Dream's dry dock door just slide out!

edwardsail

Earning My Ears
I got here at Papenburg this afternoon and went on tour at Meyer Werft. After that I came back to hotel for dinner and then decide to go back to check out the float out party area at the ship yard (that would happen tomorrow). All of sudden, the super huge slide door started moving and open all the way. I saw the whole thing of the back of the ship...I could not believe it in my eyes. It was awesome view. :goodvibes I took quite few photos of the back of the ship but I was not able to post it or attach any photo for some reason. If any of you could tell me how to post photos on this thread...I would appreciated.
(6:30pm in Germany)

PS Also when I was on the tour, the crew test the massive water flowing inside the AquaDuck to test for any leak...pretty awesome. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the news. As far as posting pictures, I think you need to have at least 10 posts before you are allowed to post any pictures so if you respond to your thread a few times, you'll get enough to allow you to post them.

I do not think u have enough posts to put pics on. U will have to pm them to someone then they will post them!

Sweet, cannot wait to see some pictures!!!!! (Maybe I can even see my room towards the back there!)

As I am intending to come over to Papenburg tomorrow, I am wondering if there are parking lots there, others as the park and ride? Could you please give me some hints, were to park the best?

THX!

To post photos, you need just 4 more posts. Let me help you get there. :goodvibes

I am getting ready to go on my first Disney cruise. Have you ever been on one?

- Dreams

As I am intending to come over to Papenburg tomorrow, I am wondering if there are parking lots there, others as the park and ride? Could you please give me some hints, were to park the best?

THX!

In an effort to up my post count as well so I can post pictures tomorrow:

Unfortunately a lot of the best parking spaces nearby have already been taken by people with their mobile homes who are obviously settling in for the duration. They have even taken over some parts of the Meyer Werft car park already by the time I left work this evening. One of my colleagues who has lived in Papenburg all his life says that parking will be a nightmare tomorrow, but there will be the possibility of some spaces near the lock between the yard harbour and the river which will probably also give a pretty good place to view the float out. Apart from that you probably are very much better off parking somewhere else around Papenburg and taking the shuttle bus out to the yard.

In an effort to up my post count as well so I can post pictures tomorrow:

Unfortunately a lot of the best parking spaces nearby have already been taken by people with their mobile homes who are obviously settling in for the duration. They have even taken over some parts of the Meyer Werft car park already by the time I left work this evening. One of my colleagues who has lived in Papenburg all his life says that parking will be a nightmare tomorrow, but there will be the possibility of some spaces near the lock between the yard harbour and the river which will probably also give a pretty good place to view the float out. Apart from that you probably are very much better off parking somewhere else around Papenburg and taking the shuttle bus out to the yard.

good news. post a few more short notes to us and you will then be able to post pictures!:cool1:

Here are the images from EDWARDSAIL

5126682012_43a70a91df_b.jpg
[/url]
P1000156 by DCLDUDE, on Flickr[/IMG]
5126078707_2cb043ab5c_b.jpg
[/url]
P1000157 by DCLDUDE, on Flickr[/IMG]
5126080807_235129c4f7_b.jpg
[/url]
P1000158 by DCLDUDE, on Flickr[/IMG]
5126685928_01d7bcefea_b.jpg
[/url]
P1000162 by DCLDUDE, on Flickr[/IMG]

pirate:

So cool! :cool1: Are there a lot of people there to watch the float out?

I have lived in Germany for almost a year now and the Germans as a people seem very proud of their engineering expertise. As a consequence these events, the float out and the Ems conveyance that will follow in a couple of weeks, are pretty major things with people coming from all over the country (and the neighbouring Netherlands) to see it. Add to that the fact that this is the largest cruise ship ever built in Germany and there is likely to be a huge number of people there tomorrow. As I say the surrounding area has already started to fill up with mobile homes.

These are incredible and very exciting to see. Thank you so much for posting. It sure is going to be exciting over there for the next couple of weeks! Looking forward to seeing more pictures of her as she goes out for sea trials. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter