Drizzt's Family goes to WDW May 2010

Aww I'm sorry. :( Well I know there is a couple of things going on this weekend...if your up for it. There is an Art Festival in Tubac just south of you. We are going there today. I'm really excited cause well never been that way. I think it's not too too far from you. It's about as far as Tucson. Maybe closer only 30 minutes or so. Unlike the hour it is from me. I'm really excited cause I've never been down there so I think it would be interesting. There is also a Farmer's Market going on today on Old Spanish Trail. Near me. Not sure if we are going to go not today for sure. But maybe tomorrow. :P

If my in laws weren't here I'd be bugging you to go with us. :rolleyes1

LOL, if your inlaws weren't there, I just might have accepted. ;) I have been to Tubac but never the art festival. Maybe I'll drive down and see if the kids aren't too bored with it. :laughing:

Welcome and hooray for veggies! It's hard sometimes. But now that veggies are becoming more and more mainstream there are finally more food options for us instead of stinky rabbit food!

So since I'm going to be arriving in time for Dinner I was wondering what places everyone likes to eat at in Down Town Disney? I can eat fish but the only place I would rather not go in that fish and chips place or Earl of Sandwich cause both are always so packed! Any suggestions would be great! More planning more planning!

We're arriving in time for Dinner too. I like WPE and was thinking of heading there for a meal.
The alternative is to try out the POR food court. I understand that they have a make your own salad plus make your own pasta in the food court there - both options would be perfect for DH and DS.

Ohh maybe. But I'm stay at the Shades of Green which is near the Poly I'm not sure how close POR is to either of them. DTD might be my best bet I heard eating at SoG is not that great.....so I was hoping for somewhere else. I heard Raglan Road was good but I might check out WPE. :) Then do a little shopping. Buy more legos for DH haha! He loves those!

Yeah, heard about Raglan Road as well. I can't remember seeing them in 2005 but then there was lots that we didn't see.

BTW - There is a boat that takes you from DTD to POR, if nothing grabs you at DTD. Apparently it takes 20 - 30 minutes.

Lego shopping is on my list. In Australia, we can get Lego at places like Target but there isn't a Lego concept store anywhere. And I LOOOOVE the Lego fridge magnet figures. We've gotten most of the Star Wars ones, SpongeBob and Batman. There weren't any fridge magnets in 2009 and I'm not sure if they have discontinued making these....

Raglan road is excellent! I've eaten there twice. If the weather is good, try the outside bar seating. We really liked the food and atmosphere!

I love Downtown Disney! :goodvibes

WPE is excellent! :thumbsup2

My DS is really into Legos this year...can't wait for him to go to the Lego Store.

I've never been to raglan road but I know I want to try it sometime so I can have some of their bread pudding - it's supposed to be amazing!
I have eaten at WPE but not at DTD. We used to have one here in Atlanta and I ate there a lot - its really good! :thumbsup2 I think either restaurant would be great! :goodvibes

Oh, and how was Valentine's day with your inlaws?

Yeah, heard about Raglan Road as well. I can't remember seeing them in 2005 but then there was lots that we didn't see.

BTW - There is a boat that takes you from DTD to POR, if nothing grabs you at DTD. Apparently it takes 20 - 30 minutes.

Lego shopping is on my list. In Australia, we can get Lego at places like Target but there isn't a Lego concept store anywhere. And I LOOOOVE the Lego fridge magnet figures. We've gotten most of the Star Wars ones, SpongeBob and Batman. There weren't any fridge magnets in 2009 and I'm not sure if they have discontinued making these....

How close is POR to the Poly thought? Cause SoG is a ten minute walk to the Poly and then we'd have to get on a bus to go somewhere. So I was a little worried. But I heard there is good food at the Poly as well so I guess if there isn't anything great at DTD we can always do the Poly.

DH is into the Star Wars ones right now. He builds them to quick though it's a super cheap thrill. I keep "accidentally" breaking them so he has to put it back together.

Raglan road is excellent! I've eaten there twice. If the weather is good, try the outside bar seating. We really liked the food and atmosphere!

I think we are going to try it. Hopefully the veggie plate is good!

I will have to write a review about it when we get back.

I love Downtown Disney! :goodvibes

WPE is excellent! :thumbsup2

My DS is really into Legos this year...can't wait for him to go to the Lego Store.

That's great! Legos are fun aren't they? I was reading on another thread how a family went to WDW but the DS was only interested in the Lego store and couldn't care less about the parks poor guy! I'm sure our future kids will be similiar!

I can't wait to go to DTD! I love the little shops and I want to be able to actually look at them this time!

I've never been to raglan road but I know I want to try it sometime so I can have some of their bread pudding - it's supposed to be amazing!
I have eaten at WPE but not at DTD. We used to have one here in Atlanta and I ate there a lot - its really good! :thumbsup2 I think either restaurant would be great! :goodvibes

Oh, and how was Valentine's day with your inlaws?
Valentines was great! We went to a steakhouse. Thankfully they had fish. So I could eat. It was really good and the wine was very lovely. We went there on Friday and then we were going to go to an Art Festival but DH introduced FIL to Call of Duty..................................................:snooty:.......................................................................................................................................................................Needless to say MIL and I were stuck reading books on the couch! We talked them out to go to the Park Place Mall for a few hours and then they'd start right back on that game! DH surprised me on Valentine's. I went to bed because the boys wouldn't stop playing COD but as I was dozing off DH came into the bedroom and put something on the nightstand. :headache:

I get up the next morning and the bed is covered in rose petals and there is roses sitting on the nightstand and a teddy bear and card. Coffee is brewing and the smell of breakfast coming out of the kitchen. It was a very good wake up I have to say. I was so shocked because I figured Friday was going to be "Valentine's". It was really really really nice. He cooked for all of us and then made pasta with garlic bread and red wine. It was a really good day. I'm so sad it had to end. He is such a romantic![/COLOR]

Let's see in other news! Just got my tickets to Disney. Yay just have to wait 10 days to get them. I'm so excited we just hit our 3 month mark!

Okay. Now I have to finish cooking these Enchiladas!

Hurray for 3 months!

What a romantic your sweetie is. :love: My DH would be playing the game all night too, which is why we have not bought a gaming system yet. Heaven help me when we do...

Raglan road is excellent

their bread pudding - it's supposed to be amazing

Okay I'm convinced. We're gonna have to go there on our first night.

How close is POR to the Poly
It sounds like it's about 30 minutes for you to get to DTD; and there it is going to be another 15 minutes by bus or 30 minutes by boat to POR from there.

Just got my tickets to Disney
Yayyy!

I get such a kick out of the little scenes they make out of lego that can be found around the store. I love looking in the store because when I used to make things out of legos, it was always like, houses and hospitals and schools. I didn't actually make anything that was a creation on its own. Like everything I made was for the little people; I didn't have the creativity to make something the way that the people at the store do!

Hurray for 3 months!

What a romantic your sweetie is. :love: My DH would be playing the game all night too, which is why we have not bought a gaming system yet. Heaven help me when we do...

Oh man! DH said he wanted a Wii....so okay right we get the Wii....we never play it except for Mario cart....DH doesn't want a Wii anymore so I sell it on Amazon. Get a good deal for it. Next thing you know DH wants a XBOX 360. So we get one. Now he is addicted to this COD! I hate it! I have to tell him okay! No more! It's time for Chopped dang it! I wanna watch TV! :laughing:

Okay I'm convinced. We're gonna have to go there on our first night.

It sounds like it's about 30 minutes for you to get to DTD; and there it is going to be another 15 minutes by bus or 30 minutes by boat to POR from there.

Yayyy!

Ehhh okay that sounds kind of long. If nothing else and we don't like what's at DTD we'll just suck it up and eat dinner at Portobello's again and then shop around. :P

I get such a kick out of the little scenes they make out of lego that can be found around the store. I love looking in the store because when I used to make things out of legos, it was always like, houses and hospitals and schools. I didn't actually make anything that was a creation on its own. Like everything I made was for the little people; I didn't have the creativity to make something the way that the people at the store do!

I love them too! I think they are so crazy cool! I know the Sea Monster isn't a real lego but it just looks so cool! I love the Robot one that is there and the little Star Wars scences they have played out! DH spent an hour in there the last time.

Like I said on Shardai's PTR I'm horrible at keeping secrets! So DH's birthday is coming up in two weeks!!! He loves history and weapons. We are prepared for when the zombies attack. I'm sure of it! :rotfl:

Well the Arizona Renaissance Festival is in Apache Junction now......so I asked DH if he wanted to go again this year. He was thrilled so we are going. Then I asked him if he wanted to pay a little more to go The Pleasure Feast. At first he was like hrm....that's a little bit more than I want to pay for.....then I jump up and go "But it's your birthday!" So he caved in. I think he is doing it to humor me...but I've heard the food there is pretty good and hey there is entertainment and stuff we get to take home with us from it. So I was happy with it. **cough cough** it's also cheaper than buying him yet another sword. I can't wait to go I'm going to take a ton of pictures!

Then we are planning on going back up to Sedona for a weekend in April. Just to get a mental break from work and then to relax before we go to Disney~!!! Wheee more planning. Althought the Ren Faire and Sedona aren't going to be that hard! :woohoo:

Soo it is official! We can go to Sedona! Phew! I was a little worried about that! But we can do it! So a vacation before a vacation haha!

Also until further notice WDW is 100% on a I was beginning to get a little bit worried about that too.

So I'm trying to decide which hotel to stay at right now.

One of my girlfriends is having a baby shower in two weeks so I'm shopping for that and getting ready for DH's birthday bash at the Ren Faire next weekend! Can't wait it should be tons of fun~~!!! :woohoo:

Hey Dina.

Looks like you're seeing more of Arizona :cool1:. Where did you decide to stay in Sedona?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter