Drizzt's Family goes to WDW May 2010

Keep thinking "bright and sunny, no rain" thoughts for the week of 5/16. ;) I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm in the anti-poncho group, LOL ~ so if we do end up getting soaked, I'll be walking around like a drowned rat. :eek:

A trip to Turkey sounds amazing! How exciting to get to see family that you've been apart from for so long. :goodvibes

I'm really excited about Turkey, but like I said before really nervous too! I'm sure it will go great and there will be tons of tears. Since geez the last time they saw me I was a baby and unmarried haha!

I really am asking the universe to please give us a rain free week. I hate to bring a poncho too...but I think it might be the best bet unless I can find a really really good rain coat. :) I'm gonna start keeping watch as we get closer to our dates! I can't wait!

And in other news! The hubby just got back from a trip up near PHX and the In laws are coming next week for Valentines day.

What should I do for them and DH?????~?~?~?~?!?!!! :scared1: :confused3

I LOVE to cook...but I'm a veggie and they are meat eaters so sometimes it hard. MIL's birthday is on teh 12th so we are taking her out....but they expressed they didn't want to go out. MIL said she wanted to have a BBQ...but we don't have a grill. WTH right?

So I'm at a loss of what to do. I guess I could cook something and hope for the best...but then again I could order pizza and we could stay in an play border games since we are already going out for MIL's birthday.....hrmmmmmmm..

I LOVE to cook...but I'm a veggie and they are meat eaters so sometimes it hard.

My brother, sister and best friend are veggies and I love the challenge of cooking a meal that is veggie, but still friendly to meat eater. I'f you're vegan, it may be a little more challenging, but if you're lacto-ovo, I' bet you can wow them with your cooking! Pasta with veggies and a nice sauce (red or white,) Indian food, a stir fry... I bet you can cook and make everyone happy (if you WANT to cook, that is!)

So...here in PA, the snow is over 20" deep since last night...OY VEY!!

Ohhh yeah! Lucky for them I'm lacto-ovo. Past is a great idea I'll just hope over to Safeway and pick up some garlic bread! We are a board game family so I'm sure that will go over well.

I didn't even think of pasta to tell the truth and maybe I can bake or pan fry some chicken for the meat eaters. :) That would be good. Hrm...just need to find a good wine to go with red sauce.

Ohhh yeah! Lucky for them I'm lacto-ovo. Past is a great idea I'll just hope over to Safeway and pick up some garlic bread! We are a board game family so I'm sure that will go over well.

I didn't even think of pasta to tell the truth and maybe I can bake or pan fry some chicken for the meat eaters. :) That would be good. Hrm...just need to find a good wine to go with red sauce.

There you go! Pasta, garlic bread, vino, maybe a little salad (tomato and fresh mozzerella is always good!) Perfect meal for veggies and carnivores alike!

There you go! Pasta, garlic bread, vino, maybe a little salad (tomato and fresh mozzerella is always good!) Perfect meal for veggies and carnivores alike!

Yes! And then to top it all off the day before I think we are gonna go to the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. I didn't know it was the weekend they were gonna be here. So that way we won't play a dangerous game of Uno! My FIL and DH are highly competative. Ha!

So after looking over two of the outfits I got for Disney I decided the shoes I originally posted are not going to work. Ha! So sad! I went on the hunt for sandals at Target and found two great pairs! I can't post pictures of the shoes yet since my camera decided to eat my batteries...but here are two of the dresses I plan on wearing. I'm trying to buy some other ones and I think I'm bringing along a couple of tank tops as well.

Anyways here are the two dresses so far.

157969_blk_g.jpg

156243_mul_g.jpg

No rain no rain!

Ooo! I love the colors in the second one! I'd probably only wear the first one myself just because it's black. I'm kind of pale (like sickly pale) so certain colors make me look even paler. But that second one is going to look so so so pretty with your skin tone! Can't wait to see what sandals you picked to match!

Love those dresses! Especially the 2nd one :goodvibes

And the pasta/bread/wine/salad meal sounds like a great idea! I think it fits Valentine's day great. :thumbsup2

Thank you all! I love the second dress too! I love bright colors. So, pretty much bought it the second it went on sale. I was watching it for a while. :) I'm looking at other dresses but we'll have to wait and see how much they'll be before our trip.

Whee I get to buy plane tickets soon and then pick up tickets from work.

Yeah, Valentine's Day is coming up right now I have to get cracking on passing this final test and then I'll be stress free for the four day weekend!

Hi! I'm all caught up on your PTR...:goodvibes

I love those dresses! I'll join in on hoping that it doesn't rain on you...or on us the next week! :)

How exciting to be going back to Turkey to see family!

I think your engagement story is so cool! A proposal on Splash Mountain...!

Thank you so much. We are still hammering out the details for Turkey. But I think we will have enough to get DH's ticket and then hope on a plane for Istanbul. My family is from Izmir which is a little further south so it might not be too bad!

I know! DH said he wanted to ask me on Pirates but it was way to dark to see the ring so I figured Splash Mountain would be great. Which it was!!

In other news I just got the place tickets for our trip and the travel from the Airport to SoG! I'm so excited because now it's really really happening. We only have 3 months left! I can't wait! It was a little bit more than I had hoped for but a lot cheaper than other travel sites asked for. Phew! I have everything planed!!

16 May:
Depart Tucson @ 6am
Check in @ SoG
Arrive in Orlando @ 6pm
Go to DTD for a few hours to grab dinner and relax.

17 May:
Go to WDW
ADR for Cindrella's Royal Table @ 2.05pm

18 May:
Go to Epcot
Chefs de France May 18th @ 6pm
Hopefully Remi is still there. :))

19 May:
Go to DHS
Mama Melrose's May 19th @ 2.55pm

20 May:
Go to AK
Tusker House May 20th @ 1.30pm

21 May:
Depart Orlando
Arrive back in Tucson.

Over all it's going to be a great trip if it doesn't rain! And it's the first time we'll have lunch at Cindy's!

Now I need to continue to work on the outfits I'm brining with me. I'm still waiting on some things to go on sale. Hopefully that is soon. :)) :hippie:

I love the dresses. Too bad you have to start the shoe hunt all over again. Good luck with V-day and the in-laws. DH is on a detail in the mtns all week so it's just me and the kiddos 'cause Phoebe's out of school. Boredom!!!

I love the dresses. Too bad you have to start the shoe hunt all over again. Good luck with V-day and the in-laws. DH is on a detail in the mtns all week so it's just me and the kiddos 'cause Phoebe's out of school. Boredom!!!

Aww I'm sorry. :( Well I know there is a couple of things going on this weekend...if your up for it. There is an Art Festival in Tubac just south of you. We are going there today. I'm really excited cause well never been that way. I think it's not too too far from you. It's about as far as Tucson. Maybe closer only 30 minutes or so. Unlike the hour it is from me. I'm really excited cause I've never been down there so I think it would be interesting. There is also a Farmer's Market going on today on Old Spanish Trail. Near me. Not sure if we are going to go not today for sure. But maybe tomorrow. :P

If my in laws weren't here I'd be bugging you to go with us. :rolleyes1

Subbing in.

Luv the dresses. Both will look so cute on you. DH is a lacto-veggie as well. We're doing QS and I've already downloaded the veggie page from allears.

Subbing in.

Luv the dresses. Both will look so cute on you. DH is a lacto-veggie as well. We're doing QS and I've already downloaded the veggie page from allears.

Welcome and hooray for veggies! It's hard sometimes. But now that veggies are becoming more and more mainstream there are finally more food options for us instead of stinky rabbit food!

So since I'm going to be arriving in time for Dinner I was wondering what places everyone likes to eat at in Down Town Disney? I can eat fish but the only place I would rather not go in that fish and chips place or Earl of Sandwich cause both are always so packed! Any suggestions would be great! More planning more planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter