Drinks in those plastic oranges????

Didn't most amusement parks offer these at one time? I remember the orange ones and also the purple ones shaped like a bunch of grapes. Wracking my brains trying to remember if there were any other fruit shapes!

Yes! Yes! I was going to post about also remembering the grape ones. I can't remember where I got those but I have lived in Chicago my whole life and it must have been at an amusement park here or the zoo or some place like that because I only was at WDW once as a kid and didn't get the orange one there.

The ones at Disney World originally had the orange bird embossed on them, and later two different versions of Mickey mouse in black ink. I dont see any of those on ebay currently.

They may have lasted until the mid80s.

And the OJ always tasted better in them!

Check out Youtube for Florida Orange Bird Commercial

The cute little orange bird is in it--a day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine!

Oh my gosh, too funny. We had the orange and the grape ones. I bet if I took a look around my mom's house I'd find them somewhere (she keeps everything). Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

We always got those at Sea World in Ohio, back in the day when it was still here. In addition to the grapes and orange, I think there was an apple too. O the agony my brother, sister and I would have trying to pick out our fruit drink! I think we saved them and drank out of them til they fell apart.

Didn't most amusement parks offer these at one time? I remember the orange ones and also the purple ones shaped like a bunch of grapes. Wracking my brains trying to remember if there were any other fruit shapes!

I remember them when I used to go to Hershey Park when I was a kid. I remember the grapes, and I am pretty sure there was also a lemon with lemonade in it.

We use to get these at the state fair (OK) and a couple of local parks. There were Orange, Grape, Lemonaid, and a red one that was a fruit punch that was strawberry or cherry shaped...

When the hockey game was over at my parents house last night, I started talking about this thread. My mom went into the way way back of the bottom of her curiour cabinet, and pulled out my orange cup w/ a picture of the orange bird on t he back, and my grape ones that had a picture of big-bird on them and said Sesame Place. Although I don't remember getting the grape ones at Sesame (which I did go to once when I was six), I still rember the Orange one. Then my mom suggested I go thru my box of "stuff" in her basement from when I was a kid. (I have a few tupperware containers of "treasured" memories.) My Orange Bird bank was in there... Couldn't believe it. Almost cried when I picked him out. His head is alittle dented (ok.. fairly dented). I am going to try and straighten him out by letting him get alittle war in the sun (if it ever gets sunny again in NJ), and then gently reshape his head. DD (6) thinks he is the cutest. Even if he stays dented, he is now going to live on my burea. :love:

Thanks so much for starting this thread.

I wish they'd bring those back! I had one and I had a little necklace with that orange bird on it..it was my favorite souvenir when I was 8.

These oranges are one of my earliest childhood memories!! Wish they still were around but haven't seen them at all as an adult.

I had one with the Mickey on it. My grandparents brought that back for me when they went to WDW with my cousins...thought they got it special for me, now I know it was just one of the cousins left over drink cup! Oh well, I still loved it and wore it out!

Wow! I hadn't thought of those in a long time either. They used to have them at Opryland. We got them every time we went. It seems like they were $1 each. We got the orange and grape.

I remember those very well. :lovestruc

There is another snack that I remember getting from the MK -- a mini loaf of freshly baked bread. Anyone else remember those? They made main street smell *fabulous* and were soooo yummy. :love:

I saw the plastic oranges and couldn't click on quick enough. I loved those and now I'm a bit disappointed to have confirmation that they were gone. I remember having them at Opryland and Santa Claus Land a.k.a. Holiday World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter