• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving Thread- Tell me I'm not crazy - Pump me up for the drive !

Thanks again guys for all the awesome information on driving down! We are leaving in less than 2 weeks and I’m getting nervous! For those of you talking about the speed traps on I-19, where is that exactly? West Virginia? I am looking at our route and it seems that we are using 79 for almost all of it.... but I-19 runs alongside it??? I am not planning on speeding at all over 5mph, but I need to know where to be overly cautious! Please help! Thanks

Cheryl

Theres an app called waze that shows police locations in real time. Pretty accurate as users post when they pass a police car.

US 19 is essentially a connector between I79 and I77. 79 breaks west at one point but US 19 continues downward. Most of it is 65-70, but Summersville and another town further south drop down to 50, and that’s where you need to be most careful. I stayed under or at the limit through there, but I didn’t see any cops either yesterday.

we have driven ( almost) straight through we would leave 3 am ish, and drive to jacksonville. last couple time though we have taken our time and done side trips such as savannah, daytona etc. now that DD is almost a teenager she enjoys these as well. Always fill up the tank before the mountains, as this portion sucks up gas like no tomorrow, careful on 19 through summerville, ( WV) very very enforced speed control

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter