in a bathing suit... ;)

You can really only be seen by people on the other side of the room. The showers are lined up on each side (three per side, I think). So you can't see people on the same side of the room as you. It's really not a big deal. Of course, if there were a ton of people waiting in the middle of the room that could be more uncomfortable, but that wasn't the case when we were there. So I agree with @mevelandry.

As for the pacing, you can come and go from any of the things you want and in any order. Since there are several different sauna/steam rooms, different people like them in different orders or maybe just pick your favorite type. Likewise with the showers, hot tub, heated chairs. We found that if someone was using one type of thing, we just used something else until they were done, so we really didn't "wait" even if something was in use. But I have heard tales of things being fuller at certain times.

Also, within the same day, you can come back some other time, if you run out of time or if things are crowded at that moment.

To us, it was worth the $16 per person, but we probably wouldn't do it EVERY cruise, nor did we personally want to do it every day.

I enjoyed the Fantasy. It wasn't crowded when I first got in. It never got crowded, but busier. The only thing that I didn't like is what to do with my glasses when I was in the showers. I didn't bring a bag or eyeglass case with me; I didn't think about needing one. So, unless you want your glasses completely spotted, bring something to put them in while you are in each shower. I also don't remember anywhere to really set a small bag or item to keep it from getting wet while you are in the showers. I think I found a counter or table, but it wasn't in view of the showers.

I enjoyed the Fantasy. It wasn't crowded when I first got in. It never got crowded, but busier. The only thing that I didn't like is what to do with my glasses when I was in the showers. I didn't bring a bag or eyeglass case with me; I didn't think about needing one. So, unless you want your glasses completely spotted, bring something to put them in while you are in each shower. I also don't remember anywhere to really set a small bag or item to keep it from getting wet while you are in the showers. I think I found a counter or table, but it wasn't in view of the showers.

Thanks for the heads up (hubby wears glasses). They do offer free lockers for other personal items, correct?

Thanks for the heads up (hubby wears glasses). They do offer free lockers for other personal items, correct?
Yes, they do.

I went to the Rainforest Room the morning of our Castaway Cay day and it was deserted. It was quite luxurious to lay on a heated lounger as long as I wanted, then to soak in my own hot tub with a view out to sea.

We used the showers this time--you don't really shower in them, just step in and enjoy the water falling on you. I always thought the open showers were really weird until I actually tried them and saw how it works. (For something similar--see the Tim Tracker video where they go to the spa in Aulani and they have the outdoor showers there.) Warning: They are pretty cold.

I have been to the room on a sea day and it was crowded. There is a sign asking to limit time on the heated chairs if people are waiting, but in my experience, mostly people go in there and go to sleep! Best bet is morning of a port day. Had it mostly to myself the morning of Nassau and really enjoyed it.

Also, I have enjoyed it more on cooler days, like when we cruise in January.

They do have lockers in the restroom. I don't recall seeing any lockers in the Rainforest area though. I am pretty blind and didn't want to have to find my way out of the room, across the hallway to the bathroom lockers, and try to unlock it blind.

We used the showers this time--you don't really shower in them, just step in and enjoy the water falling on you. I always thought the open showers were really weird until I actually tried them and saw how it works. (For something similar--see the Tim Tracker video where they go to the spa in Aulani and they have the outdoor showers there.) Warning: They are pretty cold.

I have been to the room on a sea day and it was crowded. There is a sign asking to limit time on the heated chairs if people are waiting, but in my experience, mostly people go in there and go to sleep! Best bet is morning of a port day. Had it mostly to myself the morning of Nassau and really enjoyed it.

Also, I have enjoyed it more on cooler days, like when we cruise in January.

Some of them are really cold. However, depending upon which one and which setting you use, the temperature varies. Unfortunately, it's not always apparent from the setting name what the temp will be. I though it was rude that people were sleeping, but maybe it was accidental. The worst I saw was 2 people each using a heated lounger to keep their towels and stuff on while in the hot tub. They didn't even use the lounger after finishing in the hot tub:confused3 The loungers were actually the only thing that I saw full when I used it.

There are hooks to hang things, so if you have anything you can carry that has a loop handle - like a small cosmetic bag - you can put your glasses in there. The steam rooms are too hot for me, I can't take them. The sauna is nicer and has an ocean view. I like the showers - I find them relaxing and I really can close my eyes and imagine I am on the beach in a Carribbean rainstorm. The hottubs and heated loungers are the best though.

I went one time before a ressie at Palo so my dining time was later than the normal dining time and the place cleared out as people went to dinners and shows, so I was all alone on a heated lounger watching the last of the sunset. Then I started to fall asleep on the loungers, and I didn't have my Apple watch and I was nervous I was going to not leave in time to get ready for dinner...

Dream and Fantasy are nice, but I don't like the Wonder/Magic rooms. Enclosed, no view of ocean.

There are hooks to hang things, so if you have anything you can carry that has a loop handle - like a small cosmetic bag - you can put your glasses in there. The steam rooms are too hot for me, I can't take them. The sauna is nicer and has an ocean view. I like the showers - I find them relaxing and I really can close my eyes and imagine I am on the beach in a Carribbean rainstorm. The hottubs and heated loungers are the best though.

I went one time before a ressie at Palo so my dining time was later than the normal dining time and the place cleared out as people went to dinners and shows, so I was all alone on a heated lounger watching the last of the sunset. Then I started to fall asleep on the loungers, and I didn't have my Apple watch and I was nervous I was going to not leave in time to get ready for dinner...

Dream and Fantasy are nice, but I don't like the Wonder/Magic rooms. Enclosed, no view of ocean.

That's right! There are hooks. Thanks for the reminder. Now to bring a little bag to put my glasses case and other stuff in.

And Wonder/Magic don't have jaccuzis.

i can't wait to try this out when we go. I am looking forward to those heated loungers :)

I loved it until they started forcing the scrubs on me. It used to be part of the deluxe package which I did not need. I kindly asked for the cheaper rate and the CM did not give it to me so I did not buy the cruise pass that time. I really didn’t miss it either.

I’ll probably just buy the day pass for my upcoming cruise.

I loved it until they started forcing the scrubs on me. It used to be part of the deluxe package which I did not need. I kindly asked for the cheaper rate and the CM did not give it to me so I did not buy the cruise pass that time. I really didn’t miss it either.

I’ll probably just buy the day pass for my upcoming cruise.

I'm a bit confused. I ordered the day pass from the onboard gifts menu. It only had one price of $16. What is the more expensive deluxe package that you are talking about? I don't really care about the scrubs, but I thought they were included? Do CMs follow you around in the Rainforest Room to try and sell stuff?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter